Game 3 Thread: Bruins v.Habs GDT (Series tied 1-1)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: Game 3 Thread: Bruins v.Habs GDT (Series tied 1-1)

As Doc said to his Celtics players in the 2008 Finals; if you want it you have to go get it. It's going to come down to who wants it more. It really is that simple. While a 3-1 deficit would not be an insurmountable lead for the Canadiens especially given the way teams are winning 3 or 4 in a row in this years playoffs, I would feel much better if the Bruins can pull out a win in game 4 which I think they can.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe Rask not the problem but if the Bruins will win this series he must steal a game in Montreal. If it's not the next it'll have to be game6.  Game 5 the Bruins will win not matter the outcome in game4.

The Bruins played tentative, soft maybe scared to get in penalty trouble,  they can't do that.  They're not playing their game.

Weiss scored a goal !! that's just sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very frustrating that the few chances the Habs got were excellent.

Very frustrating the Bruins were controlling the puck for so much time and got such great chances that didn't go in.

I don't see how the Habs have won the 2 games they have, I can't imagine them winning this series.
     [/QUOTE]

Keep telling yourself that.  I told you the Habs were no push overs. They create those chances with their speed.

Now we know they can score 5 on 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe Rask not the problem but if the Bruins will win this series he must steal a game in Montreal. If it's not the next it'll have to be game6.  Game 5 the Bruins will win not matter the outcome in game4.

The Bruins played tentative, soft maybe scared to get in penalty trouble,  they can't do that.  They're not playing their game.

[/QUOTE]

he scores and then he taunts the Boston bench... Why didm't someone pound him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats the way i saw it too BsL,the B's have to play their game and take their chances,play hard and hit hard,if they take penalties then so be it,kill them off and keep at it.Playing tentative is playing right into Montreal's hands.I'm hoping that clean but hard check by Moen on a unsuspecting Iginla woke everyone up,the Scabs are playing for keeps and if the Bruins don't match it and turn it up a notch it will be a long summer.I still say the B's are the better team,but they have to show it,they can't just show up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I know 50below.  I just finished watching the game and the Bruins started playing more aggressive in the 3rd but they need to be like that in the 1st and the 2nd to wear them down, slow down their speed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats the way i saw it too BsL,the B's have to play their game and take their chances,play hard and hit hard,if they take penalties then so be it,kill them off and keep at it.Playing tentative is playing right into Montreal's hands.I'm hoping that clean but hard check by Moen on a unsuspecting Iginla woke everyone up,the Scabs are playing for keeps and if the Bruins don't match it and turn it up a notch it will be a long summer.I still say the B's are the better team,but they have to show it,they can't just show up. 

[/QUOTE]

I cant imagine Moen trucking Iggy like that went unnoticed.  That was a viscious hit with intent.  Right now Montreal is executing their game plan to a tee.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeanE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Imagine if tuukka actually made just 1 big save in this game.

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

[/QUOTE]

Or better yet, let's imagine they just let the B's cover the whole net with plywood. He's the best goalie on the planet. He's far from the reason the B's are down in the series. Which goals were his fault tonight?

[/QUOTE]

That's like saying it's perfectly OK for the goalie to clear the net when the other team gets a breakaway.  Why keep the goalie there?   Sure, it's the D handing him a 50/50 shot at stopping it, but even if he made 1 stop it might have helped…oh well.  Mind you, I am NOT blaming this one on Rask.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Pretty simple: whatever they did in Games 1, 2, and 3, they must NOT do in Game 4.  Get the early lead, clamp down, and simplify.  

The Habs have found that opportunistic, chickens#$t-style hockey is stymieing the Bs.   10 regulation GA in 3 games is NOT a Bs box score.  

JMW is right about winning the board battles and cycling down low.  Habs are picking up on the D-man up top.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

That's like saying it's perfectly OK for the goalie to clear the net when the other team gets a breakaway.  Why keep the goalie there?   Sure, it's the D handing him a 50/50 shot at stopping it, but even if he made 1 stop it might have helped…oh well.  Mind you, I am NOT blaming this one on Rask.

[/QUOTE]

No it isn't okay that the defense was compromised and gashed for those two breakaways, but Rask has to give a better effort on those.

The first goal with Subban coming out of the box, he needed to guard the nearside post all the way and force Subban to shoot it at him or go back hand. If Subban is able to go backhand and elevate the puck over Tuukka's pad, then so be it. But instead Tuukka bites like a brook trout going after a nightcrawler at the tiniest fake and opens up an easy forehand goal for Subban. 

The second goal with Weise is bad because...it was Weise. He looked nervous, he never got into position, and Weise made it look easy. He should have come out to challenge the shot and cut off the shooting angles. Instead, he had jittery feet and opened his five-hole wide enough for a truck to drive through. 

The defense does need to do a better job of minimizing those opportunities, but Rask needs to do better as well. He has a history of struggles against Montreal so lets not put him above reproach here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

To me, the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of those who should be putting the puck in the net. Can't blame Tuukka for any of the 3 goals.  

This is becoming the "Series of Squandered Opportunities", but they can break out of it at any time. Tomorrow would be a good time to do so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

The Bruins Young D got a taste of the Playoff Montreal fourm and they got outplayed and out positioned. Miller, Hamilton got caught up ice and out of zone. Mez played poor D tonight. We did not play our game. Montreal played thier best game and made us look bad, out of synce for the most part.

Now we go back to the drawing board and fix this. Maybe we put Bart back in but you will see a much better response next game. NO MORE. CJ will right the ship on the back end and its time Krecji and Iggy start connecting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me, the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of those who should be putting the puck in the net. Can't blame Tuukka for any of the 3 goals.  

This is becoming the "Series of Squandered Opportunities", but they can break out of it at any time. Tomorrow would be a good time to do so.

[/QUOTE]

Really? You can't blame him for letting the Montreal version of Shawn Thornton shooting it directly between his legs?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

B'S fail to show up for puck drop and Tuukka gets deked out of jockstrap and fails to provide spark needed.... game over....

CJ will right the ship....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bottom line Rask has to steal a game ! You don't want to blame a goalie on breakaways but he needs to bail his team out .  Like he did in game 2 at 3-1.  It's that simple !  Price has done it, stopping 2-3 breakaways all in game1 , that's bailing your team and stealing a game. 

Rask hasn't been all that bad but he hasn't been outstanding and if the Bruins are to win 1 game in Montreal he will have to be the best player on the ice !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and what's with everyone blaming Krejci ?  when was he a 50 goal scorer ?  how about we look at his perimeter linemates.  I'm a strong believer that line goes as Lucic goes.  He needs to be more involved and then you'll see what  Krejci can do in open space.  Iginla will get his chances. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    No, it was a good shot that beat him clean through the five hole.  At this level, every player in the league can shoot the puck.  If you want to see players who can't shoot the puck, go watch some youth games, or even some HS games.  

Really? You can't blame him for letting the Montreal version of Shawn Thornton shooting it directly between his legs?

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:[QUOTE] he scores and then he taunts the Boston bench... Why didm't someone pound him. [/QUOTE]

Typical Bruin fan mentality, put the team on the pk because of childish behavior.

Great idea!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Bottom line Rask has to steal a game ! You don't want to blame a goalie on breakaways but he needs to bail his team out .  Like he did in game 2 at 3-1.  It's that simple !  Price has done it, stopping 2-3 breakaways all in game1 , that's bailing your team and stealing a game. 

Rask hasn't been all that bad but he hasn't been outstanding and if the Bruins are to win 1 game in Montreal he will have to be the best player on the ice !

[/QUOTE]

This is how i've seen Tuukka's play as well,he can't be blamed directly for the losses as he has played good,but not great.When i say great,i mean when he's in the zone and he just dare's the shooter to score.While having two clear cut breakaways is not acceptable,it happens and if Tuukka was in the zone he would have stopped 1 of them at least.For the B's to win this series as it seems to be playing out,as Bsl said,Tuukka will have to be outstanding as good will not cut it. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mtl are qucker and their forwsrds can shoot.  Loui seems out of breath .

we need a high flying rw who can score 

I said it before I'll say it again ig not a first line rw

[/QUOTE]

30 goals is not a first line RW?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Carey Price has let in 9 goals and Tuukka Rask has let in 10 goals this series. Yah Price is waaay outdueling Rask in this series.

Quick get on the phone to Tubby Timmy and get him back from Belarus.

Holy Jezuz Christo!

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

25. This post has been removed.