Game 27: Bruins at Penguins GDT

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Game 27: Bruins at Penguins GDT

In response to stan17's comment:

I can see it now Peverly replaces Krejci and Whitfield is recalled to replace Peverly on the 3rd line, lol. Joy o joy, what a 3rd line that would be!

That"s about it

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

One of the dumbest hockey phrases is the "heavy shot".  Pierre said that Boychuk's shot is not just fast, it's heavy.

He actually cannot change the weight characteristics of the puck.  It's six ounces no matter the speed.

If you were a goalie you'd understand the term better NAS. There is a difference when it hits you. 

No there isn't.  The weight of the puck stays the same.  The speed determines the impact. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I can see it now Peverly replaces Krejci and Whitfield is recalled to replace Peverly on the 3rd line, lol. Joy o joy, what a 3rd line that would be!

GOAT, please educate Stan on Whitfield's last visit...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"And dare I say it? Ribeiro - he puts up points."

I'm ok with this

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I'm guessing your refering to him being a Black Ace during the Cup run. Also a no to the "faker".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm ok with this

San, he is talented but freakin hard to root for this guy.

Just went through this whoel thread to sum up the game for me.  SanDog and NAS also called it right on the Pens 2nd goal.  I only saw the reply quickly but did seem Rask should have had that one.  A goalie might not grab a deflected shot but that was a horrible rebound.  What you think Kel and Nite ?
    Nite had an interesting take on why butterfly goalies glaove hand is a fraction late and really starting to believe that.

NAS , why don't you let Shupe and Dez play squash by themsleves. It's played in 2 not 3.

I don't have an issue with either and this board would not be the same without them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Wasn,t Whitfield brought up to replace Krecji against the Flyers when Richards took him out in the playoffs 3-4 years ago? Honestly Julien didn,t have much else to bring up besides Whitfield & oh yeah! Marchand! GRRRRRRRRR that move still boils my blood! Lets learn from this & bring up some fresh young talent to fill in for at least Kelly & or Krecji. Spooner Sauve Camper  wont kill the team now & in the long run be good for everyone. You have to get some sort of offensive pressure from your 3rd line & Pandalfo is not doing it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

1:00 left Bruins still won't go in on the fore check -waiting in the neutral zone

Hey Claude ...wtf

Do you figure CJ was telling them not to attack? That's on the forwards not the coach.

They didn't attack all game long if you would like to be honest about it - the trend is to create offense by creating neutral zone turnovers. Don't like that style hockey, and especially don't like it for this roster. And if that's on the coach, so be it.

I see what you mean. I can't disagree with you on this. I saw the same game overall as you did today. I just didn't figure CJ was telling them to hold back late. Not enough desperation. That's for sure.

7TH sign of the apocoplypse

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I might hold off on chopping zombies though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If you were a goalie you'd understand the term better NAS. There is a difference when it hits you. 

No there isn't.  The weight of the puck stays the same.  The speed determines the impact. 

Whatever NAS! You're always right & just because you don't like the phrase it's been used in hockey for a lot of yrs by a lot of people who are far more experts than you so fawk off! YOU'RE WRONGGG!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm ok with this

Just went through this whoel thread to sum up the game for me.  SanDog and NAS also called it right on the Pens 2nd goal.  I only saw the reply quickly but did seem Rask should have had that one.  A goalie might not grab a deflected shot but that was a horrible rebound.  What you think Kel and Nite ?
    Nite had an interesting take on why butterfly goalies glaove hand is a fraction late and really starting to believe that.

NAS , why don't you let Shupe and Dez play squash by themsleves. It's played in 2 not 3.

I don't have an issue with either and this board would not be the same without them

Hate him.  Not sure i could cheer for him.  He would help our pp big time though.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Hate him.  Not sure i could cheer for him.  He would help our pp big time though.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't care! I would never want that pansy wearing a spoked B! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

Nite, I distinctly remember how much I wanted to see Nilan get his head beat in every time he stepped on the ice for the Bruins. I just couldn't accept him as a Bruin so I know what you mean with Ribiero.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I dunno.  There are parts of T. O. where that would come in handy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm ok with this

He did great to get the initial shot! So, people like NAS & others who THINK they know goaltending, but really don't. So if a goalie makes a great save on a last second tip, or change of direction. What is considered a "great save"? A puck that had a really great chance of going in, right? So, if the goalie makes a great save on the initial shot, but ends up giving up a bad rebound (which on Pitts 2nd goal it wasn't) & gets scored on. The bad rebound is a wash, because the initial shot should've went in anyway. Besides who was Vitale's cover? How was he left all alone? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

RHO, that's the problem. It's still too hard to differentiate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[/QUOTE]

Can Chiarelli coax Gary Roberts out of retirement instead?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

RHO, that's the problem. It's still too hard to differentiate.

And I'm just talking downtown, dez.  Haven't even mentioned the 905 yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I felt like a bit of a zombie today myself. To me, that game was infuriatingly boring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

He did great to get the initial shot! So, people like NAS & others who THINK they know goaltending, but really don't. So if a goalie makes a great save on a last second tip, or change of direction. What is considered a "great save"? A puck that had a really great chance of going in, right? So, if the goalie makes a great save on the initial shot, but ends up giving up a bad rebound (which on Pitts 2nd goal it wasn't) & gets scored on. The bad rebound is a wash, because the initial shot should've went in anyway. Besides who was Vitale's cover? How was he left all alone? 

[/QUOTE]

Great answer. 

Controlling a rebound off of a reactionary glove save because of a change of direction in the shot is next to impossible. On some saves, rebounds can't be controlled by the goalie. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I felt like a bit of a zombie today myself. To me, that game was infuriatingly boring.

Depressing considering the talent.  Our back and forth was more entertaining.  We should charge.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

Wasn,t Whitfield brought up to replace Krecji against the Flyers when Richards took him out in the playoffs 3-4 years ago? 

Yes that is what I am reffering too, Whitfield against the Flyers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

Wasn,t Whitfield brought up to replace Krecji against the Flyers when Richards took him out in the playoffs 3-4 years ago? 

Yes that is what I am reffering too, Whitfield against the Flyers.

You're right I remember him having a breakaway in game 6 I think it was him.

Sections
Shortcuts