Game 22: Flyers Vs. Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 22: Flyers Vs. Bruins GDT

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2012020355&navid=DL|BOS|home

"It's unclear if Ilya Bryzgalov will be in net after being pulled Thursday. He has allowed eight goals on 36 shots in the last two games, although he's 3-0-2 with a 1.96 GAA in his career at Boston. The Bruins have scored at least three goals in eight of their last nine games, and Patrice Bergeron has led the way with 14 points in that stretch. Last season, Philadelphia struggled to slow down Seguin, who had three goals and three assists as Boston won three of four meetings.

Offense hasn't exactly been the problem lately for the Flyers, especially with Jakub Voracek posting nine goals and nine assists in his last nine games. Philadelphia's power play has gone 13 for 39 (33.3 percent) in that stretch, but that unit will face a tough test Saturday. The Bruins have the league's best penalty kill at 91.9 percent. "

Audition #3 for the 3rd line, Yes Barbara Steisand's son is back playing for the Flyers and NO Carl Soderberg is not bringing the Swedish bikini ski team to TD today.

Take it to the hole Kelly you have nothing to lose!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Game 22: Flyers Vs. Bruins GDT

Bloodbath today.  Bring it.  You know there will be way too many orange shirts in the lower bowl.  Hate them all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Love when these two teams meet. Looking for a 4-3 game. Lucic with the game winner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Audition #3 for the 3rd line, Yes Barbara Steisand's son is back playing for the Flyers and NO Carl Soderberg is not bringing the Swedish bikini ski team to TD today.

Aww...way to blow the fantasy.

Go Bruins!!!  Anyone know if Shelley is suiting up today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

lower bowl. sounds like a good place for em. Should be a good one, although day hockey reminds me of Peter Puck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Aww...way to blow the fantasy.

Go Bruins!!!  Anyone know if Shelley is suiting up today?

Read somewhere that Shelley is still out with an injury, Rinaldo ( not the soccer player, but he could be in the Habs roster) should be in the line up and likely will cause some disturbances. Maybe Caron will drop the mitts with him to get back into the NHL groove.Kidding.;p

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

huh, I'm actually awake for the start of one these 10 am Saturday games for a change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Read somewhere that Shelley is still out with an injury, Rinaldo ( not the soccer player, but he could be in the Habs roster) should be in the line up and likely will cause some disturbances. Maybe Caron will drop the mitts with him to get back into the NHL groove.Kidding.;p

Interresting. This has to be the first time in Flyer franchise history where they will not dress a heavy....against the Bruins no less.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Who starts in net?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bryzgalov is 3-0-2 against the Bruins? Could they beat the Flyers 5-0 or 6-0 with Bryzgalov in net last year. Maybe it was their backup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I hope Rask doesn't have flashbacks like Frank Costanza at the buffet table.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Bryzgalov is 3-0-2 against the Bruins? Could they beat the Flyers 5-0 or 6-0 with Bryzgalov in net last year. Maybe it was their backup.

Who starts in net for Bruins

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If the B's win today is the Curse of the Matinee dead?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

You know i hope Tuukka's playing today, maybe get over a mini hurdle in his psyche? I don't think he played against them since then has he? Too lazy to go back over the old B's /flyer matchups.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm with you i hate these afternoon games,don't no reason Bruins have them,it's not like a night game wouldn't be solsd out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Flyers will be in a foul mood after blowing a 3 goal lead and losing to the rival Penguins on Thursday night. Should make for interesting game. Always a special event when these two teams clash.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I'm with you i hate these afternoon games,don't no reason Bruins have them,it's not like a night game wouldn't be solsd out

I love the afternoon games.  I hate the people who cry all morning because the "B's always tank in the matinee".  They may have a losing record overall, but what happened in 2005 has no bearing on today's team.  It an old wives tale.  If they were 0-700 in the matinee, I'd agree.  They aren't.

As for the actual games, I think it's great to have an afternoon game, especially on a Saturday.  I'm headed out to a restaurant with a couple of friends to watch the game and then get to go out with a chick tonight and not miss anything.   (Unless, of course, we go to the movies, in which case I'll probably end up missing 10-15 minutes somwhere in the middle.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

You know i hope Tuukka's playing today, maybe get over a mini hurdle in his psyche? I don't think he played against them since then has he? Too lazy to go back over the old B's /flyer matchups.

He hasn't played them since.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I guess Caron will not be doing any scoring tonight....sorry Dez and GNB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They're 3-0 this year in afternoon games.  However, they don't seem to have that killer instinct. They can't score on the PP, don't fight, don't hit.  Can't seem to blowout the teams so they could rest Cedfano and the top two lines.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

He hasn't played them since.

Interesting. But then the Flyers don't have Richards & Carter, but Simon Gagne is back and we all know how he played against the B's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I hate playing Philly cause I think too many of their guys play reckless... starting with Hartnell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

not worth 2 points if you lose a top player to injury

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

I guess Caron will not be doing any scoring tonight....sorry Dez and GNB.

That's fine.  I'm not "Stanley obsessed" with Caron.  I would just like to see him succeed and I think he still has a chance.  I want the B's to win no matter who's playing.

Speaking of Stanley, anybody here thinks he gets pulled over by the border patrol with Khudobin bound and gagged in the trunk of his car.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Based on pregame warmups:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Jay Pandolfo-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask

* Ilya Bryzgalov (11-10-1, 2.79 GAA, .899 save percentage) will start in goal for the Flyers.

Sections
Shortcuts