Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins GDT. May the 4th be with you!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins GDT. May the 4th be with you!

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/05/game_2_maple_le.html

By Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff

Good morning from TD Garden, where the Bruins will look to grab a 2-0 series lead over the Maple Leafs tonight. Andrew Ference is suspended for Game 2 for his illegal check to Mikhail Grabovski’s head in Game 1. Ference is eligible to return for Game 3 on Monday at the Air Canada Centre. Dougie Hamilton is expected to make his NHL playoff debut in Ference’s place. Hamilton was a healthy scratch in Game 1.

Rich Peverley could also return to the lineup tonight. Peverley practiced on the third line yesterday with Chris Kelly and Jaromir Jagr. Kaspars Daugavins could be a healthy scratch.

Puck drop: 7 p.m. TV/radio info: NESN (Jack Edwards, Andy Brickley, Naoko Funayama),98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers) Records: Leafs 0-1, Bruins 1-0

Projected Leafs lineup (courtesy of the Toronto Star):

Joffrey Lupul-Tyler Bozak-Phil Kessel
    James van Riemsdyk-Mikhail Grabovski-Nikolai Kulemin
    Leo Komarov-Nazem Kadri-Clarke MacArthur
    Ryan Hamilton-Jay McClement-Colton Orr

Carl Gunnarsson-Dion Phaneuf
    Mark Fraser-Cody Franson
    Jake Gardiner-Ryan O’Byrne

James Reimer
    Ben Scrivens

Healthy scratches: Joe Colborne, Frazer McLaren, John-Michael Liles

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Rich Peverley-Chris Kelly-Jaromir Jagr
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Adam McQuaid
    Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
    Wade Redden-Dougie Hamilton

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Aaron Johnson, Kaspars Daugavins, Carl Soderberg, Jay Pandolfo

Storylines: It’s possible that James van Riemsdyk will be split from Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel. The former UNH star practiced on the second line yesterday. Van Riemsdyk was Toronto’s best forward in Game 1. The left wing scored a power-play goal and nearly scored a shorthanded strike… Dennis Seidenberg will most likely move to the left side tonight. Seidenberg has been on the right side since March 25… Wade Redden has 49 career playoff points. Redden scored a goal and an assist in Game 1… Dan O’Rourke and Mike Leggo will be the referees. Jonny Murray and David Brisebois will be the linesman"

That's right Claude!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins GDT. May the 4th be with you!

Frazer McLaren back to the press box.  Useless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I just don't like these defense pairings. I'm not liking the minutes McQuaid is going to get if paired with Chara. And the lack of minutes steady Redden (resisted the nickname there) is going to have paired with Hamilton. I think I'd much rather see Chara-Seidenberg with 30+ minutes for a game and Redden-Boychuk for 20+ and minimal minutes for a McQuaid-Hamilton line. Even just for a game.
    I hope my funny feeling is dead wrong...

Go Bruins!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Better to have McQuaid with Chara minutes than McQuaid and Hamilton getting scored on ten times in the first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mark Fraser-Cody Franson

I know the Loafs are going to come out a desperate team but just glancing again at thier defensive core. I don't feel like the Bruins will have a problem possessing the puck again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Better to have McQuaid with Chara minutes than McQuaid and Hamilton getting scored on ten times in the first.

Yeah, being down by 10 can be difficult to come back from, right?

And I used to not like Ference...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And also with you.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

I just hope the Bs play the same game and try not to retaliate to these laffless goons on the ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

There are going to be a lot of long blue 'n white painted faces sent home sad tonight - and later next week.

Maple Leaf fans cheer for themselves as they come up on the big screen in Maple Leaf Square during Game 1 of the Leafs-Bruins series outside the Air Canada Centre May 1, 2013.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Mark Fraser-Cody Franson

I know the Loafs are going to come out a desperate team but just glancing again at thier defensive core. I don't feel like the Bruins will have a problem possessing the puck again.

True, San.  I didn't think they played that badly in Game 1.  The Bruins are just the better team.  As far as their D is concerned the most talented of the bunch might be young Gardiner.  In adding O'Byrne perhaps Carlyle is hoping this big guy can make things more difficult for the swarming Bruins in the Leaf end.  I think it was Fletch who had watched him all year with the Avs and pretty much called him a pylon.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Bs should win tonight. Just hope no one curses them by getting all arrogant and pulls a Kadri.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

B's need to play their game. Hamilton will do Ok with Chara, and Claude can always adjust.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

As impressed as I was in Game 1 with Boston, I'm excited to see if they can continue or even top that performance... GO BRUINS!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

In response to ColonCampbell's comment:

In response to rubberduck's comment:

I just hope the Bs play the same game and try not to retaliate to these laffless goons on the ice.

Thats why the B's got O'Rourke and Leggo on their bench. To nullify those Laffs

Go B'S Go

whats the story on O'Rourke and Leggo on the Bs bench ? I'm probably missing on something ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I really hope that if Hamilton is in. He & Seguin both score, or at least have one score & the other gets an assist on it. And have Rask get a goose egg all in the same game. Imagine how loud the "Thank You Kessel!" chants would be at the Garden!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

whats the story on O'Rourke and Leggo on the Bs bench ? I'm probably missing on something ?

Yes, you are.  Stop quoting that jack off so the rest of us don't have to read what he writes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I really hope that if Hamilton is in. He & Seguin both score, or at least have one score & the other gets an assist on it. And have Rask get a goose egg all in the same game. Imagine how loud the "Thank You Kessel!" chants would be at the Garden!

That would truly be fantastic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[/QUOTE]

Let these be words that all who post here read...

You have chosen to ignore posts from (Insert troll here). Show (Insert Troll) posts

Im so amped for the game tonight! Let's flippin go Bruins!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The unignore feature is fixed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Looking for some good jump from Peverley tonight.  He's was so inconsistent/invisible during the year, but actually finished with points in the final two games.  Will help on draws and the PK as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Looking for some good jump from Peverley tonight.  He's was so inconsistent/invisible during the year, but actually finished with points in the final two games.  Will help on draws and the PK as well.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=17169&navid=DL|BOS|home

"During the 2012 postseason, Rich Peverley led the Bruins in scoring. In seven games – all against Washington in the first round – Peverley had five points (three goals and two assists)"

He's gonna make big push tonight Crowles

PS. "@MSavvy91: What a day im so pumped my boys take on the Leafs tonight #Bruins4leafs1 #maythe4thbewithyouboyz #LucicKrecjiHortonBigNight"

Sections
Shortcuts