Game 19: Bruins at Senators GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Game 19: Bruins at Senators GDT

Oh, and there were 2 calls that should have gone against Ottowa, both drawn by Marchand - the blatant crosscheck and then one in the 3rd period.  I guess the refs are putting their whistles away when Marchand is getting mugged!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Got burned on a couple of bad giveaways.  Seidenberg could sit a game for carelessness, though Ryan must have taken breath of helium before that shift.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

x

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

#neilfanclub

Are the GM's backing you on that too?

I actually kinda like Neil too, most of the time, just can't forgive him for the Matt Cooke shot on Chris Drury.  He's got some real ugly hits on his record.

#neverbeensuspended.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Turnovers killed them tonight. Don't think the B's played their most physical game either. Game turned on the play by Neil.

That was a monster play.  made us look like fools.  But it affected us for the rest of the game?  That doesn't sound very Bruin-like.  We looked tired in the third.  Seidenberg needs to be more decicive on those dropped stick situations.  Pick it up or don't.

I think that hit then goal by Neil was one of the biggest plays of the game. Come out in the second period up 2-0 and I think it's a different game. Ottawa was more physical then them and cashed in on some turnovers. Were they because the B's were tired? Who knows, but Ottawa capitalized and were the better team after the first 10 minutes. At the end of the day, it's one loss. I fully expect the B's to rebound Monday night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

#neilfanclub

I actually kinda like Neil too, most of the time, just can't forgive him for the Matt Cooke shot on Chris Drury.  He's got some real ugly hits on his record.

#neverbeensuspended.  

I like Chris Neil. I like what his game is about. If he were a Bruin, he'd be one of the more popular ones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

I think that hit then goal by Neil was one of the biggest plays of the game. Come out in the second period up 2-0 and I think it's a different game. Ottawa was more physical then them and cashed in on some turnovers. Were they because the B's were tired? Who knows, but Ottawa capitalized and were the better team after the first 10 minutes. At the end of the day, it's one loss. I fully expect the B's to rebound Monday night.

I expect us to bounce back as well.  I don't like to use the tired thing as an excuse.  Ottawa was all over us.  They looked reckless.  It was a frustrating game.  I don't know if it was just a matter of effort, but they were causing turnovers left and right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I noticed something in the last 2 games (let's be real the CBJ game wasn't the greatest effort, either) - instead of "poking the bear," the Sens and the Blue Jackets did a good job of "poke checking" the bear.  It was leading to broken plays and turnovers.

Neither opponent took the body, but went right for lifting the pucks off sticks.  Bs need to work on that, especially Ericksson, Seids, Soupy, and Soderberg (despite the 6 SOGs); they are soft hands when carrying the puck lately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I really thought the B's were going to win out for the rest of the season.  Oh well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sobchack spotted the same trend I've noticed, and it involves both Swedish players Soderberg and Eriksson. I watched both carry the puck along the boards then let it slide into the offensive zone. It's a good move when a guy like Bergeron is in the play and pounces, otherwise it's just a giveaway. Eriksson is still soft around the puck and scrums, which some, who have seen him, say is his game, but it doen't seem to work into the Bruins game plan[ I'm being kind]. He's recovered from the physical effects of concusion, or he wouldn"t be playing, but he has not restored any agressiveness, if he ever had any. Definitely not a Don Cherry favorite, so we'll have to wait and see[ ugh]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

#neilfanclub

#neverbeensuspended.  

I like Chris Neil. I like what his game is about. If he were a Bruin, he'd be one of the more popular ones.

He would be legend.   He plays hard every game. I would absolutely love to have him in a Bruins uniform.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'll take the Bruins being 12-6 after being 8-5 not that long ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Eriksson is still soft around the puck and scrums, which some, who have seen him, say is his game, but it doen't seem to work into the Bruins game plan[ I'm being kind]. He's recovered from the physical effects of concusion, or he wouldn"t be playing, but he has not restored any agressiveness, if he ever had any. Definitely not a Don Cherry favorite, so we'll have to wait and see[ ugh]

So if Eriksson plays more like Tomas Sandström, he goes from scoring 25-27 goals a year to averaging 35+ goals a year ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to bogie6's comment:

Eriksson is still soft around the puck and scrums, which some, who have seen him, say is his game, but it doen't seem to work into the Bruins game plan[ I'm being kind]. He's recovered from the physical effects of concusion, or he wouldn"t be playing, but he has not restored any agressiveness, if he ever had any. Definitely not a Don Cherry favorite, so we'll have to wait and see[ ugh]

So if Eriksson plays more like Tomas Sandström, he goes from scoring 25-27 goals a year to averaging 35+ goals a year ?

Maybe.  Its not in his makeup.  Hes turning it on.  Im happy.  Still think our 3rd-4th lines need an upgrade.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment: but he has not restored any agressiveness, if he ever had any. Definitely not a Don Cherry favorite, so we'll have to wait and see[ ugh] [/QUOTE]

So if Eriksson plays more like Tomas Sandström, he goes from scoring 25-27 goals a year to averaging 35+ goals a year ? [/QUOTE]

Maybe.  Its not in his makeup.  Hes turning it on.  Im happy.  Still think our 3rd-4th lines need an upgrade.  [/QUOTE]

I agree but Julien doesn't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Positives and negatives from the game I thought the second line had there best game especially cycling the puck,hadn;t seen that from that line yet,negative was Lucic getting knocked around like a rag doll,hadn't seen any off that this season,actually thought he had done something in the off season to stranghthen his skating,maybee just fatique last night.

Sections
Shortcuts