Game 3: Bruins v Leafs (06/05/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Game 3: Bruins v Leafs (06/05/13)

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to nrguy's comment:

Nah, sucker punching a guy and causing him to lose consciousness is probably worse. Boston fans can't really talk about class.

http://globalnews.ca/news/539396/leafs-fan-recovering-after-being-assaulted-at-boston-bruins-game/

I'll wait to hear the whole story before judging.  It's not really Bruins fan's style to attack someone without being provoked. Without knowing what, if anything, was said, I'll hold back.  Considering the class of the Leaf fan tonight, the dude that got knocked out may have even said something about the bombing.

If I were at the game and someone was running his mouth about the city...fine.  If he threw in something about the bombing, I really wouldn't care about size or whether or not he was looking at me.  I'd hit him in the face/head as hard as I possibly could.

For someone that was going to wait until they hear the whole story, you seem to be lumping all Leaf fans together. And as we have seen, fans of the same team can be polar opposites of the spectrum - good and not so good.

I did some research and came up with this:

"The same fan that was witnessed saying more bruins fans should have died in the bombing."

Whether or not this is true, I have no idea.  If it is, that fool is lucky he only got knocked out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"The same fan that was witnessed saying more bruins fans should have died in the bombing."

Whether or not this is true, I have no idea.  If it is, that fool is lucky he only got knocked out.

If this is factual I can only wonder what on earth would possess this guy to say something like that considering where he was at the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Nah, sucker punching a guy and causing him to lose consciousness is probably worse. Boston fans can't really talk about class.

http://globalnews.ca/news/539396/leafs-fan-recovering-after-being-assaulted-at-boston-bruins-game/

I'll wait to hear the whole story before judging.  It's not really Bruins fan's style to attack someone without being provoked. Without knowing what, if anything, was said, I'll hold back.  Considering the class of the Leaf fan tonight, the dude that got knocked out may have even said something about the bombing.

If I were at the game and someone was running his mouth about the city...fine.  If he threw in something about the bombing, I really wouldn't care about size or whether or not he was looking at me.  I'd hit him in the face/head as hard as I possibly could.

For someone that was going to wait until they hear the whole story, you seem to be lumping all Leaf fans together. And as we have seen, fans of the same team can be polar opposites of the spectrum - good and not so good.

Interesting. Where did you get this information? Is it credible?

You are usually not one to pass along info without providing a link.

Not being a dick head, just asking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

one punch, hurts one guy (for a little while)... that sign hurts many.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It is just something I read, which is why I said I have no idea if it's true.

I think it's very interesting that the friend who was there hasn't made a comment.

From PuckDaddy:

Obviously Kyle does not remember being knocked out, so he needed his friends to fill him in. Bryan helps there. “Our buddy Patrick was the only one to see what actually happened and was with him the entire time afterwards. You can see him in the video. We came down the same stairs about two minutes later and that's when we realized what had happened."

--

Yet, nothing at all from Patrick has made the press and this hasn't been a huge blow up story.  I'm going to guess both sides want it to go away quickly.

AGAIN:  GUESS.  No proof.  No nothing.  Just a guess.

I've been to hundreds of Bruins games in Boston.  I've never seen an opposing fan get cranked for absolutely no reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Precisely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Wrong.  One punch can kill.  lets put it this way.  One is a criminal offense.  One isnt.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Wrong.  One punch can kill.  lets put it this way.  One is a criminal offense.  One isnt.  

nrguy said the punch was probably worse... are you f-ing kidding me?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

nrguy said the punch was probably worse... are f-ing kidding me?

Then a sign?   Id agree.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Boston is strong for a reason.  If two f'ing bombs cant bring that city down i dont think one sign held by a moron is gonna bring it down.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This was going around in game1 that the Leaf fan mouthed off that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

This was going around in game1 that the Leaf fan mouthed off that.

Years ago you never would have heard this sort of crass crap at a hockey game let alone in polite society. Just shows how much people's standards have dropped. But again, it was just one guy. Not everyone in Toronto thinks like that. Or even two.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Not tonight, blue 'n white.

Hey! You're a poet and didn't know it!

31 is cute

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Is that sign going to change your life? A severe concussion and staples in the back of your head will. I'm not saying the sign wasn't classless but saying that Bs fans have shown an overwhelming lack of class in playoffs. Remember Vancouver fans getting urinated on? 

The guy with the sign was trying to be funny. The guy that knocked the Toronto fan out intended to hurt him. 

If NAS is right and he was mocking the tragedy, sure he deserved to get knocked out. I just don't see why anyone would be that stupid to say something like that. I've read three stories on it and haven't seen any witness say that he was mocking the tragedy.

Does that sign really hurt you? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Is that sign going to change your life? A severe concussion and staples in the back of your head will. I'm not saying the sign wasn't classless but saying that Bs fans have shown an overwhelming lack of class in playoffs. Remember Vancouver fans getting urinated on? 

The guy with the sign was trying to be funny. The guy that knocked the Toronto fan out intended to hurt him. 

If NAS is right and he was mocking the tragedy, sure he deserved to get knocked out. I just don't see why anyone would be that stupid to say something like that. I've read three stories on it and haven't seen any witness say that he was mocking the tragedy.

Does that sign really hurt you? 

In the 1996 play-offs. T-Bay vs Philly there was a T-Bay fan right behind the Philly net that held a sign up. It said "Hey Hextall buy a Porshe!" Flyers GM Bob Clark had the sign & the guy removed. For those that may not know the relevence. Clark was also GM in the summer of 1985 when All- Star goalie Pele Lindberg was killed from high speed driving his Porshe. There's idiots everywhere.