Game 34: Bruins at Buffalo GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 34: Bruins at Buffalo GDT

Road woes have played a large part in the Boston Bruins' slip in the Eastern Conference standings but they will face a potentially short-handed rival in their next game away from home. The Buffalo Sabres, though, will be seeking to add to a five-game point streak at the First Niagara Center when they face the Bruins on Sunday night. Boston was challenging for the Eastern Conference lead earlier this month but has fallen well behind Pittsburgh by going 2-4-1 in its last seven. The Bruins (21-8-4) suffered their fifth loss in six road games Saturday.

"We know we have to get better," goaltender Tuukka Rask said. "We haven't played that bad, but it's uncharacteristic mistakes. And it's something we need to get rid of."It happens but then again ... we know we need to get better in all areas. It's weird because we're not playing awful and we're losing games, but we know it's not good enough."

The Bruins would appear to need a better performance Sunday as Buffalo is 3-0-2 in its last five home games, but the Sabres (13-16-6) are also 0-1-2 in their last three overall after blowing a two-goal lead Saturday against visiting Washington.

Leading scorer Thomas Vanek missed both of those losses with an upper-body injury, but interim coach Ron Rolston told the league's website there's a chance he could return Sunday. Vanek participated in the team's optional skate Saturday, but Rolston said, "he was out there today and moving, but he's not where he needs to be."

The Sabres won't have defenseman Jordan Leopold after he was traded to St. Louis on Saturday for a pair of draft picks. General manager Darcy Regier said that might not be the end to Buffalo's moves before the trade deadline, even hinting that Vanek.

In the meantime, the Sabres will try to earn their third win in four meetings with Boston this season. The used their own three-goal outburst in the third period for a 4-2 victory in the most recent meeting Feb. 15 in Buffalo.

The Sabres are also 5-1-1 in the last seven visits from the Bruins but suffered one of those losses on Feb. 10. Boston scored twice in the third period for that 3-1 win.Miller will likely be back in net after Jhonas Enroth started Saturday. Miller is 16-2-4 with a 2.04 goals-against average at home against Boston in the regular season."

Legion get down to Ottawa customs. Where is white night Kaspars Daugavins ?

I'm invoking a-sort-of Al Davis...."Just DO something Horton-Krejci-Lucic!". Anything...

Kaspars Daugavins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Game 34: Bruins at Buffalo GDT

Great read san, im hoping that the Bs can finally avenge there previous losses to the sabres, but more importantly play a well executed game and get some confidence back. Gee hinting at vanek you say, wow id love this guy in a Bs uniform.

Happy Easter everyone

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think this is the first game this season that I'm not jazzed about.  I am not sure if it is because Buffalo is just so dry and boring, or that the B's are these days as well.

I'm going to watch, but I'm not in a "can't wait for the game!" state of mind like I usually am.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Maybe Regier and Chiarelli will sit down before the game...

And play a game of whichprospectsyouwantexceptsubban..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Buffalo another desprerate team,and the  BRUINS  need despreration in there game .Claude should put TUUKKA in net today to gain some form ,and go back to the basics " boring hockey"    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Happy Easter everyone

You too Happy Easter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:

Buffalo another desprerate team,and the  BRUINS  need despreration in there game .Claude should put TUUKKA in net today to gain some form ,and go back to the basics " boring hockey"    

Haven't they been playing that most of the season?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Happy Easter everyone

Thanks.

We are worshiping the Easter Bunny as I type this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Bruins need a shakeup. Boring hockey from predictive unimaginative players and a boring coaching style

I find it difficult to watch a whole game

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I think it's 2-0 buffalo already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

I think it's 2-0 buffalo already.

You always have been a positive poster, suprised you didn't say 3 or 4-0, this is a really big step for you. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Vanek, the leading scorer for the Sabres this season, did skate this morning, but deemed himself not quite ready for a return. That was confirmed by Buffalo interim coach Ron Rolston, who said that Vanek would not play tonight.

Meanwhile, the Bruins are busy trying to figure out what has gone wrong for a team that looked so good at the start of the season. Right now, the team has lost five-of-seven games with just 15 to go until the playoffs.

"I think right now, whatever should be simple is very hard," coach Claude Julien said. "Even in our skate, very complicated. Guys squeezing their sticks right now. We're trying to do our best here to give them some easy solutions and regain that confidence that we once had that makes you a better team. "No doubt it's the biggest challenge we have right now.", the leading scorer for the Sabres this season, did skate this morning, but deemed himself not quite ready for a return."

Buffalo will still be tough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Reality check for those down on the Bruins right now for no good reason. It's obvious to me the Bruins were and are having issues with fatiuge and a few injuries that seemed to change their mind set {typical Bruins} of late and are now coasting around out there with no real consistency in the physical play whatsoever with 15 to go. but the fact of the matter is they could afford to coast right now thanks to their excellent start this season and not have to kill themselves with 15 to go. is coach Julien pissed about it? absolutely! could they be more consistent? yes! is first and third line production a concern right now? yes! would they like to finish in the top 4? yes! are these end of the season concerns? certainly not! did they need iggy that bad? nope! are they still the best playoff team in the east? in my opinion most definitely! Health is the key of course and getting Kelly back healthy is really important, and a move or two before the deadline wouldn't hurt.

Bottom line is this Bruins team is a really confident group behind the scenes that has displayed that other gear you hear about that's so commonly found in true championship teams. it's just a matter of determination come playoff time PERIOD! the same determination they didn't show against the Caps last spring. if this Bruins team shows up they'll be fine.

The basis of my claim about the Bruins still being the best playoff team in the east is the fact that the Bruins already had an answer for the Iginla trade to Pitt the same way they already had the answer to the Rick Nash to the Rangers trade {who happen to be struggling right now} and so on and so forth. That answer is Zdeno Chara! and the Bruins brass knows it...........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Quite an admission by CJ of the B's mindset right now. Kinda makes me feel bad about all my ranting lately.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

crosby out indefinitely...the plot thickens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

Talk about fate. Or is it the hockey gods?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Broken jaw, its how karma works, shouldn't have gotten involved in the Iginla trade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Talk about fate. Or is it the hockey gods?

Definitely the hockey gods reminding us this isn't basketball.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Hope the sleepwalking ends here and they find their game against a team that has had their number recently. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Well he also called Iginla when the bruins thought they had a deal. He begged him to play for Pittsburgh, i am not bitter moved on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Hope the sleepwalking ends here and they find their game against a team that has had their number recently. 

Agree Vanek is out which should help but if they do not pick up pace it will not matter in the least.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

This better change from last game or another awesome performance on the way, Losing happens, but this is not how it should go down. Emotion and compete non existent - you don't need to look any further than this

Hits                                                         Hits

19                                                            3

Schenn  7                                             Chara  0

Rinaldo  12                                          Thornton  0 

Marchand  0

Paille   0

Peverly  0

Seguin   0

Ference  0

Horton   1

Krejci    1

Bergeron  1

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

This better change from last game or another awesome performance on the way, Losing happens, but this is not how it should go down. Emotion and compete non existent - you don't need to look any further than this

Hits                                                         Hits

19                                                            3

Schenn  7                                             Chara  0

Rinaldo  12                                       

That's ridiculous!