Game 29: Penguins at Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Game 29: Penguins at Bruins

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

Questionable is putting it mildly.  Then a refusal to man up by Orpik, and then the knee to the head by Neal.

Orpik got what he deserved, in part, because Neal kneed Marchand?

Agreed, pretty flawed logic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Fleury's made some nice saves! And Smith just helped. lol

The one on Marchand earlier was his best IMO. Moving side to side very well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Has Edwards mentioned Soderberg once tonight?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

The Orpik hit was okay in my book, but in recent years that would get call a penalty. Plain and simple. If they make that call, this or Orpik fights, it's all over. I do not condone what ST did. It is wrong. But the players don't know what is going to be called, and a guy like Thorton makes his pay check looking after the top end talent, so what is he to do. 

The NHL is to blame for this, and their stupid Instigator Penalty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Oprik went head hunting & put a player out! ST went head hunting & put him out! Game set match & you're full of it! IF this was another player who you liked you wouldn't be calling for them to be put off the Bruins forever.

One of my favorite players in the history of the NHL is Marty McSorley.  When he chopped Brashear, I called for is permanent suspension.

When did Orpik go headhunting?  Was it when he threw a shoulder to shoulder hit on Eriksson?

It wasn't shoulder to shoulder & Erikkson never had the puck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

O'Neil between periods on NHL Network when asked about the Neal knee to head hit on Marchand. "Neal an honest player -- Marchand a known agitator -- Did he do it on purpose -- who knows?"

Update on Orpik -- Awake and alert at Mass General.

Duhh yeah

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

O'Neil between periods on NHL Network when asked about the Neal knee to head hit on Marchand. "Neal an honest player -- Marchand a known agitator -- Did he do it on purpose -- who knows?"

It looked like he meant to do it.  How could he not see Marchand lying on the ice?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

No, because he's doing nothing, and the same against Montréal...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Twice that I remember. And I think he meant to say Seidenberg.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

As far as game goes Seidenberg has been a beast out there

100% redeeming himself after allowing Neal to sneak out of the penalty box behind him which allowed Pens goal. 

Marchand appears to continue to deal very low percentage passes. Agreed -- his angle and view is not as good as mine.

Smith -- tough break on the open net chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

It looked like he meant to do it.  How could he not see Marchand lying on the ice?  

No doubt Neal meant to hit Marchands head with his knee. He makes sure his knee is right in position to make contact with Marchands head. I have more of a problem with what Neal did than the hit Orpik threw.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am going to just say it, as I've seen the replay a number of times.  I do not see how/where Orpik was injured or said differently, I have never seen a player leave on a board for less contact.

The accusation that Orpik was viciously attacked by Thornton is just not supported by the video evidence.  Furthermore, there is so little contact to cause the injury:

• Orpik does not hit is head on the ice when pulled down by ST (slew-foot)
    • ST punches with glove on
    • ST's punches have little on them, a couple of short shots, more like like jabs
    • ST's punches appear to be more of the glancing variety
    • ST's punches hit Orpik in the visor, and his head does not make violent contact with the ice

Really, how hurt is Orpik?  The medical staff have to react with appropriate caution, but don't you go out on a board when there is a concern for neck/back injury, as compared to just getting KO'd?  Calling Dr. Recchi...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Another good one tonight.  Hope the B's can pull it out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

No doubt Neal meant to hit Marchands head with his knee. He makes sure his knee is right in position to make contact with Marchands head. I have more of a problem with what Neal did than the hit Orpik threw.

Same here.  Was it Crosby who tripped up Marchand that sent him to the ice? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Kelly's play has tapered off too. Had a decent 1st, but nothing much from him lately.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ignila is in my doghouse right now. I'm taking the big fat bone out of there too!

Now I hope that is a reverse-Shup hex.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I am going to just say it, as I've seen the replay a number of times.  I do not see how/where Orpik was injured or said differently, I have never seen a player leave on a board for less contact.

The accusation that Orpik was viciously attacked by Thornton is just not supported by the video evidence.  Furthermore, there is so little contact to cause the injury:

• Orpik does not hit is head on the ice when pulled down by ST (slew-foot)
    • ST punches with glove on
    • ST's punches have little on them, a couple of short shots, more like like jabs
    • ST's punches appear to be more of the glancing variety
    • ST's punches hit Orpik in the visor, and his head does not make violent contact with the ice

Really, how hurt is Orpik?  The medical staff have to react with appropriate caution, but don't you go out on a board when there is a concern for neck/back injury, as compared to just getting KO'd?  Calling Dr. Recchi...

I'll say it for you Crowls. Brooks is milking it! I think he was afraid of what kind of night he was in for & looked for a way out & to make ST look like the bad guy. Oprik got his wish! 100 bucks says he doesn't miss a game! Wait scratch that...To make it look good he'll miss the game against Columbus!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep and the internet lit up with Penguin fans saying "Marchand had time to get out of the way and then he faked getting hurt"

Ahhh the Pittsburgh denial is awesome.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Ignila is in my doghouse right now. I'm taking the big fat bone out of there too!

Now I hope that is a reverse-Shup hex.

Very nice!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Oprik went head hunting & put a player out! ST went head hunting & put him out! Game set match & you're full of it! IF this was another player who you liked you wouldn't be calling for them to be put off the Bruins forever.

One of my favorite players in the history of the NHL is Marty McSorley.  When he chopped Brashear, I called for is permanent suspension.

When did Orpik go headhunting?  Was it when he threw a shoulder to shoulder hit on Eriksson?

It would have been a good hit if Loui was actually fair game to be hit.  He wasn't, he didn't have the puck.  It was cheap and he should be suspended for it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

A second goal would be a wonderful thing (again.)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Ok I will read players minds

Orpik tries to lay out Loui with an open ice hit and missed and nailed him in the head. Then says oh F what have I done. Knows he's in deep dodo for the night.

Neeal knees Marchand in the head yes on purpose no doubt.

thornton totally frustrated should be goes after Orpik and sucker punched him why defenseless on ice. 

Verdict is in . Orpik will be out a few games No suspension.

Neal a dirt hit  yes he did it on purpose but no suspension unfortunately .

Thornton 5-10 games sorry to say. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Give Paille more icetime Julien!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Yep and the internet lit up with Penguin fans saying "Marchand had time to get out of the way and then he faked getting hurt"

Ahhh the Pittsburgh denial is awesome.

No call.  

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

A second goal would be a wonderful thing (again.)

But will it happen?

• Sections
    Shortcuts