Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins GDT. May the 4th be with you!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins GDT. May the 4th be with you!

In response to bim09's comment:

Jagr's being carried. 

You should post more about Jagr.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Close game... Bruins had their chances early and didn't get much. Need to steal one in Toronto.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Liek to see Soderberg in there instead of ST.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Unfortunately solid bounce-back game from the Leafs.  On to Toronto, regroup and get it done there.

Here's to hoping Bergeron's line stops teasing.

That's how I feel too. Regroup and come out strong in game 3. They'll have to match the Leafs early surge of momentum that should come from playing in front of the home crowd for the 1st time in ages.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Go back to game one lineup.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Not that this is peverly fault at all.  But he did nothing.  The team had their best game in a 4-1 win.   I wouldnt have changed it.  

Yeah and the Pitt shouldn't have dressed Crosby

Completely different, but you know that. (I hope.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Close game... Bruins had their chances early and didn't get much. Need to steal one in Toronto.

I don't think the Leafs are good enough to have a game stolen from them. Especially against the B's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Unfortunately solid bounce-back game from the Leafs.  On to Toronto, regroup and get it done there.

Here's to hoping Bergeron's line stops teasing.

That's how I feel too. Regroup and come out strong in game 3. They'll have to match the Leafs early surge of momentum that should come from playing in front of the home crowd for the 1st time in ages.

That crowd will be excited until they are losing. Then poison.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Won't happen. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Missed ya tonight Ference!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Chris Kelly has three goals all year.  Good to see him out there on the 6-4.

Claude drives me bananas some times.

You know who's driving me bananas?  St. Jaromir.  Puck goes to Jagr, Leafs send three guys on him, he holds the puck, spins, spins, banks the puck of the boards, spins....  Eventually he makes whatever play is avaiable to him, which is a short pass to a guy who's covered.  Seconds later, the puck's out of the zone.  They have to figure out a way for that situation to result in an open guy or two on the opposite side of the zone, or Jagr's going to come out of the playoffs with a huge goose egg.

Not worried - they still carried more of that game than not. Need to get the shots off quicker, and more accurately, and they'll be fine.  Also, no more bogus penalties.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Did Boston have a PP?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not that this is peverly fault at all.  But he did nothing.  The team had their best game in a 4-1 win.   I wouldnt have changed it.  

Please tell me you arent comparing the best player in the world to a 3rd line winger.  Im ticked they lost as well but i dont think they should have changed a thing.  Also if you wanna get technical neal was hurt and someone had to draw in.  

Nope, I'm just making the point that you dress the best lineup you have available regardless of what happened in earlier games. Neither Crosby nor Peverley had anything to do with their teams losing in game 2. I didn't miss the 2 shots and zero hits that Daug provided in game 1 and I did see Pev make some fine plays in his own end and on the PK.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ference was definitely missed tonight. Peverly should go back to the press box, he was absolutely useless tonight. Not the result we wanted but hey it's only one gm. Let's take 2 in Toronto!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Did Boston have a PP?

Yeah, for nine seconds.  At least we won't have to hear how our PP cost us the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Did Boston have a PP?

3secs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Please tell me you arent comparing the best player in the world to a 3rd line winger.  Im ticked they lost as well but i dont think they should have changed a thing.  Also if you wanna get technical neal was hurt and someone had to draw in.  

Nope, I'm just making the point that you dress the best lineup you have available regardless of what happened in earlier games. Neither Crosby nor Peverley had anything to do with their teams losing in game 2. I didn't miss the 2 shots and zero hits that Daug provided in game 1 and I did see Pev make some fine plays in his own end and on the PK.

"Never change a winning team." "Use your timeouts wisely." "Shorten your bench when you're down a goal or two."
    I wonder if CJ has ever heard or read these lines. And the sight of the " renowned hockey authority" Geoff Ward instructing the team during the timeout...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Peverly had no shots.  Took a penalty.  Crosby played a little better.  I dont think peverly makes us better this year.  since they made change hopefully ST finds a spot up there.  This team is plenty physical without him.  Peverly would bump st out.  Daug or soder would draw back in.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Love to see ST in the press box. No need to sell me on that Shupe. As I said, his fight was dreadfully late and useless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

You know who's driving me bananas?  St. Jaromir.  Puck goes to Jagr, Leafs send three guys on him, he holds the puck, spins, spins, banks the puck of the boards, spins....  Eventually he makes whatever play is avaiable to him, which is a short pass to a guy who's covered.  Seconds later, the puck's out of the zone.  They have to figure out a way for that situation to result in an open guy or two on the opposite side of the zone, or Jagr's going to come out of the playoffs with a huge goose egg.

Not worried - they still carried more of that game than not. Need to get the shots off quicker, and more accurately, and they'll be fine.  Also, no more bogus penalties.

That's why he looked like he had a Leaf on piggy-back all game . 

what do you mean by bogus penalties ? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Please don't play daug, he is completely useless.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Love to see ST in the press box. No need to sell me on that Shupe. As I said, his fight was dreadfully late and useless.

It will be interesting to see what he does.  Paille and campy with someone useful would be a good line.  I dont think daug is very good.  I just witnessed their best effort all year in a completely dominant effort.  One that peverly wasnt part of.  Id be fine with soder bumping peverly into the 4th line and st gets to sit.  Its about winning game three.  Fighting wont happen and ST never protected anyone to start with.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

between Pevs, Daug and Soder... who has been less bad?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It just won't happen.  Bruins need to be done in the series before Julien even entertains that idea. 

25. This post has been removed.