Game 28 - Bruins at Jets GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Game 28 - Bruins at Jets GDT

God I hate these games.

BRUINS (19-5-3) at JETS (15-12-2)

TV: NESN, TSN-JETS

Last 10: Boston 6-3-1; Winnipeg 6-3-1

Season series: Third and final meeting of the regular season. The Bruins are going for the sweep, having already taken a pair of one-goal decisions. Patrice Bergeron netted the decisive shootout goal for a 2-1 win in Boston on Jan. 21, while Brad Marchand's power-play goal 36 seconds into the third period made the difference in a 3-2 victory in Winnipeg on Feb. 17.

Big story: If this game is anything like the first two, the goaltenders will have a big say in who picks up points. Tuukka Rask has a 1.44 goals-against average and .944 save percentage against the Jets this season, while Ondrej Pavelec has posted a 1.94 GAA and .925 save percentage against the Bruins.

Team Scope:

Bruins: In the past week Boston has seen its total of regulation losses almost double thanks to Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh. The Bruins blew a two-goal, third-period lead on March 12 at Consol Energy Center, then returned to the scene of the crime on Sunday and dropped a 2-1 decision to the Penguins. Tyler Seguin answered a Sidney Crosby goal in the first with his 10th of the season, but Joe Vitale lit the lamp in the final minute of the period and Tomas Vokoun (31 saves) outdueled Rask (16 saves) in net. The Bruins haven't lost consecutive games in regulation this season.

"I think you could tell it was the third game in four nights for both teams," Rask said. "Dump in, dump in, change, stuff like that, not a lot of chances. But it was a tight game, it was up there for grabs, just couldn't capitalize."

Jets: Unless Washington or one of the Florida teams gets on a tear, it's shaping up to be a battle between Winnipeg and Carolina for the Southeast Division title. This is the start of a four-game homestand for the Jets, who won a pair at MTS Centre last week against the Maple Leafs and Rangers. They made it three in a row by edging the Leafs again, this time in Toronto and via the shootout, but came back to earth Sunday with a 4-1 loss in Ottawa. Zach Bogosian scored in the third to halve a two-goal deficit, but the Senators tacked on a pair of insurance goals.

"We just didn't really come together as a team doing all the right things right away," Bogosian told the Winnipeg Free Press. "They had the momentum the first 10 minutes and it's tough to get momentum back on the road. They did a good job of coming out hard and that was something we, for next time, we'll have to counter back."

Who's hot: Despite Sunday's loss, Rask has given up just five goals over his past four starts for the Bruins and has a .951 save percentage over that span. … Jets captain Andrew Ladd has one goal and four assists during a four-game points streak.

Injury report: Boston forward David Krejci left Sunday's game in the third period with a lower-body injury after taking a shot off his right knee. Forward Chris Kelly is out indefinitely with a broken left tibia. … Winnipeg goalie Al Montoya missed Sunday's game with a lower-body injury. Defensemen Tobias Enstrom (shoulder) and Zach Redmond (leg) and forwards Anthony Peluso (hand) and Jim Slater (upper body) are on injured reserve.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Game 28 - Bruins at Jets GDT

Both are gunning for their Division lead, so I'm hoping for OT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Ryan Spooner - 3 point game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I figure goaltending could decide this one - Pavelec has looked shaky lately, and their backup options suck - Montoya is injured, and the current backup Pasquale has never played a game in the NHL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I figure goaltending could decide this one - Pavelec has looked shaky lately, and their backup options suck - Montoya is injured, and the current backup Pasquale has never played a game in the NHL.

I see another tight game much like the first two, red.  The 7th place Jets are desperate for  a win to maintain their standing being bunched up with NJ, NYI and NYR all being within 3 pts. of each other plus Tampa and Philly 2pts. behind the Isles.   The Bruins are chasing down the Pens and Habs.  Last Saturday Pavelec was wobbly with his team leading the Leafs 4-1 only to see Toronto tie it up.  Tonight's a prime-time shot for Spooner. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I see another tight game much like the first two, red.  The 7th place Jets are desperate for  a win to maintain their standing being bunched up with NJ, NYI and NYR all being within 3 pts. of each other plus Tampa and Philly 2pts. behind the Isles.   The Bruins are chasing down the Pens and Habs.  Last Saturday Pavelec was wobbly with his team leading the Leafs 4-1 only to see Toronto tie it up.  Tonight's a prime-time shot for Spooner. 

Basically why I'm hoping for OT - even a single point would help both teams in their Division title hunt. Depending on what happens in the Canes and Habs games tonight, an OT game could put both the Bruins and Jets into the 2nd and 3rd seed spots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

@saraorlesky: Teams scheduled to have scouts at the #nhljets /#Bruins game tonight are Edmonton, Toronto and Detroit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thought of you today Red and not because of the Jets ,  a client in Ottawa wanted to know if I would go watch the Women's Worlds coming up in Ottawa

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Thought of you today Red and not because of the Jets ,  a client in Ottawa wanted to know if I would go watch the Women's Worlds coming up in Ottawa

The Can/USA games are always entertaining - The rest of their group is weak this year with the Finns and Swiss looking weak, but Group B looks pretty good this year  with Russia, the Swedes and Czechs all drastically improving.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

current backup Pasquale has never played a game in the NHL.

This scares me!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

current backup Pasquale has never played a game in the NHL.

This scares me!

It shouldn't - he's 14-21-4 with the Icecaps this year wih a .909 percentage.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

God I hate these games.

BRUINS (19-5-3) at JETS (15-12-2)

TV: NESN, TSN-JETS

Last 10: Boston 6-3-1; Winnipeg 6-3-1

Season series: Third and final meeting of the regular season. The Bruins are going for the sweep, having already taken a pair of one-goal decisions. Patrice Bergeron netted the decisive shootout goal for a 2-1 win in Boston on Jan. 21, while Brad Marchand's power-play goal 36 seconds into the third period made the difference in a 3-2 victory in Winnipeg on Feb. 17.

Big story: If this game is anything like the first two, the goaltenders will have a big say in who picks up points. Tuukka Rask has a 1.44 goals-against average and .944 save percentage against the Jets this season, while Ondrej Pavelec has posted a 1.94 GAA and .925 save percentage against the Bruins.

Team Scope:

Bruins: In the past week Boston has seen its total of regulation losses almost double thanks to Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh. The Bruins blew a two-goal, third-period lead on March 12 at Consol Energy Center, then returned to the scene of the crime on Sunday and dropped a 2-1 decision to the Penguins. Tyler Seguin answered a Sidney Crosby goal in the first with his 10th of the season, but Joe Vitale lit the lamp in the final minute of the period and Tomas Vokoun (31 saves) outdueled Rask (16 saves) in net. The Bruins haven't lost consecutive games in regulation this season.

"I think you could tell it was the third game in four nights for both teams," Rask said. "Dump in, dump in, change, stuff like that, not a lot of chances. But it was a tight game, it was up there for grabs, just couldn't capitalize."

Jets: Unless Washington or one of the Florida teams gets on a tear, it's shaping up to be a battle between Winnipeg and Carolina for the Southeast Division title. This is the start of a four-game homestand for the Jets, who won a pair at MTS Centre last week against the Maple Leafs and Rangers. They made it three in a row by edging the Leafs again, this time in Toronto and via the shootout, but came back to earth Sunday with a 4-1 loss in Ottawa. Zach Bogosian scored in the third to halve a two-goal deficit, but the Senators tacked on a pair of insurance goals.

"We just didn't really come together as a team doing all the right things right away," Bogosian told the Winnipeg Free Press. "They had the momentum the first 10 minutes and it's tough to get momentum back on the road. They did a good job of coming out hard and that was something we, for next time, we'll have to counter back."

Who's hot: Despite Sunday's loss, Rask has given up just five goals over his past four starts for the Bruins and has a .951 save percentage over that span. … Jets captain Andrew Ladd has one goal and four assists during a four-game points streak.

Injury report: Boston forward David Krejci left Sunday's game in the third period with a lower-body injury after taking a shot off his right knee. Forward Chris Kelly is out indefinitely with a broken left tibia. … Winnipeg goalie Al Montoya missed Sunday's game with a lower-body injury. Defensemen Tobias Enstrom (shoulder) and Zach Redmond (leg) and forwards Anthony Peluso (hand) and Jim Slater (upper body) are on injured reserve.

I like those games. Overtime would be perfect. But Jets need points more

than Bruins. I can't lose today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Both are gunning for their Division lead, so I'm hoping for OT.

Same here. With a big smile.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

For me hockey is better in Winnipeg than Atlanta.  That said, sorry Red I like Carolina as a team.  I am a big Eric Staal fan.  If the Bs lose a game in this road trip it will be in Winnipeg.  !!!!!!!!!!!! Those exclamation marks are for Fletch.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

CJ will really be stressing defense with 2 of his 4 starting Centers out... I expect a very low scoring game (and those kind of games anyone can win!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

CJ will really be stressing defense with 2 of his 4 starting Centers out... I expect a very low scoring game (and those kind of games anyone can win!)

Yes they are. The Jets still have to play there best to win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'd wish the Jets good luck except I don't like Wheeler playing way better than he ever did for us!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

I'd wish the Jets good luck except I don't like Wheeler playing way better than he ever did for us!

Thanks.

That's players learning how to play as a team

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Yes with Kelly and Krecji out defense will be key as always. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto

"Spooner on right side of umbrella on PP1. Others: Hamilton, Seguin, Horton, Lucic."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I figure goaltending could decide this one - Pavelec has looked shaky lately

Pavelec pretty good in March (4-3-1, 2.67 GAA)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Wheeler played well for us but he is maturing, I always liked him not as much as Stanley tho.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Did i look like Horton was jawing with someone during the anthem?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

That hurt. Hope mcquaid is alright

Sections
Shortcuts