Game 29: Penguins at Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Game 29: Penguins at Bruins

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I don't know.  I am glad Thorton was seeking additional payment from Orpik, guess it turns out that way sometimes.  Very unfortunate.

Thornton's a code guy.  Never been suspended before (as best as I can tell).  You and others might not like him, but he is a pretty honest player.

He should have dropped his gloves and fought Orpik instead of asking for permission first.

No honest player throws two punches at the head a of defenseless opponent who is on his back on the ice. 

I agree, and am also pleased with the idea of not letting it go, but holy holy, you can't thrown/push a guy to the ice and freakin' crank him so hard he's out.  That's Chris Simon territory.

it's called assault 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

My guess is that Neal won't get suspended (wrong call) and Thornton will get 5 games (right call.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

As far as I'm concerned. Orpik is just as much to blame here. He knew what he did to Erikkson & he wouldn't engage when challenged. That's the code right there! So, the codes go out the window. This is where you get cheap shot for cheap shot! Good for you Thornton you can never win with these guys on here. They say you don't do your jib & when you do they still rape you! Fawk them all....especailly NAS!!

You would be heard on the moon if that was a Bruin player on his back getting knocked out by punches to the head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

As far as I'm concerned. Orpik is just as much to blame here. He knew what he did to Erikkson & he wouldn't engage when challenged. That's the code right there! So, the codes go out the window. This is where you get cheap shot for cheap shot! Good for you Thornton you can never win with these guys on here. They say you don't do your jib & when you do they still rape you! Fawk them all....especailly NAS!!

Agree.  Orpik got what he deserved.  I hope the B's keep the hitting up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

That scrum does not look that bad, doesn't look like there is much power behind any of it.  Gloved punches to visor.   Pederson said the same thing. 

I think it's the back of his head hitting the ice if I had to guess.

Agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't know.  I am glad Thorton was seeking additional payment from Orpik, guess it turns out that way sometimes.  Very unfortunate.

Thornton's a code guy.  Never been suspended before (as best as I can tell).  You and others might not like him, but he is a pretty honest player.

He should have dropped his gloves and fought Orpik instead of asking for permission first.

No honest player throws two punches at the head a of defenseless opponent who is on his back on the ice. 

I agree, and am also pleased with the idea of not letting it go, but holy holy, you can't thrown/push a guy to the ice and freakin' crank him so hard he's out.  That's Chris Simon territory.

Stop it NAS. You're nothing but biased here & you know it! You're against ST no matter what, so really your point means nothing! Thornton cranking Orpik when he wouldn't fight would be just as bad...Remember Emery on Holtby? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

If Neal doesn't get suspended for this then I am going too be pissed!

Thanks dog. didnt get to see it yet until now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Again, I don't know.  Gloves stay on.  Agree that it is a bit of a jump, but still doesn't look that bad to me.  If Orpik pops back up, what is that, 2 minutes for roughing?  The match is because he goes out on a board as compared to the viciousness of the attack.

The Neal play looks a heck of alot more dangerous to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I give him him credit for going after Orpik. But drop the gloves and and ragdoll him by the jersey if Orpik doesnt drop his. Orpik threw a check, thats a hockey play. Punching down on guy while he's on his back so his head slams off the ice is not a hockey play. I'm all for codes, but keep it hockey related.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

That scrum does not look that bad, doesn't look like there is much power behind any of it.  Gloved punches to visor.   Pederson said the same thing. 

Glass jaw

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

You would be heard on the moon if that was a Bruin player on his back getting knocked out by punches to the head.

No you wouldn't because no Bruin would skate away from that kind of confrontation. Especailly if it was a physical hit on a James Neal type, which is what an Erikkson is to the Bruins.!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

GIF: James Neal knees Brad Marchand in the head

If Neal doesn't get suspended for this then I am going too be pissed!

That's a cheap, cheap, dangerous shot....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Your right Nite, no matter what ST does he can't win. I don't agree with the end result and Thornton will feel Shanny's wrath and rightly so, but Orpik has to take some blame here. Hope he is ok.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

My guess is that Neal won't get suspended (wrong call) and Thornton will get 5 games (right call.)

The ref didn't see it that way . ST sucker punches were seen by everyone . My eyes saw something different then you that's all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I give him him credit for going after Orpik. But drop the gloves and and ragdoll him by the jersey if Orpik doesnt drop his. Orpik threw a check, thats a hockey play. Punching down on guy while he's on his back so his head slams off the ice is not a hockey play. I'm all for codes, but keep it hockey related.

Well said. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Was it a gloved punch, thought it hit visor without much on it?  Maybe it was the compression with his head already on the ice.  Not suggesting he wasn't hurt, just didn't seem like much.

It was gloved, but the impact is real.  Thornton's a trained boxer.  That jack to the jaw has a lot force.  I only saw it twice, but if his Orpik's head was against the ice, that would be a huge factor.

Get this complete and total goon out of the game. 

If he had dropped his gloves at the blue line earlier, it wouldn't have been a factor.  Can you imagine our outrage if a Bruin had been on the ice and gotten cranked like that from an opposing clown? 

I agree Thirnton is an idiot but Prpik wouldn't drop them before. Would have beenworse than 2 mins earlier if he dropped them

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24367956/brooks-orpik-leaves-game-on-stretcher-after-punch-from-shawn-thornton

Your right now that i've taken another look at it. Also I just saw the replay on HNIC. I still think Thornton gets a suspension though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Go back to orpiks hit on Loui, hit to the head and at least interference, the refs blew this call all the way, so much talk about retaliation and then this is what happens, ST stupid penalty then Neals intentional knee to marchands head, how do you think this team feels now,alot pssed off. I dont condone what thorton did but he didnt reclessly  swing away at orpik, this is a game that the refs lost control in the 1st 5 minutes. This has een an issue every game, about when they dont call a penalty, some lead to game winning goals and others result in a mess like this one.

This game is far from over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Well said. 

I second this

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Your right Nite, no matter what ST does he can't win. I don't agree with the end result and Thornton will feel Shanny's wrath and rightly so, but Orpik has to take some blame here. Hope he is ok.

My thoughts exactly 50. Can you hear all the ST beaters on here if he didn't do ANYTHING! I hope nothing but the best for Brooks, but if your gonna be a big hitter you need to expect to answer the bell. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Checking Twitter for updates... a second concussion for Eriksson would be bad bad news (hope Orpik is all right too.)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

Agree.  Orpik got what he deserved.  I hope the B's keep the hitting up.

I'm with you guys  the Zebras don't duel out the punishemet,than take it into your own hands

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I guess that's the only way he can win a fight these days sucker punch the man . Look I like ST he's wrong. When Scott knocked him cold. I wanted the bruins to have his back. So I defended him a lot in this case not so much.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think it's the back of his head hitting the ice if I had to guess.

Orpik's head did not hit the ice at all. Crowles is also right about the punches (if you want too call it that) hit the visor.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Marchand going to play stupid now. He's frustrated but still.

• Sections
    Shortcuts