Game 26: Bruins Vs. Capitals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Game 26: Bruins Vs. Capitals

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I can't believe people are defending Hendricks.  He suckered a guy who has had concussion issues.  It doesn't come lower than that. 

He did nothing wrong.  Suckered Is domi hitting ulf.  Im pretty sure horton knew what was going on out there.  horton is no angel and i dont want him to be.  he had no issue going after moore in the cup run and in the same play lucic suckers hedman.  Its hockey.  It happens when people get angry.  Horton doesnt need someone fighting his battles.  

Well silly me I thought it was Horton refusing to fight all game and it turns out it was Horton doing the asking.  So Hendricks is a spot picking coward not a cheap shot artist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Horton is a big boy, he can figure out if it's okay for him to fight. It's the NHL, he's going to get hit, punched and struck with the odd high stick. If a punch to the face could end his career then he's in the wrong line of work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

wow love how the Bruins always get called on these borderline penalties .

Yes, it's the worst season ever for that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I can't believe people are defending Hendricks.  He suckered a guy who has had concussion issues.  It doesn't come lower than that. 

Horton doesn't have concussion issues. He's had a couple of concussions. 

Christ, you're all a bunch of worried mothers, holding hands while the son climbs onto the bus for the first time.

A gaggle fo women.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

He has played a whopping 13 seconds more than ST today, has exactly 2 more points than ST this season, and has spent what little ice-time he has had today skating around looking to fight Horton.

Clownish...

.........one more fight and been in the box more this year. 

What appears to some in being different actually turns out to being the same.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

.........one more fight and been in the box more this year. 

What appears to some in being different actually turns out to being the same.

Hendricks and Beagle are their top PK guys.

Ever seen Shawn "Horton, Marchand and McQuaid Fight But I Don't Because The Other Team Didn't Have A Clown And I Follow the Gay-Ass Code" Thornton kill a penalty?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Ever seen Shawn "Horton, Marchand and McQuaid Fight But I Don't Because The Other Team Didn't Have A Clown And I Follow the Gay-Ass Code" Thornton kill a penalty?

Not for the Bruins. They are first in the league. He is not as good as Matt " I'm on the third worst penalty killing unit in the NHL, maybe I suck at it " Hendricks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Christ, you're all a bunch of worried mothers, holding hands while the son climbs onto the bus for the first time.

A gaggle fo women.

See that's exactly your problem, you're not in touch with your feminine side.  You and Shupe are also homophobic with all your gay comments LOL

BTW how as your movie date last week ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not for the Bruins. They are first in the league. He is not as good as Matt " I'm on the third worst penalty killing unit in the NHL, maybe I suck at it " Hendricks.

You're a bit like Hendricks with your post in that you gave Nas a beatdown before he even realized he was in a fight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You're a bit like Hendricks with your post in that you gave Nas a beatdown before he even realized he was in a fight.

people who think McQ destroyed hendricks should watch the fight again.  McQ took the worst shots in that tilt.  Actually hendricks hand did.  I think Hendricks did well in both tilts.  Homer Bruin only sees the big guy landing on the small guy.  

Where were these big bullies against the leafs.   Funny how they always bully the small clubs.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

A gaggle fo women.

For the record , I'm not saying I think Horton should not fight ,  I really believe he's been told to stay away from that kind of stuff from the start of the season.  Horton has not initiated in any scurmishes (is this even a word ?)and wasn't hitting anyone, even when they were lined up. You said he might have been hurt ?  Maybe, although that would mean he was hurt from the start of the season.  That's been how he's been playing .

It's obvious Horton is much better player when he's displaying emotions (as is Lucic) , I want to see that Horton also and that is why I was one that said he wasn't hitting. He's just a better player. As for coaching or health staff ?  I really believe they're reminding him to be careful.

As for Thorton he should have just jumped Hendricks (as he did Horton) , game is at 4-1 and who cares if you get a 10min misconduct and 2min instigator. He got got the extra 2 anyway !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

people who think McQ destroyed hendricks should watch the fight again.  McQ took the worst shots in that tilt.  Actually hendricks hand did.  I think Hendricks did well in both tilts.  Homer Bruin only sees the big guy landing on the small guy.  

Where were these big bullies against the leafs.   Funny how they always bully the small clubs.  

I have to agree McQuaid did not really win that fight, I'll say more like a draw. 

Other than that I will not play squash with you, too much back and forth and you're exhausting to play with  ; )

Cheers !

off till later Black Spidy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I have to agree McQuaid did not really win that fight, I'll say more like a draw. 

Other than that I will not play squash with you, too much back and forth and you're exhausting to play with  ; )

Cheers !

off till later Black Spidy

Happy StP day

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

shupe, you're slipping back into the baiting for attention stuff here.  That makes no sense.  If you're fine with Hendricks trying to be a bully you have to be fine with the Bruins responding.  I'm fine with Hendricks, but the Bruins absolutely be going after him the rest of the game, and you shouldn't be crying about it.

When was the last time you saw Thornton fight a good, top six forward on the other team?  That's a bad trade off and in the 3rd period of a 4-1 game, I like the Bruins seeking a little redemption.  You're getting soft if that bothers you,  C'mon.

You think Hendricks won the fight against McQuaid?  Not sure either guy did any damage.  Wishful thinking maybe, or just baiting.  Doesn't really matter, who cares, but you're reaching pretty hard there. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

shupe, you're slipping back into the baiting for attention stuff here.  That makes no sense.  If you're fine with Hendricks trying to be a bully you have to be fine with the Bruins responding.  I'm fine with Hendricks, but the Bruins absolutely be going after him the rest of the game, and you shouldn't be crying about it.

When was the last time you saw Thornton fight a good, top six forward on the other team?  That's a bad trade off and in the 3rd period of a 4-1 game, I like the Bruins seeking a little redemption.  You're getting soft if that bothers you,  C'mon.

You think Hendricks won the fight against McQuaid?  Wishful thinking maybe, or just baiting.  Doesn't really matter, who cares, but you're reaching pretty hard there. 

I wasnt upset by horton, hendricks or mcq.  They had meaningful fights in a spirited game of hockey.  I didnt say i thought he won. Go watch the video.  Everyone is saying it was a huge beat down.  It wasnt.  What attention stuff?   heck bsl tries to bait me into conversation Debates with dez all the time.  

I think hendricks did his job and then some.  How is that seeking attention dad?   I said horton is a big boy and played his best game in 2 yrs.  yeah thats attention seeking.  i didnt say hendricks put a pounding on horton did i.  I said i dont think he got destroyed in that fight like most believe.  Hendricks landed the best blows in that fight.  Thats my opinion.  I think mcq likes gets a slight edge.  Or possibly a draw.  I do question where this bully tactics was agaist the leafs when orr clearly needed a msg sent.  You disagree?

Happt stp day.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How is this going on and on and on....

[I guess like this?]

Really, shupe, you're going to call out the Bruins for "bullying the smaller clubs"?  Who are you, null?

I always find that a bit of a joke.  The Bruins play their best hockey when they play physically.  You don't turn the knob down when you play a smaller team.  You do find that teams who are smaller on the whole will have one or two guys who try to slow down your physical game by starting fights.  Against a team that also plays a physical game, or, like the Leafs, continues to freefall every G-D year because they've loaded up on idiots and clowns who don't help them win hockey games, the physical game is just a physical game and you end up with a big neutral bar on the ledger.  The Bruins started two fights yesterday - Marchand wanted Ribiero and Thornton and McQuaid went after Hendricks.  I would hardly call Marchand a bully going after the smaller team, and Thornton and McQuaid went after a guy because they didn't like the way he charged after Horton.  Considering the Caps have been hanging their hats on being more physical than the Bruins when they've beaten them over the last 8 months...the Bruins  finally answered the bell.

Someone should go through all 21 fights the Bruins have had this year on hockeyfights.com and see just how often the Bruin is the one asking to go.  Because I don't see them as a team that plays the kind of pest game that usually leads to other teams fighting in retaliation.  I'd bet the number is much smaller than other teams picking fights with Bruins.  21 fights - only Philly, Columbus and Toronto have more majors.  Two of the three are looking up at the playoffs right now, and in a week or two, the Leafs will join the other two.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

You think Hendricks won the fight against McQuaid?  Not sure either guy did any damage.  Wishful thinking maybe, or just baiting.  Doesn't really matter, who cares, but you're reaching pretty hard there. 

Some agree. Most don't.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/116833

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I find it funny when people call the Caps a small team, they have a low amount of fighting majors yes but they are one of the biggest teams in the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

wow love how the Bruins always get called on these borderline penalties .

I think last year was worse, especially as the season wore on and we'd hear things like "the league doesn't have a discipline problem, it has a Bruins problem."  I still want to know which GM or owner said that.  They suddenly seemed to get no slack on anything - Marchand's suspension is still a joke, and Shanahan admitting Lucic got suspended because he's done borderline things in the past galls me whenever the subject of Matt Cooke comes up.  If that was part of the equation, Shanahan's line on the Karlsson incident should have been: "the NHL will be re-enacting the death scene from Braveheart on Matt Cooke because, although we cannot say conclusively that he attempted to injure Erik Karlsson, we all know the guy is a dirtbag."

Maybe the calls keep coming at the same rate, but it feels like it's eased off because there isn't the same rhetoric around the Bruins this year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think last year was worse, 

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Next year will be worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great comment shows what some people think of McQuaid:

"Hendricks chose poorly. Most Bruins fans would agree you'd be better off fighting Thornton. I'd take a pugilist over a psychopath (McQuaid) any day. If you turtle, Thornton will stop. McQuaid? well..."

A psychopath!