Game 20: Bruins at Capitals GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Game 20: Bruins at Capitals GDT

Does the Bruins' lethargy got you down? Don't worry, it will end soon.

We need a few bumps along the way for motivation.

Look at the Hawks - everything rosy and cheery - for now. Boy are they headed to some super bumps. I bet they will come when it counts the most.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

so that PP they got ,  I bet a team with a good PP at the end of the game like the Bruins got would have made them pay.

It should have not come down to that. They should have finished that team off well before that. I'll take the point and move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

IIn response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to xdrive's comment:

Really?? Cuz if Seguin puts that in the Bruins have 4 goals in reg. And win

There are always going to be chances to score where one can say "if only he had put that in the game would be over." We don't really know that. The fact is, Washington out worked the B's (third line especially) and that is why the team lost.

I know that, my original post said he has missed high a million times this season, its not just him the point was they are not putting teams away, letting them hang around and Seguin is supposed to finish, he hasn't lacked for chances 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Does the Bruins' lethargy got you down? Don't worry, it will end soon.

We need a few bumps along the way for motivation.

Look at the Hawks - everything rosy and cheery - for now. Boy are they headed to some super bumps. I beat they will come when it counts the most.

Probably get knocked out in the first round lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i saw so many good things in the first.  My only disappointment outside the loss is blowing a 3-0 lead.  Good teams put the foot on throat and keep pushing.  Leafs game will be a dandy between two tough teams.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

OK, just to summarize a couple of recent threads:

1. We do/don't need a PP to win.

2. We should/shouldn't entertain trade proposals to shore up our scoring.

3. "So we lost a game - get over it. We're 14-2-2 14-3-3 and some fans are still complaining"

4. Questionable officiating.

Tonight I saw a need for a good PP, someone who can drive the net and finish the job, a slipping record and yes, some calls that make you go, "hmmmm...."

End of 2nd rant. I feel better now.

One thing I do believe though - this Bs team should be angry at themselves and that means that the Leafs are in for a $$hit kicking on Thursday.

I couldn't agree more, but u know me I like to rant as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

i saw so many good things in the first.  My only disappointment outside the loss is blowing a 3-0 lead.  Good teams put the foot on throat and keep pushing.  Leafs game will be a dandy between two tough teams.  

That's exactly it, they failed to deliver the killer punch . Just like they did against the Sabres a few weeks ago in Buffalo. They had their chances to put this game away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

i saw so many good things in the first.  My only disappointment outside the loss is blowing a 3-0 lead.  Good teams put the foot on throat and keep pushing.  Leafs game will be a dandy between two tough teams.  

It will, shupe.  They're a confident group right now having beaten NJ here with Hedberg in goal last night for their second win in a row.  Kadri is flying around belting people, scoring and making things happen. 

They host the Sens tomorrow then into Boston.  I'm not sure if I'd call a team that's an impressive 14-3-3 desperate (not the right word) but I'd like to see the Bruins play a full game to get back in a winning way. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

It will, shupe.  They're a confident group right now having beaten NJ here with Hedberg in goal last night for their second win in a row.  Kadri is flying around belting people, scoring and making things happen. 

They host the Sens tomorrow then into Boston.  I'm not sure if I'd call a team that's an impressive 14-3-3 desperate (not the right word) but I'd like to see the Bruins play a full game to get back in a winning way. 

and I'll be there for game this Thursday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Where a Leafs Tim Brent jersey for Fletch and NAS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Wear.  Sorry. Getting sleepy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Well done, man.  I want the Bruins to end their losing streak and the Leafs to leave Boston lugging a two game L on their backs after hopefully dropping one to Ottawa tomorrow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Wear Leafs Tim Brent jersey for Fletch and NAS

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Holtby lovin those Bruins. Sad letdown vs an injury ridden sub-500 team. Lots of passes WAY OFF the mark.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree, dare i say they got the 3 goal lead too early? I don't know, i thought the B's for the most part played a good game, so did the Caps and they won it in OT.14-3-3 after 20 games , not too bad. As long as they beat the Leafs and Phat Phil gets no points, Seguin a hattrick and Hamilton with 3 assists everything will be ok. Oh yeah, and a shutout for Tuukka.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Yeah, nothing like the Leafs to fix this. The BLue Jackets can beat the Leafs!  

If they can't compete with the Caps and Habs right now, they need to take a good look in the mirror.  Because those 2 teams can score AND will improve on D.

Beating Toronto, the wounded Sens, and the FL teams is hardly cause for getting a read on how "good" this team is.  The D stinks.  And if they don't fix it, it will bite them in the butt.

Funny how the chants of 14-3-3 are justifying this, but what happened to "regular season record means nothing?"

Yeah, I'm POed.  I sensed that Habs game would derail them like the Canucks game did last January.  And now, 2 losses later......with this one aginas the Caps a complete atrocity.

Okay, i get your po'ed, but if the Habs loss(the B's won the first meeting) was the game to derail the season then i guess the Habs won't win it either using that logic because Gillis said the reason the Nucks got beat in the playoffs is because they beat the B's in the regular season and lost their mojo.Also stating "if they can't compete with the Habs and Caps right now", huh,if 2 one goal losses and one of the losses in OT isn't competing i don't know what is. 

What i'm getting at is any team can beat another team on any given night in the NHL, and when you get two of the NHL's all time leading rivals in a game for first place, well anything can happen. Calling the loss to the Caps a complete atrocity is getting a bit dramatic but if thats what you think ,fine. The Caps were at home and actually have been playing pretty good hockey lately. As far as the Leafs go, if the Bruins don't show up with their A game they might get beat by them too.Just remember,Stanley Cups aren't won half way through the season.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Yeah, nothing like the Leafs to fix this. The BLue Jackets can beat the Leafs!  

If they can't compete with the Caps and Habs right now, they need to take a good look in the mirror.  Because those 2 teams can score AND will improve on D.

Beating Toronto, the wounded Sens, and the FL teams is hardly cause for getting a read on how "good" this team is.  The D stinks.  And if they don't fix it, it will bite them in the butt.

Funny how the chants of 14-3-3 are justifying this, but what happened to "regular season record means nothing?"

Yeah, I'm POed.  I sensed that Habs game would derail them like the Canucks game did last January.  And now, 2 losses later......with this one aginas the Caps a complete atrocity.

No, it's not just ONE loss. It is a 3-0 lead choked away. THAT'S different than 1 loss.

You really need to calm down.

Sections
Shortcuts