Game 29: Penguins at Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Game 29: Penguins at Bruins

In response to Remi72's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rask with a five-hole....I think this game will turn one way ...

[/QUOTE]

It's 2-1.  Let's leave the soothsaying to Stanley, okay?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mxt's comment:[QUOTE]

We're not going to see Thornton in uniform for a long while. [/QUOTE]

Yep! for Bruins fans that wanted Thornton gone, he is going to be gone for awhile.

What an idiot!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rask with a five-hole....I think this game will turn one way ...

[/QUOTE]

Almost looked like Neal wanted to go high with that shot. If he disguised it on purpose, thats nasty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to mxt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We're not going to see Thornton in uniform for a long while.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Santa !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was it a gloved punch, thought it hit visor without much on it?  Maybe it was the compression with his head already on the ice.  Not suggesting he wasn't hurt, just didn't seem like much.

[/QUOTE]

It was gloved, but the impact is real.  Thornton's a trained boxer.  That jack to the jaw has a lot force.  I only saw it twice, but if his Orpik's head was against the ice, that would be a huge factor.

Get this complete and total goon out of the game. 

If he had dropped his gloves at the blue line earlier, it wouldn't have been a factor.  Can you imagine our outrage if a Bruin had been on the ice and gotten cranked like that from an opposing clown? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just started watching. What the hell is going on?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep! for Bruins fans that wanted Thornton gone, he is going to be gone for awhile.

What an idiot!

[/ agree anyone that sees it different is looking for a debate on purpose 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt know where to begin JM

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]

What an idiot!

[/QUOTE]

Two of his teammates take head shots (three if you include the boarding last night). Thornton's job is to make sure that doesn't happen a fourth time. I may only be a C level senior leaguer but the team needs to be protected, pretty simple, but not idiotic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt know where to begin JM

[/QUOTE]

lol.....bullet points would do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Was it a gloved punch, thought it hit visor without much on it?  Maybe it was the compression with his head already on the ice.  Not suggesting he wasn't hurt, just didn't seem like much.

[/QUOTE]

It was gloved, but the impact is real.  Thornton's a trained boxer.  That jack to the jaw has a lot force.  I only saw it twice, but if his Orpik's head was against the ice, that would be a huge factor.

If he had dropped his gloves at the blue line earlier, it wouldn't have been a factor.  Can you imagine our outrage if a Bruin had been on the ice and gotten cranked like that from an opposing clown? 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know.  I am glad Thorton was seeking additional payment from Orpik, guess it turns out that way sometimes.  Very unfortunate.

Thornton's a code guy.  Never been suspended before (as best as I can tell).  You and others might not like him, but he is a pretty honest player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thornton sucker punches orpik while on his knees then KO's him. You can't fight someone when that person doesn't want to fight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why are the announcers blaming Thorntons actions on the refs? There is no excuse for what Thornton did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Orpik caught Ericksson with a full-on check.  Thornton tried to respond by challenging Orpik who didn't drop his gloves.  In a scrum moments later Thornton comes behind Orpik, takes his feet out from under him and punches him twice while the Pen is lying on his back.  He was stretchered off.  Big-time low-buget move.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What an idiot!

[/QUOTE]

Two of his teammates take head shots (three if you include the boarding last night). Thornton's job is to make sure that doesn't happen a fourth time. I may only be a C level senior leaguer but the team needs to be protected, pretty simple, but not idiotic.

[/QUOTE]

How is sucker punching a guy while he's down protecting his teammates?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know.  I am glad Thorton was seeking additional payment from Orpik, guess it turns out that way sometimes.  Very unfortunate.

Thornton's a code guy.  Never been suspended before (as best as I can tell).  You and others might not like him, but he is a pretty honest player.

[/QUOTE]

Like him it's dirty though 3 punches to the head while orpik is laying on ice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

As far as I'm concerned. Orpik is just as much to blame here. He knew what he did to Erikkson & he wouldn't engage when challenged. That's the code right there! So, the codes go out the window. This is where you get cheap shot for cheap shot! Good for you Thornton you can never win with these guys on here. They say you don't do your jib & when you do they still rape you! Fawk them all....especailly NAS!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

first time for everything- ST doesn't have a habit of doing this. 

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't excuse it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

That scrum does not look that bad, doesn't look like there is much power behind any of it.  Gloved punches to visor.   Pederson said the same thing. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Orpik caught Ericksson with a full-on check.  Thornton tried to respond by challenging Orpik who didn't drop his gloves.  In a scrum moments later Thornton comes behind Orpik, takes his feet out from under him and punches him twice while the Pen is lying on his back.  He was stretchered off.  Big-time low-buget move.  

[/QUOTE]

Oh boy.....Eriksson is gone again? What is it with that guy and getting crushed?

Goodbye ST......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He should have dropped his gloves and fought Orpik instead of asking for permission first.

No honest player throws two punches at the head a of defenseless opponent who is on his back on the ice. 

I agree, and am also pleased with the idea of not letting it go, but holy holy, you can't thrown/push a guy to the ice and freakin' crank him so hard he's out.  That's Chris Simon territory.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

GIF: James Neal knees Brad Marchand in the head

If Neal doesn't get suspended for this then I am going too be pissed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

That scrum does not look that bad, doesn't look like there is much power behind any of it.  Gloved punches to visor.   Pederson said the same thing. 

[/QUOTE]

I think it's the back of his head hitting the ice if I had to guess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Orpik had answered the bell... we might not be here

[/QUOTE]

Not that Brick is a genius on this but just made the exact same point. Figures that if Orpik just goes one on one with Thornton the cheapo by ST doesn't happen.

We can argue all day about the Neal hit on Marchand vs the Thornton cheap shot(s). Glad to see Orpik at least blinking his eyes there at the end. The blank stare for a good long time is usually not a good sign.

For those many Thornton haters -- your wish will come true. The 4th line will probably have a new addition for a long time.

On a hockey note -- the B's D can see the penalty time wind down on Neal. How do you let on of the leagues top scorers sneak out of the box behind you. Horrid mental mestake. 

Sections
Shortcuts