Game 32: Canadiens at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 32: Canadiens at Bruins GDT

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/game_32_canadie.html

"Records: Canadiens 20-7-5, Bruins 21-7-3

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Daniel Paille-Rich Peverley-Jordan Caron
    Jay Pandolfo-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dougie Hamilton
    Matt Bartkowski-Dennis Seidenberg
    Aaron Johnson-Andrew Ference

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratch(s): Lane MacDermit, Bookboy: too short of a Dman to play in this game...and he went to college, Kelv33: let in a couple of stinkers cause he was cheating off the far post, Fletch too busy doing an exclusive Colorado news report "Finding Yetiberg and Tim Thomas in the wild".

Storylines: The Bruins could take over first place in the Northeast Division. Both clubs have 45 points … The Bruins went back to their usual lines late in Monday’s game. For now, we’ll assume Milan Lucic is back with David Krejci and Nathan Horton … The Bruins should have fresher legs. The Canadiens are coming off a 1-0 road loss to Pittsburgh last night … Carey Price was in goal against the Penguins. The Bruins could see Peter Budaj for the second time this season tonightBrandon Prust (shoulder) will not play … Greg Kimmerly and Chris Rooney will be the referees. Tony Sericolo and Peter Morin will be the linesmen."

First place and it's Montreal don't really need to go into much more. Oh I heard on a radio show in Nova Scotia that Khudobin is going to start...

One more thing....Yay Pandolpho!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Game 32: Canadiens at Bruins GDT

Fluto tweet says Paille with Bergeron/Seguin and Marchand with Peverley/Caron at morning skate.

Odd.

Also: this will be a long day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Fluto tweet says Paille with Bergeron/Seguin and Marchand with Peverley/Caron at morning skate.

Odd.

I liked Pev between Lucic and Caron.They even had some offensive success. Not sure why CJ scrapped them in the 3rd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I liked Pev between Lucic and Caron.They even had some offensive success. Not sure why CJ scrapped them in the 3rd.

yes I know.  I could see Marcahnd sparking those 2, let's see what happens. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Odd.

@NHLBruins

"Tuukka off first at morning skate, as Anton stays on for more shots... With Boychuk skating, 7 defensemen on, along with 13 forwards and both goalies.

Line rushes this morning: Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Paille-Bergeron-Seguin, Marchand-Peverley-Caron, Pandolfo-Campbell-Thornton.^CS"

Caryn Switaj has more info but is newer on the Bruins beat. I say Julien will switch it up again during the game if the Bruins offense starts slow again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I haven't seen any posts/tweets yet on who MTL will start in net, so it could be the Battle of the Backups. Budaj played against Boston last time; Price played last night in PIT, so it wouldn't surprise me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was impressed with Budaj's performance last game in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Hoping for the best tonight whatever the line combos. Either way -- even in the loss to the Pens last night -- This newly renovated Habs team is quick and really looking good. B's need a 60+ minute effort and a few good bounces. Also need to find the open spaces at the net. Way too many shots are either way wide or bullseye on the goalie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Price is in goal tonight for Montreal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Price is in goal tonight for Montreal.

Suprising considering Price has played so much, and Budaj was pretty good last time the Habs were in here. I could be wrong, but wasnt that  Budajs last game? Anyways, good have you back Kennedy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I was impressed with Budaj's performance last game in Boston.

goalies have been leaving that impression alot lately, that is, after having played the b's....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Suprising considering Price has played so much, and Budaj was pretty good last time the Habs were in here. I could be wrong, but wasnt that  Budajs last game? Anyways, good have you back Kennedy.

Thanks!. And I'm surprised as well. Price was very good last night, but Budaj's been solid as well and did well against the B's. I mean, if Price can match last night's performance, awesome....but I did expect Budaj to start tonight. Guess that's why I don't coach! Oh well...we'll see tonight if fatigue is a factor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I just hope the refs won't be too involved tonight.  I went to see an end to end game where it's like watching tennis like in the good old days.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

yes the "make them look like Dryden" effect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

yes the "make them look like Dryden" effect.

This happens DaysOfOrr when it makes you happy to shoot into an emblem. I believe Holtby got a a contract extension this way. Hey Bruins forwards are always there to help...the other team sometimes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Soo....Krug, Bartman, AJ, and 19 year old Hamilton on the backend tonight.

Uh oh....I feel for you tonight Tuuka.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whatever Providence beat the Bruins this year LoL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hahaha......you may be on to something.

Rask is starting isn't he?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

It was reported earlier that he was not....but maybe with the defensive corps being on the thin side tonight, that has changed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

It was reported earlier that he was not....but maybe with the defensive corps being on the thin side tonight, that has changed.

He was first off the ice this morning so he's the speculated starter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good....could potentially get ugly tonight with what is on the back end.

Rask will need to steal one...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Soo....Krug, Bartman, AJ, and 19 year old Hamilton on the backend tonight.

Uh oh....I feel for you tonight Tuuka.

Glad we have so much depth on the backend.  Anyone still think we can go deep with johnson as 7 dman.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Glad we have so much depth on the backend.  Anyone still think we can go deep with johnson as 7 dman.  

Same thing last season too. PC attempted to address it with Zanon and Motteau at the deadline....no dice with those stiffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Its good chara and seidz can rest a bit down the stretch.  Like tonight.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Its good chara and seidz can rest a bit down the stretch.  Like tonight.  

Yep, rather than, say, be in the position of having to play over half the game against a division rival mid-season? lol