Game 32: Canadiens at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Game 32: Canadiens at Bruins GDT

In response to birbobruins' comment:

What a game!

Habs now 448-337-103  lifetime against Bruins!

out of those 448 there were a lot of good Hab wins, tonight was not, just lucky.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:

Regardless of the outcome tonight, up 4-2 and 5-3, we should NOT even be in this position!!!

Come on, Dav.  It's been a heck of a fun game!

I am not getting into the conspiracy discussion but I cannot understand how Montreal gets calls for, and no-so-many against. There were quite a few penalty worthy plays not called on the Habs and some chinzy ones called against the B's in the third.

And after watching the 'PP' in the OT not capitalizing, and the lack of urgency/originality of our shooters in the shootout(skate,skate, one deke, shoot into the body), I had little fun watching the way this one ended.

Tuukka was pi$$ed too - probably at the inability of the shooters...

Anyway, not the end of the world I suppose. One point back with a game at hand.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Regardless of the outcome tonight, up 4-2 and 5-3, we should NOT even be in this position!!!

Come on, Dav.  It's been a heck of a fun game!

I am not getting into the conspiracy discussion but I cannot understand how Montreal gets calls for, and no-so-many against. There were quite a few penalty worthy plays not called on the Habs and some chinzy ones called against the B's in the third.

And after watching the 'PP' in the OT not capitalizing, and the lack of urgency/originality of our shooters in the shootout(skate,skate, one deke, shoot into the body), I had little fun watching the way this one ended.

The pp in ot was a freakn joke, were they running out the clock. When the bruins get back to playing a full game they should be ok.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

OUCH -- Can whine about puck luck but what makes this one tough is:

1) B's the home team

2) Habs coming off big game w Pens last night

3) Bruins rested.

4) Ryder gets 2 goals -- should have had 4

5) Difference maker -- Budaj -- You can't be serious. This guy was the most inept goalie in the league when he was with the Avs. Makes 15 saves in 3rd + OT then 6 more in shootout.

Enough typing -- need to clean the vomit off my keyboard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

Bummer.  I choose to think of this as a tie between two teams that played their butts off.

These two days will seem like an eternity.

Me too Dr. It hurts a bit but it happens. The Habs had a similar comeback win late in 2011 and fans were jumping ship. Tonight's game is easy for me to laugh off.

Agreed dez.  The Bruins performed more like we hoped for the longest while.  The offence, hitting and skating was back.  Certainly more consistent than in some of their recent games.  They just couldn't quite put the Habs on lockdown when they were ahead. 

As Shupe pointed out, they were dressing 8-9 guys on D tonight. There was bound to be a few hiccups. They still played their best period of the year in the 2nd and I certainly didn't see a Habs team that looked like they can handle the Bruins in a 7 game series. Those are the games that are really important.

True dat.  One thing Maguire said that I actually agreed with was it would be a mistake for Montreal to try and make the game a street fight with any rough stuff because "there are too many hammers in the Boston line-up."  I'd like to think should they meet post-season that his view would be accurate. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

What a game!

out of those 448 there were a lot of good Hab wins, tonight was not, just lucky.

Plus I have no doubt a good chunk of those wins were back in the six team league days during periods when the Habs ruled the roost.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What a game!

Habs look like they might possibly win within the next 20 years. Keep your chin up. You guys will turn things around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Given the way this game started... any one of you would be thankful for the point I think

Not true BFinNJ...once the score is 2-2, then 4-2 it should have been game over.

All we needed to do was keep the sticks down, keep our noses clean, forecheck, backcheck and continue to play the same way we were. Some iffy calls, iffy non-calls, lucky bounces(pro Mtl) and unlucky bounces(con Bruins) turned this 'good' win into a disappointing SO loss.

As I said earlier, 1pt back and a game at hand is not too bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Agreed dez.  The Bruins performed more like we hoped for the longest while.  The offence, hitting and skating was back.  Certainly more consistent than in some of their recent games.  They just couldn't quite put the Habs on lockdown when they were ahead. 

As Shupe pointed out, they were dressing 8-9 guys on D tonight. There was bound to be a few hiccups. They still played their best period of the year in the 2nd and I certainly didn't see a Habs team that looked like they can handle the Bruins in a 7 game series. Those are the games that are really important.

True dat.  One thing Maguire said that I actually agreed with was it would be a mistake for Montreal to try and make the game a street fight with any rough stuff because "there are too many hammers in the Boston line-up."  I'd like to think should they meet post-season that his view would be accurate. 

Playoff series is a different animal. Remember how many times the Bruins looked beaten in 2011? That 4th game of a series is the toughest to win. I'll tip my hat to the Habs if they can win 4 out of 7 against us. That sure beats the bridge jumping that SoxFan seems to be prepping for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Given the way this game started... any one of you would be thankful for the point I think

Not true BFinNJ...once the score is 2-2, then 4-2 it should have been game over.

All we needed to do was keep the sticks down, keep our noses clean, forecheck, backcheck and continue to play the same way we were. Some iffy calls, iffy non-calls, lucky bounces(pro Mtl) and unlucky bounces(con Bruins) turned this 'good' win into a disappointing SO loss.

One point back and a game in hand is not too bad? Maybe if we played last night, were on the road, and came back from 2 goals down in the third it would'ne be too bad, but this was brutal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Aonther loss due to lof.

Due to what now?

lof=lack of finish

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good post, I feel your pain.  Great game, shiitty result.  The Chara penalty was a 7ft man shoving a 6ft man and of course it'll be high.

Delay of game if just a dumb NHL rule, they should change it that;s only delay of game if the puck is on te ice and a D clears it over the glass. I hear the Hab fans " ah too bad it's a penalty "

What bugged me on the PP was Chara (among others) getting the puck and just standing there! Look at Subban and Markov , the puck is off their sticks in a blink of the eye.  Move the puck faster !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

One point back and a game in hand is not too bad? Maybe if we played last night, were on the road, and came back from 2 goals down in the third it would'ne be too bad, but this was brutal.

Not happy about the way this one ended either, just trying to draw some positives.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Et voilà !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

Et voilà !!

The wolf in sheep skin has arrived

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Playoff series is a different animal. Remember how many times the Bruins looked beaten in 2011? That 4th game of a series is the toughest to win. I'll tip my hat to the Habs if they can win 4 out of 7 against us. That sure beats the bridge jumping that SoxFan seems to be prepping for.

I think over the course of those games the Bruins, as inconsistent as they have been with their skating and hitting would wear them into submission.  If not, the better team in that series won. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think over the course of those games the Bruins, as inconsistent as they have been with their skating and hitting would wear them into submission.  If not, the better team in that series won. 

That's my take on it too RHO. People make too much out of regular season games sometimes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Et voilà !!

I have said nothing bad

nice game

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

RidingWithTheKing, welcome back.  That discussion you had about the delay of game was priceless.  You're always good for some comic relief.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

Et voilà !!

et oui!!! et voilà and now it's time for Bruin's fans to find excuses 

I have said nothing bad

nice game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

You are a total joke and embarrassing to the rest of us. I very rarely say anything about other posters, but seriously. Just go away. We don't do crybaby around these parts.

Don't you light me up on a weekly basis?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Really? This team has lost more third period leads THIS MONTH than they have in about 3 years.

Yet you fans with blinders on have one excuse after another. Injuries. They're sooooo tired... the only team in the league who plays so many games, dontcha know?  Not lucky. Bad  bounces. Oh tonight its the referees, right?

Anyone who feels good about a point tonight and losing in yet another excruciating fashion to Montreal has no crediblity. None.

Blown 3rd period multi goal leads. Over and over and over and over and over.

Not a very good team. Certainly not as good as Montreal.

I imagine if the Iginla thing drags on very long they will have time to blow that too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

A bunch of stupidity

I have great news for you:  The Sox start soon.  They're looking pretty good this year.  You should go post on their boards to find out more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That's my take on it too RHO. People make too much out of regular season games sometimes.

Critique the team, sure.  No problem with that, dez.  They still have sections of their game that need to improve like bringing a lead across the finish line.  Yes it was the Flabitants whom we Bruin fans loathe but to say the Bruins are crappy due to tonight or some past game with a similar ending is curious to hear especially regarding the W's and L's that they presently have.  No matter how hard they try or how badly we want them to, the Bruins can't win every game. 

Sections
Shortcuts