Game 28 - Bruins at Jets GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Game 28 - Bruins at Jets GDT

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Collapse!  Collapse!  Collapse!

Nice penalty, Caron.

Great defense, Ference.

---

But, on the bright side, Spooner looked really good.  His speed is awesome for that first line.

It's sad to say but it's correct . Besides Bergeron I thought Spooner was the one of the best players on the ice. If that is the case we are in trouble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

I would keep Horton over lucic, they are both lazy but at least Horton has skill. 

Horton is a UFA Lucic is already signed and is younger, 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

I would keep Horton over lucic, they are both lazy but at least Horton has skill. 

Lucic was all of the ice tonight.  I thought he had a great game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Was a Bruin fan while they were leading.But once the Jets got

a lead coudn't help myself from cheering for the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Maybe the Bruins should try getting behind early in games for a change

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Maybe the Bruins should try getting behind early in games for a change

Yes!  Just spend the first period beating on the other team and taking a few penalties.  Then play hockey for periods 2 & 3

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Collapse!  Collapse!  Collapse!

Nice penalty, Caron.

Great defense, Ference.

---

But, on the bright side, Spooner looked really good.  His speed is awesome for that first line.

Spooner belonged and 5 d men for 90 % of the game didnt help

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Cload knows hockey better than me but calling out the goaltending in a 2-1 game...ehhh not sure that's right

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Great game... have to expect to lose a few with guys out to injury. First place still in sight, but playoffs is virtually assured so just get healthy.

Ottawa is 3 pts back...another spot dropped and we lose home ice advantage in the Playoffs.

This is disconcerning.

Teams are getting up for the Bruins and they have the little extra jump and if our scoring slumps a little(like it did tonight and lately), it is the difference in the game - the wrong way.

After the great start to the season, watching the regulation losses start to balance amplifies the fact that the Bruins are not as good as their record suggests.

It is not like they're going down a couple of goals throughout the game and the score goes back and forth and they lose a tough fight.

They are getting in front - late - and cannot hold a lead!

Other teams see this and feed off the fact the Bs will cave if pressured. Not a way to win your division and certainly not a way to build momentum for the playoffs.

- END OF RANT -

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bruins haven't had more than 1 day off since Feb 22... that's brutal! Injuries are starting to happen and we are still only barely losing games by a goal. They aren't perfect but just like in Pittsburgh, this could have gone either way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Bruins haven't had more than 1 day off since Feb 22... that's brutal! Injuries are starting to happen and we are still only barely losing games by a goal. They aren't perfect but just like in Pittsburgh, this could have gone either way.

Is that a shred of optimism BFinNJ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Schedule is no excuse, all teams play 48 games in the same amount of time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Is that a shred of optimismBFinNJ?

maybe a little...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Is that a shred of optimismBFinNJ?

maybe a little...

...and it didn't hurt!  (Just playing)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I also have some faith in PC's dealmaking... last year was weak, but he didn't give away anything either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I can't believe I'm going to say this,  it's not losing a game in the 3rd period , it's not scoring goals in these 3rd periods.  I'm sure the 3rd period are becoming the Bruins worst offensively. There's offense is stinking up the joint.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Half of red's wish happened.  The Jets got points.

Did I mention I hate these games?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Reading some of the comments , how was the Jets 1st goal Ference's fault ? Battling two guys and Wheeler gets a lucky deflection.  2nd goal on Rask. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Reading some of the comments , how was the Jets 1st goal Ference's fault ? Battling two guys and Wheeler gets a lucky deflection.  2nd goal on Rask. 

He wasn't battling two guys.  The Jets had two guys in front of the net.  Ference chose to work over Ladd and leave Wheeler alone.  Who is more likely to score?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I would rather see Chris bourque in the line up over Pandolfo.

no

yes

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Let's look at it this way:

The Bruins are losing some games that they should have won.

They have also won some games they should have lost.

Believe it or not, those are the signs of a very good team in the regular season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You clitsome you lose some!  What did everyone expect?  Everyone acknowledged that March's schedule woud be brutal.  There was a consensus that there would be injuries.  There was much talk about it.  Was that just talk, did most not believe it would be difficult?  I am frustrated more by the moves that the coaching staff and front office are making or not making.  The third line has sucked all season, so it shouldn't be too much to ask to experiment a bit more with finding the right players to fill that role.  I understand trades are difficult at this point, but Montreal was able to make a significant one, so it is not impossible.  No panic yet.  As long as the B's are playing their best in the post season, that is all that matters.  We have yet to see the Bruins at their best.

Stanley Cup Hangover?

posted at 2/26/2013 12:28 PM EST

• MeanE
    • First: 7/30/2009
    • Last: 3/19/2013

I am getting that same feeling that I had when the only thing that was being discussed in the media and around the team was the Stanley Cup Hangover.  Right now it's all about the B's tough stretch.  19 games in 34 days, 33 games in 61 days, etc...  I am feeling a bit anxious right now, because the B's didn't handle the Stanley Cup Hangover too well, and the scheduling gods are putting it on the black & gold down the stretch.  Here's to hoping the training staff is prepared to keeping these guys healthy and as fresh as can be.  Wonder if the B's or any other NHL teams have cryotherapy chambers or hypobaric sleeping chambers to aid in recovery?  I know that there are teams in the NBA that use them, they started when they had a condensed schedule from the lockout as well.  If not, then a little deer antler spray might just do the trick.!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Right on , MeanE.

Also, isn't better that the rough times happen now and not at the end of April? It will make May and June much more enjoyable.

Sections
Shortcuts