Game 19: Bruins at Senators GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 19: Bruins at Senators GDT

OTTAWA - Greetings from the capital of Hockey Nation, where Friday night the Bruins will take on the Senators with the first quarter of the 2013-'14 NHL season rapidly approaching its end.

This is the first look the Bruins will have this season of the ''After-Alfie'' (Daniel Alfredsson) Sens. With their former captain now in Detroit, the Sens are led on offense by ex-Duck Bobby Ryan (18 game/19 points), ex-Coyote Kyle Turris (18 games/18 points) and defensive phenom Erik Karlsson (18 game/18 points), who missed much of last season after needing surgery for a torn achilles.

The Senators have been off much of this week, following a 5-0 thumping Tuesday at the hands of the struggling Flyers. The loss ended a three-game winning streak, which had the Senators outscoring opponents, 11-4.

The Bruins arrived in Ottawa after midnight, following their 3-2 overtime victory vs. Columbus at the Garden. Milan Lucic, on a breakaway, ripped home his team-high eighth goal of the season, bringing the Bruins their fourth win in a row. Lucic, with a career-high 30 goals, is on a pace for about 35 strikes.

Puck drop: 7: 30 p.m. TV/radio info: NESN (Jack Edwards, Andy Brickley, Jamie Erdahl), 98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers) Records: Senators, 7-7-4, Bruins, 12-5-1.

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jarome Iginla
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Loui Eriksson
    Carl Soderberg-Chris Kelly-Reilly Smith
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dougie Hamilton
    Dennis Seidenberg-Torey Krug
    Matt Bartkowski-Johnny Boychuk

Tuukka Rask
    Chad Johnson

Healthy scratch: Jordan Caron

Storylines: No telling whether the Senators will go with Robin Lehner (3-2-2, 2.13 GAA) or Craig Anderson (4-5-2, 3.30 GAA) in net... Chad Johnson picked up the win over the Blue Jackets, paving the way for Tuukka Rask (10-4-1, 1.52 GAA) to get the start vs. the Sens...Adam McQuaid (undisclosed injury) did not suit up Thursday night and will not be in uniform here. It's possible he won't be with the Bruins on this trip, which includes stops Monday at Carolina and Tuesday at the NY Rangers... Sens tough guy Chris Neil has a team-high 39 penalty minutes... The win over Columbus brought the Bruins their ninth point on a five-game homestand. It likely also earned Johnson the start in Carolina...The Bruins went 4-0-1 (.900) in their homestand... As expected, the Bruins did not work out here Friday morning, opting to sleep in in light of their work-and-travel schedule on Thursday."

Slackers Kelv and JMW!

The rare Friday night game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Game 19: Bruins at Senators GDT

I have a feeling the Sens go with Lehner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

San, I'm bitter that I didn't pay more attention to the schedule. I just flew into Montreal but I would've flown to Ottawa first had I been keener. Oh well, it should be fun watching the Bruins while in enemy territory. I look forward to seeing if it's as dangerous to wear Bruins gear in Montreal as Stanley claims it to be. Let's just say I'm skeptical. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

San, I'm bitter that I didn't pay more attention to the schedule. I just flew into Montreal but I would've flown to Ottawa first had I been keener. Oh well, it should be fun watching the Bruins while in enemy territory. I look forward to seeing if it's as dangerous to wear Bruins gear in Montreal as Stanley claims it to be. Let's just say I'm skeptical. 

You mean your not calling Stanley up to give you a guided tour and some protection?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Dez, you're not renting a car and making a drive up the 417?

It is only a little longer than the Saint John-Miramichi run...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Legion and BruinsUnite wear there Bs gear all the time around town. They mentioned too me that there is a Bruins friendly bar in the Montreal Italian section (mmm yummy).

If you have an Andre Savard jersey you might be Ok.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dez, Legion says he an extra ticket if you can make it too Ottawa. If not he said go to "Peel Pub" to watch the game. His twitter handle is the same as his profile here if you want too reach out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It might generate some 911 calls...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Legion and BruinsUnite wear there Bs gear all the time around town. They mentioned too me that there is a Bruins friendly bar in the Montreal Italian section (mmm yummy).

If you have an Andre Savard jersey you might be Ok.

No one ever defaced the autographed pic of Ray Bourque in Schwartzes.  Dez, if you're near St.Laurent - get a sandwich at Schwartzes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You going toninght Book?  Aren't you in Ottawa?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Isn't Schwartzes one of Fluto's favorite places?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

If you ever see Fluto in Boston, you'll notice he likes allot of eateries Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Yeah, one of many.  Every now and then he catches a hockey game after eating too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh boy a game tonight!

I wonder if Kessel Seguin or Joe Thornton will get on the board tonight?

After all, that's what really matters for Bruins fans.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

#neilfanclub

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Does the streak continue, stay tuned...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

#ShupcarriestheKoolAidforanyToughForwardwearingRed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

#neilfanclub

Are the GM's backing you on that too?

I actually kinda like Neil too, most of the time, just can't forgive him for the Matt Cooke shot on Chris Drury.  He's got some real ugly hits on his record.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bartkowski!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Brick: "What a reacharound by Patrice Bergeron!!!"

hahahaha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

What a draw by Bergeron.....unreal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Bartkowski gets his first of the year. 1-0 B's

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Bartkowski!!!!

Thought your boy Eriksson got it LoL

Sections
Shortcuts