Game 27: Bruins at Penguins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Game 27: Bruins at Penguins GDT

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Looks like PC's hand will be forced to do something if 46 is out for any length of time.

We said that about Kelly too...don't count on it.

If he makes no moves if both are out for significant time, this is a lost season.  Sorry.  Especially with DK out.    

Spooner? Caron? Pandolfo?  I'd like to be wrong, but if your hunting for a Cup, you don't refill with the Providence guys.

You people are right I seen enough of Caron, not blaming him but he is not the solution. On Pandolfo it is what it is. Now let the trade rumors start. Lol 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Shupe Dez I love this love in too hilarious.lol   sounds like a lot of green beer.

Not near enough hitting top line needed to be tougher as did a lot of others. Caron way too many skate byes.

Once again within 2 mns trying to pull goalie Pail is on ice, made a great attempt at blue line to keep it in but why was he on  the freakin ice to begin with.

Bshiite goal beats us, total fluke.

Need to play an ugly game against them and let them know what it is.

Start with a pounding on Orpik, he is a great hitter needs to second guess his hits.

Once again too many skate byes that didn't happen against Flo.

Segs 2 misses in the game woow, so close.

These losses now will not be playoff losses. MARK IT!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to kitchener's comment:

The fact that Bruins have nothing better than Pandolfo for third line is sad

Or Caron.

People rode the "if he weren't Ray Bourque's kid" train on Chris Bourque.  Well, if Caron weren't a first round pick, I don't think they'd still be playing him in the NHL.  He does nothing.  Halfway through his sixth game, he's the proud owner of one assist.

^^^^This is bang on the money^^^ Caron does NOTHING for this hockey club. 

Keeping pucks out of the net is important too Nite. Caron hasn't been on the ice for any goals against yet. Bourque consistently was. Bourque also got plenty of PP time in which to create offense to make up for his defensive shortcomings. I can't remember if he was good on the PP or not.........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If he makes no moves if both are out for significant time, this is a lost season.  Sorry.  Especially with DK out.    

Spooner? Caron? Pandolfo?  I'd like to be wrong, but if your hunting for a Cup, you don't refill with the Providence guys.

Remember last season when Horton was gone for  the second half of the year and Peverley missed 20ish games who the reinforcements were?  Rolston, Motteau , and Zanon. Bottom of the barrel.

Don't expect much....

Zero chance they dont add a significant player.  Its an insult to chara if they dont.  He can only man the fort for so many yrs.  i expect someone big.   And its not john scott.  I really can see us nabbing iggy.  Or morrow.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I highly doubt it that serious.  Some blood on the knee.  Drained and rest.  Back in no time.  Bruised for sure but not season ending.  Thats a guess but i cant see it.  The luxury is having a skill guy like peverly who can slide up and a guy like campy who can be a 3rd line center on a lot of teams.   The positive is it may get both those guys going.  

Let's hope for this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Shupe Dez I love this love in too hilarious.lol   sounds like a lot of green beer.

Not near enough hitting top line needed to be tougher as did a lot of others. Caron way too many skate byes.

Once again within 2 mns trying to pull goalie Pail is on ice, made a great attempt at blue line to keep it in but why was he on  the freakin ice to begin with.

Start with a pounding on Orpik, he is a great hitter needs to second guess his hits.

We have done this before(lots). And will do it again.  :-).  All good. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Zero chance they dont add a significant player.  Its an insult to chara if they dont.  He can only man the fort for so many yrs.  i expect someone big.   And its not john scott.  I really can see us nabbing iggy.  Or morrow.  

Or Robidias?  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Or Robidias?  LOL

I like robidas.  Hes mobile and can log some big minutes.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Keeping pucks out of the net is important too Nite. Caron hasn't been on the ice for any goals against yet. Bourque consistently was. Bourque also got plenty of PP time in which to create offense to make up for his defensive shortcomings. I can't remember if he was good on the PP or not.........

I wasn't aware that Caron was taken in the first round and called up year after year to play defense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Remember last season when Horton was gone for  the second half of the year and Peverley missed 20ish games who the reinforcements were?  Rolston, Motteau , and Zanon. Bottom of the barrel.

Don't expect much....

Should be a very interesting couple of weeks leading up to the deadline. Such a short season that there won't be a whole lot seperating the playoff contenders from those who will miss. Kings proved you just need to make it to the dance. The deadline will probably include 24 teams that still think they can win it all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Loved when in the third Lucic hammered him into the boards to the left of Vockun and it's as if his momentum carried him right around to the Pens' blue line where he retrieved the puck.  I was thinking this guy can move when he wants to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I wasn't aware that Caron was taken in the first round and called up year after year to play defense. 

So what. I could fill an encyclopedia with the things that you're unaware of.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

One of the dumbest hockey phrases is the "heavy shot".  Pierre said that Boychuk's shot is not just fast, it's heavy.

He actually cannot change the weight characteristics of the puck.  It's six ounces no matter the speed.

If you were a goalie you'd understand the term better NAS. There is a difference when it hits you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree that they "should" get some sginificant reinforcements..and have been saying that for a while. However, I am not expecting it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I highly doubt it that serious.  Some blood on the knee.  Drained and rest.  Back in no time.  Bruised for sure but not season ending.  Thats a guess but i cant see it.  The luxury is having a skill guy like peverly who can slide up and a guy like campy who can be a 3rd line center on a lot of teams.   The positive is it may get both those guys going.  

Shupe..only need to look at what the Sens have done with their injuries this year. It can be done , Agree Pevs will move up to the first , but hope it's not serious with Krejci.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I can see it now Peverly replaces Krejci and Whitfield is recalled to replace Peverly on the 3rd line, lol. Joy o joy, what a 3rd line that would be!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Don't expect much....

Should be a very interesting couple of weeks leading up to the deadline. Such a short season that there won't be a whole lot seperating the playoff contenders from those who will miss. Kings proved you just need to make it to the dance. The deadline will probably include 24 teams that still think they can win it all.

dez, I can't recall which of the HNIC panel mentioned this very point last night but the notion was there's going to be a bunch of GMs all targeting the same players and that the asking prices so far have been crazy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I can see it now Peverly replaces Krejci and Whitfield is recalled to replace Peverly on the 3rd line, lol. Joy o joy, what a 3rd line that would be!

Stan, you shouldn't even joke about it. I forgot about him but it's a real possibility you're right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you too, but I guess it's just frustrating to still have a useless 3rd line offensively & PC hasn't done anything to fix it yet. Pandolfo is on the 3rd line for fawk sakes!! Now DK could be out for a bit. So, I'm more po'd at PC moreso than Caron right now. Why is he stalling??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I agree that they "should" get some sginificant reinforcements..and have been saying that for a while. However, I am not expecting it.

No kidding.  I know NAS hates the expression "then you have clearly never played goal" but anyone who has ever stood in front of shots at a decent level of the game will explain to you that some shots are just "heavy." They just hurt more, they actually punish you more, and they don't "seem" to be travelling any faster than some other good shots.

I wish I understood the physics of it all to explain it better but I can't.  Some shots simply are "heavier" than others. Maybe there's a better word to describe it.   If you want to make fun of that concept, I can't stop you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Stan, you shouldn't even joke about it. I forgot about him but it's a real possibility you're right.

Hah...it really is a possibility. At that point the Campbell line will, in fact, be the third line. This is already happening as that line is getting more overall minutes than Peverley's group.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I agree with you too, but I guess it's just frustrating to still have a useless 3rd line offensively & PC hasn't done anything to fix it yet. Pandolfo is on the 3rd line for fawk sakes!! Now DK could be out for a bit. So, I'm more po'd at PC moreso than Caron right now. Why is he stalling??

[/QUOTE]

Nite, I'd also like to see PC do something to improve the 3rd line. I trust that he'll do something soon enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The sad part is Claude seems to have a real affinity for him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hah...it really is a possibility. At that point the Campbell line will, in fact, be the third line. This is already happening as that line is getting more overall minutes than Peverley's group.

I hate to say it but they're deserving of the better ice right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I expect them to get "some" reinforcements, Im just not convinced they will be Iginlia level. Hope Im wrong.  They have been blessed with pure health so far... these things obviously have a way of evening out.

Hate to see them lose on that flukey goal, but a first period goal shouldnt be the difference in a game like this. I expect Pittsburgh to get 5. The B's can't score another one after the first the rest of the way? Like last game?

I will say I was furious at the last loss to Pitt, but that team didnt just win 9 in a row by accident. The are probably the best team in the league, and the B's simply are not as good as they are.