Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins GDT. May the 4th be with you!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins GDT. May the 4th be with you!

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Love to see ST in the press box. No need to sell me on that Shupe. As I said, his fight was dreadfully late and useless.

It will be interesting to see what he does.  Paille and campy with someone useful would be a good line.  I dont think daug is very good.  I just witnessed their best effort all year in a completely dominant effort.  One that peverly wasnt part of.  Id be fine with soder bumping peverly into the 4th line and st gets to sit.  Its about winning game three.  Fighting wont happen and ST never protected anyone to start with.  

ST isn't scaring anyone either. Clean or not, Orr should've been challenged after taking a run at Chara. ST's job is to dissuade players from running the Bruins stars. It's not working.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Love to see ST in the press box. No need to sell me on that Shupe. As I said, his fight was dreadfully late and useless.

While I'll agree that ST is mostly useless at least he didn't take a penalty by zinging the puck over the glass because he got scared. Peverly is useless right now, he has no confidence and no game. I'd really like to see both in the press box.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

ST stays in this series.  Leafs will resort to more thug stuff, especially in Toronto.

What thug stuff. Only thug was ST.  They dressed a more skilled lineup and it paid off.  Orr runs people with ST in the lineup.  Hes useless.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Peverly kills penalties and had two hits.  Hes less useless then ST.  ST is completely useless.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Wow.  A completely different game from game 1.

I thought Reimer kept them in early or it could have gotten ugly again.

Leafs looked really fast tonight and played very physical.  Went harder to the net.

Bruins seem out-of-sync.  I thought Hamilton had a bad night.  Gardiner started off really bad, but played better as the game went on.  Still he was an adventure out there.

Reimer was great, but man he gives up so many rebounds. 

Where Julien completely out-coached Carlyle in Game 1, I thought Carlyle out-coached Julien in game 2.

Way too concerned with line matching.  It seemed like Chara was popping in and out of the bench all game. 

Wow a playoff game in Toronto.  Should be electric!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

between Pevs, Daug and Soder... who has been less bad?

Julien is in a bad spot now , he should have stuck with Daugevins.  If he scratches Peverley I don't think we see him back this series. 

Soderberg really hasn't shown enough to deserve a shot .  Is it fair ?  Manbe not because the team was not playing well and when it started to look like he had some chemistry with Jagr, Jagr got sick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Julien is in a bad spot now , he should have stuck with Daugevins.  If he scratches Peverley I don't think we see him back this series. 

Soderberg really hasn't shown enough to deserve a shot .  Is it fair ?  Manbe not because the team was not playing well and when it started to look like he had some chemistry with Jagr, Jagr got sick.

Should have stuck with Daug ? Are you kidding me. Guy can't hang on to his stick to save his life. I think Pev will get another chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

looked like Paneuf got an elbow up on Paille?

I want to see that play again.

Julien declines comment on Phaneuf hit on Paille

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Peverly kills penalties and had two hits.  Hes less useless then ST.  ST is completely useless.  

Peverley also won 10 of 12 faceoffs tonight.  Daugavins and Thornton are  more useless than him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Should have stuck with Daug ? Are you kidding me. Guy can't hang on to his stick to save his life. I think Pev will get another chance.

Maybe he can't hang on to his stick but Peverly is a ghost out there. He was floater all night and took a penalty cause he panicked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Peverly had no shots.  Took a penalty.  Crosby played a little better.  I dont think peverly makes us better this year.  since they made change hopefully ST finds a spot up there.  This team is plenty physical without him.  Peverly would bump st out.  Daug or soder would draw back in.  

Soderberg had some limited success with Jagr.  I think for the chances of scoring, that would be the best.  But the only way to make the third line very threatening would be to move someone down from the top two lines.  But if the top two lines are clicking, you obviously wouldn't do that.  I'm not getting the hate on Shawn Thornton.  How was the fourth line bad?  I thought they played well.  If re-arranging of lines means the fourth line changes, then I could see scratching Thornton.  But Paille-Campbell-Thornton plays well together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

Peverly had no shots.  Took a penalty.  Crosby played a little better.  I dont think peverly makes us better this year.  since they made change hopefully ST finds a spot up there.  This team is plenty physical without him.  Peverly would bump st out.  Daug or soder would draw back in.  

Soderberg had some limited success with Jagr.  I think for the chances of scoring, that would be the best.  But the only way to make the third line very threatening would be to move someone down from the top two lines.  But if the top two lines are clicking, you obviously wouldn't do that.  I'm not getting the hate on Shawn Thornton.  How was the fourth line bad?  I thought they played well.  If re-arranging of lines means the fourth line changes, then I could see scratching Thornton.  But Paille-Campbell-Thornton plays well together.

6GP 0-2-2   -2.  Limited's one way to describe it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

One of the worst defensive games Bruin's have played ,breakaways,2 on  1,Leafs last goal where the hell was deff,just brutal,don't expect them to win every game but come on and Jagr looked his age out there

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Jagr's being carried. 

You should post more about Jagr.

Yea that post made me add 1 more to my ignore list. Whatta dick!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

One of the worst defensive games Bruin's have played ,breakaways,2 on  1,Leafs last goal where the hell was deff,just brutal,don't expect them to win every game but come on and Jagr looked his age out there

Yeah he looks 30! To place blame on Jagr where's he's pretty much played with plugs since he became a Bruin isn't a bright comment. Campbell had been his biggest & best asset. That's saying something. CJ is going to have to get Jagr some help. Pev's, Kelly, Daug & Sods haven't cut it. I really would make Campbell, Paille & Jagr a 3rd line & make Kelly, Peverly & Daug a 4th. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Yeah he looks 30! To place blame on Jagr where's he's pretty much played with plugs since he became a Bruin isn't a bright comment. Campbell had been his biggest & best asset. That's saying something. CJ is going to have to get Jagr some help. Pev's, Kelly, Daug & Sods haven't cut it. I really would make Campbell, Paille & Jagr a 3rd line & make Kelly, Peverly & Daug a 4th. 

I was about to say the same thing, but I decided to give Soderberg the benefit of the doubt.  In Pevs and Kelly's case I don't think it's because they have no offensive ability, but on top of that being limited, it just hasn't clicked right.  Marchand was Jagr's best asset.  But like I said it might be counter-productive to move him there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

He looks old and lazy out there,don't matter who you put him with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I missed the game being at a celebratory first communion/birthday party but was following along on the NESN live blog on my phone.  Despite the music and festivities the early groans from the almost unanimous Leaf majority in the banquet hall gave way to successive thundering cheers signalling the Leaf leads. 

I didn't need my cell as that told the tale.  As soon as I read "The B's were particularly sloppy in the second period and the Leafs took advantage" I figured some team inconsistencies paid a return visit.  I give the Leafs props for what sounds like a solid display but it appears the Bruins actively contributed to their defeat. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Couple of softies from Rask, a few defensive zone miscues, a few bad penalties, and some good looks but bad executions on offense.

Not the outcome we were hoping for, but the good news is that this isn't a one game series.

No worries from me!

B's in 5!

Rosie Glasses here, i'm with you on this all the way !!! Lookout TO,the B train is a comin' to the big smoke.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

He looks old and lazy out there,don't matter who you put him with.

Your dumbest post ever! The guys still a beast if you give him some quality help. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Carlyle bold move to place Orr out there to pop Chara but it worked a bit. Chara couldn't fight due to poor trade off and B's didn't take advantage of skilless players on the ice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Carlyle bold move to place Orr out there to pop Chara but it worked a bit. Chara couldn't fight due to poor trade off and B's didn't take advantage of skilless players on the ice.

so classless, bruin's fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1RlDuuSOGEQ

Sections
Shortcuts