Game 31: Flames v. Bruins (12/10/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game 31: Flames v. Bruins (12/10/13)

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

The officiating hasn't been so great this year so far,so yeah. Combine the cheapshots we've seen on our players the last week, sometimes with no calls at all and it makes you wonder.

[/QUOTE]

True. As an example I'm thinking of that literal tap to the arm from Kelly on Briere that drew 2 minutes in Montreal last week.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Cuthbert just said the Bruins have the fewest PP chances in the league.  What factors cause that stat?  Is it due to the play of the Bruins not drawing penalties? What role does the other team play in it with regards to how they play the Bruins?

Julien's Bruins are almost always near the bottom of the League in PP chances.  I think part of it is how deliberate they work their breakouts.  They almost never attack with a lot of speed, and that is behind a lot of penalties.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Calgary and Edmonton always have the best ice. Both teams are flying and the puck isn't jumping.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Flu bug really showing -- Thanks to Rask -- hanging in there. His play should spark the team against all the odds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Cuthbert just said the Bruins have the fewest PP chances in the league.  What factors cause that stat?  Is it due to the play of the Bruins not drawing penalties? What role does the other team play in it with regards to how they play the Bruins?

Julien's Bruins are almost always near the bottom of the League in PP chances.  I think part of it is how deliberate they work their breakouts.  They almost never attack with a lot of speed, and that is behind a lot of penalties.

So their style doesn't put them in positions to draw the penalty.  Cheers, DrCC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Lucic looks good... moving his feet well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Chara looking ill -- Slap shot only clocked at 99 mph.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Gord "the charitable thing before the game" Meh KluelessZak time to check on another game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

So their style doesn't put them in positions to draw the penalty.  Cheers, DrCC.

It doesn't help, at least.  I just took a look at the numbers.  Bruins at 82, middle of the league at 105, then SJ at the top with 125.  That's a big spread for just 30 games.  Close to a PP a game to get to the middle of the league.  I doubt it can be explained with only one factor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Man, I was hoping Jamie was going to start her interview, "I'm here with Nick 'sweet hands' Johnson, just up from Providence". Oh well...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Calgary and Edmonton always have the best ice. Both teams are flying and the puck isn't jumping.

That's not really news.   JUst saying. The colder it is the longer with no other activity in the building, the easier it is to maintain the quality of the ice.

Your knowledge is incredible. Thrill me with more Bill Brady Kraft Jr.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

prediction for the game BRUINS 3.  Flames 0 ....and guess who will score ...Iginla , Fraser and Fat

so far so good...Iginla looks good so Fraser and Fat ...

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bruins missing too many chances I dont like that 

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rask gives up a softy

Bad goal....dam it, knew it when u miss so many chances ...yurk my prediction is scrapped

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

just turned the game on and the Flames are up 1-0. Only the 4rth time they've scored first all season....what the hell?

Come on CJ give more ice time to your 3rd line they will turn things around...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's not really news.   JUst saying. The colder it is the longer with no other activity in the building, the easier it is to maintain the quality of the ice.

Your knowledge is incredible. Thrill me with more Bill Brady Kraft Jr.

Well, then, why did you say it? 

• To show how much I like watching NHL games, over the years, in Edmonton and Calgary. Considering that it took over an hour for everyone on here to explain what "delay of game" is, you probably shouldn't call anyone defensive.

Try to enjoy the game without questioning every comment you don't understand.

Great save Rask!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Great save by Rask off Cammie.

Bruins look ugly tonight ...

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Bruins look ugly tonight ...

But all your favorite players are on the ice Stan...

• Sections
    Shortcuts