Game 29: Penguins at Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Game 29: Penguins at Bruins

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Go ack to orpiks hit on Loui, hit to the head and at least interference, the refs blew this call all the way, so much talk about retaliation and then this is what happens, ST stupid penalty then Neals intentional knee to marchands head, how do you think this team feels now,alot pssed off. I dont condone what thorton did but he didnt reclessly  swing away at orpik, this is a game that the refs lost control in the 1st 5 minutes. This has een an issue every game, about when they dont call a penalty, some lead to game winning goals and others result in a mess like this one.

This game is far from over.

Perfect Wally!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Stupid penalty...go pk!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

GIF: James Neal knees Brad Marchand in the head

If Neal doesn't get suspended for this then I am going too be pissed!

That's a cheap, cheap, dangerous shot....

Bad move by ST in the final analysis -- but he was already a powder keg ready to explode. Neal's deliberate and potentially dangerous knee on head put ST into crazy mode. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

That scrum does not look that bad, doesn't look like there is much power behind any of it.  Gloved punches to visor.   Pederson said the same thing.  

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24367956/brooks-orpik-leaves-game-on-stretcher-after-punch-from-shawn-thornton

Your right now that i've taken another look at it. Also I just saw the replay on HNIC. I still think Thornton gets a suspension though.

That reverse angle makes it look like glancing blows, although you can see a Thornton slew-foot.  I agree that Thornton gets suspended, but would also be surprised if Orpik misses any additional time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Did anyone notice if Thornton saw the knee on Marchand, and that's partly why he charged at Orpik?  I'm guessing he did, because he's not that impulsive -- like we're all saying, that's not like him.  The Marchand hit was intentional and almost a guaranteed concussion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Refs let this game get out of hand early knew this was going to happen after the non call on Loui

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

My thoughts exactly 50. Can you hear all the ST beaters on here if he didn't do ANYTHING! I hope nothing but the best for Brooks, but if your gonna be a big hitter you need to expect to answer the bell. 

[/QUOTE]

Cherry just said this on Coach's Corner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Stop it NAS. You're nothing but biased here & you know it! You're against ST no matter what, so really your point means nothing! Thornton cranking Orpik when he wouldn't fight would be just as bad...Remember Emery on Holtby? 

Drop the gloves and get in a fighting position.  Make him drop his.  If he doesn't, take your two minutes for unsportsmanlike and embarrass Orpik at the same time.

Had this been Chara, McQuaid or Bergeron, I'd say the same thing.  Knocking a guy out who is laying on the ice, 100% defenseless, is disgusting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thornton cranking Orpik when he wouldn't fight would be just as bad...Remember Emery on Holtby? 

Holtby was an innocent bystander.  Not remotely similar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Orpik might have hit Eriksson in the head as well. Principal point of contact...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Refs let this game get out of hand early knew this was going to happen after the non call on Loui

Agree

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

Orpik should have been called. Loui never touched the puck it was behind him. It's inteference. He should have manned up and fought Thornton.  Dumb penalty on Thornton. Thornton should be suspended. So should Neal. He's a dirty sneaky puss. Ref's let this game get out of hand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Orpik might have hit Eriksson in the head as well. Principal point of contact...

From that angle it definitely looks like it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

Agree.  Orpik got what he deserved.  I hope the B's keep the hitting up.

A questionable check equals getting knocked unconscious while laying defenseless on your back on the ice?  I disagree.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

go PP. Not going to win too many games scoring 1-2 goals a game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

This game has become the battle of special teams... not sure that is good for Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Looks shoulder to shoulder to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Thorton had enough of seeing Bruins laying on the ice because of Penguin head shots. We all get a little out of hand sometimes. It was ugly yes, but I'm sure Orpik will be back before Loui or Thorton will. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Looks shoulder to shoulder to me.

It is shoulder to shoulder. Head snapping back on the ice looks like the culprit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That scrum does not look that bad, doesn't look like there is much power behind any of it.  Gloved punches to visor.   Pederson said the same thing.  

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24367956/brooks-orpik-leaves-game-on-stretcher-after-punch-from-shawn-thornton

Your right now that i've taken another look at it. Also I just saw the replay on HNIC. I still think Thornton gets a suspension though.

That reverse angle makes it look like glancing blows, although you can see a Thornton slew-foot.  I agree that Thornton gets suspended, but would also be surprised if Orpik misses any additional time.

I wouldn't be suprised either and Orpik's head did not hit the ice when he went down nor when Thornton hit Orpik in the visor twice.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Marchand is getting feisty!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Way out of control now...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Marchand is getting feisty!

The Bruins need this badly.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ugh, another pk.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Thorton did what he had to do. Period. Sad, sad chapter in this rivalry, but I would have him do it again in a heart beat. 

The Refs screwed this one up by not giving a penalty to Orpik right off the bat. If they do, this doesn't happen. 

Neal should get 10 games, but he's on the NHL "poster team," so probably 1 or 2 games. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts