Game 3: Avalanche vs. Bruins (10/10/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Game 3: Avalanche vs. Bruins (10/10/13)

Nate had a bad shoulder last year and it was a short season.  So imo, that's not a good comparison.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Nate had a bad shoulder last year and it was a short season.  So imo, that's not a good comparison.

Horton had a really good playoff with the same shoulder, despite the short season, so imo. that's not a good argument.

We can make all kinds of assesments, and about a lot of things, we can make some great points.  Chemistry is about as far down the list as it goes, because it refects those things we know the least about.  What we do know, is that Iginla has had a pretty good amount of "chances", which means he's reading his linemates well.  That's partially chemistry(and partly playing his position like he's told to play it).  I'm merely suggesting Iginla is showing "more" moxy than I anticipated.  His final days in Calgary and the stint in Pittsburgh were underwhelming.  At 36, that can be a sign that disinterest is creeping in.  That's what usually starts the decline more than anything physical.

It's an incredibly small sample size, but Iginla seems like he's got something to prove this year.  I will be shocked if he's not around Hortons best numbers in Boston(if he stays healthy) and plays virtually all the games.  That can be aided by good chemistry, or in spite of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

The fans can help win this one, seriously.

If the "Roo-wa" chant starts early and for nothing, Patrick will lose it faster than he normally would.

I would so love to see Roy injure himself when he tries to break something.

Hopefully the fans can get to Roy.  Nothing I'd like to see better than that former Hab to get his team spanked 14 nothing.

Do you really think that matters?

Kels, I actually thought it would.  I thought Roy was so unstable that it would only take a feather to knock him off kilter and go nuts and start throwing sticks and water bottles onto the ice.  I was totally wrong.  Looks like he's the real deal as an NHL coach.  I thought it was a publicity stunt by the Avs to get some fannies in the seats.

Sure looks like the real deal to me now.

Sections
Shortcuts