Game 18: Lightning at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Game 18: Lightning at Bruins GDT

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

What are the chances we can keep Rask and Khudo?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/if-khudobin-leaves/100/6555800

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

What are the chances we can keep Rask and Khudo?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/if-khudobin-leaves/100/6555800

Nite, do you agree that Khudo shouldn't have let Killorn get all the way across on the 2nd goal? I thought it was obvious what Killorn was going to try to do but Khudo backed himself almost into the net. I'd appreciate a goalie's perspective but you'll have to do. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Nite, do you agree that Khudo shouldn't have let Killorn get all the way across on the 2nd goal? I thought it was obvious what Killorn was going to try to do but Khudo backed himself almost into the net. I'd appreciate a goalie's perspective but you'll have to do. :)

[/QUOTE]

My biggest issue was that he wasn't patient enough. Khudo has the ability to stretch into the splits with both pads uprite as he comes across, but he went down early & thus then lost his ability to have a good push to come across. You're right that Killorn did make it somewhat obvious & as you point out if Khudo would've stayed out a little higher & more aggressive he would've forced Killorn to make the move sooner & would've had a better chance to make the save. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Somewhere between 1 - 3%. Khudobin will want more than backup time and money. Both goals today were stinkers though.

No way! Stamkos goal was unbelieveable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Somewhere between 1 - 3%. Khudobin will want more than backup time and money. Both goals today were stinkers though.

ly bad! Nobody should score from there! He tried the samething against Rask & Rask turned his body then dropped. Puck hit him in the chest. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

ly bad! Nobody should score from there! 

Exactly. Stamkos simply took advantage of Khudo's bad positioning. Caught him cheating off the post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Exactly. Stamkos simply took advantage of Khudo's bad positioning. Caught him cheating off the post.

Didn't it bank off him? Agree though if he's hugging the post the puck just hits him and falls in front.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That was on DK. He needs to bear down and fire that puck into the open net instead of trying a dainty little flip pass towards the goal.

They have , what ,  2 EN goals ? Paille and Lucic  I believe ?  They've missed more than they've scored.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Terrible boarding call on Lucic.  Fronted him.

Refs were terrible all day...couldn't hit anyone without a call today jeezuz

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

The call at the end was helpful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I was thinking about the 2 PPG's yesterday. 

PPG #1 

Dougie played the point man on the high triangle with the Ice Dogs. It was the #1 PP unit in the league. He had the Isle's #1 draft choice Ryan Strome on his left side. They worked their magic all season long with their skills.

Fast forward to yesterday. Replace Seguin for Strome on the left side and it was like Yogi says " deja vu all over again " for me. Nice to see the 2 young guys make a contribution together in yesterday's game.

PPG#2

Just like Geoff Ward drew it up. Give up a shorthanded 3 on 2 to get an odd man advantage  going the other way.

Seriously, 2 on 1 PPG's don't happen all the time.

A gift from Stamkos and the Lightning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And stayed consistent with the rest of the awful calls on both sides. Good thing the Bruins PP took advantage...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And stayed consistent with the rest of the awful calls on both sides. Good thing the Bruins PP took advantage...

Lets just hope Van Massenhorrible and O'Halfbaked can provide the same consistency.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Lets just hope Van Massenhorrible and O'Halfbaked can provide the same consistency.

I have a bad feeling, hope i'm wrong, Bruins fans will have 2 straight games of singing the blues. Those two reffed the Canucks game last year I believe mercy...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[/QUOTE]

The most impressive part of that goal , was Stamkos recognizing where he had to be to shoot it..He moved down deeper than he usually is and put it behind him. The thing about Stamkos is he not only has a laser for a one timer, he as amazing accuracy with it. Him,Hull,Lemieux and P.K Subban have the best one-timers I've seen..

And on that second goal, i agree with Nite, he should have been more patient, but I think that comes with playing more games. He fought the puck early, a sign that he is trying to do too much..But, he settled in and gave the B's a chance to win..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"but I think that comes with playing more games."

Bingo! And having that long of a layoff and only giving up 2 powerplay, you when the other team has an extra player, goals is not to shabby.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

PPG #1 

Dougie played the point man on the high triangle with the Ice Dogs. It was the #1 PP unit in the league. He had the Isle's #1 draft choice Ryan Strome on his left side. They worked their magic all season long with their skills.

Fast forward to yesterday. Replace Seguin for Strome on the left side and it was like Yogi says " deja vu all over again " for me. Nice to see the 2 young guys make a contribution together in yesterday's game.

I was pretty pumped for this goal.  Not because it was a powerplay, but because it was Seguin from Hamilton.  I said to my Hab friend, "Seguin from Hamilton.  Seguin from Hamilton.  Get used to that.  You're going to hear it in your Habbing sleep."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

PPG #1 

I was pretty pumped for this goal.  Not because it was a powerplay, but because it was Seguin from Hamilton.  I said to my Hab friend, "Seguin from Hamilton.  Seguin from Hamilton.  Get used to that.  You're going to hear it in your Habbing sleep."

Hamilton has such good hands. And I thought that Seguin's reaction after scoring the goal ( on the replay )was fantastic. 

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,303&event=BOS261&lang=en

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hopefully one day it will be Hamilton to Seguin to Knight at the ACC with Kessel in the box for delay of game!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I have a bad feeling, hope i'm wrong, Bruins fans will have 2 straight games of singing the blues. Those two reffed the Canucks game last year I believe mercy...

According to the Globe, Kozari & Morton are the refs tonight, maybe a better option ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hopefully one day it will be Hamilton to Seguin to Knight at the ACC with Kessel in the box for delay of game!

Hamstring permitting !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hamstring permitting !

It will need to happen this year then because I can't see Phil signing an extension to stay in Toronto. I expect a trade if he's there next year.