Game 34: Bruins at Buffalo GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Game 34: Bruins at Buffalo GDT

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Caron icetime- 7:31

Thornton- 9:41

Pandolfo- 9:31

This team is not going anywhere with these three....

That has to be corrected and I have to think it will. That line won't cut it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:

Maybe this is the kick to get  them back on track.

Good win. Corner turned?

Not yet, Dav.  The domination of the Caps some Saturdays ago gave a similar impression.  Let's see how they perform over the next several games.  

True that, RHO.

But I saw some things tonight (between barbs in this thread) and some flashes of sustained pressure...PK was still good and goaltending was great. And I am not even drinking!

I thought there is reason for optimism.  We'll see Tuesday against the Sens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Good win. Corner turned?

Not yet, Dav.  The domination of the Caps some Saturdays ago gave a similar impression.  Let's see how they perform over the next several games.  

True that, RHO.

But I saw some things tonight (between barbs in this thread) and some flashes of sustained pressure...PK was still good and goaltending was great. And I am not even drinking!

There playing Rask  lol 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Good night all bed time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I was very impressed with Khudobin tonight.  He has very limited NHL experience, but had his first horrible outing the last time out. It's always interesting to see how a goalie bounces back after a poor outing, and tonight was not an easy shutout.  He had to make some huge saves right out of the gate and remained sharp all night.  Great to see he can put a bad game behind him and come out that motivated and confident the next game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Good win. Corner turned?

True that, RHO.

Well said.  They were skating, not hitting but skating nonetheless as opposed to yesterday for example.  I'm just being cautiously optimistic.  No disrespect to anyone else but I prefer that stance over any "Buffalo must really stink if the Bruins can beat them" kind of angles. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

I think tonight we saw something that CJ hasn't done for a while - rewarding lines for their hard work by giving them more ice time.

It also serves to remind the other three lines that they had better play hard and earn their ice time. Hopefully, they all get the message and take it up a notch from here on out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Khudobin held the Bruins in it until they got going and got the goals.  He more than redeemed himself from that last Pens game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

That was Caron's last game as a bruin.  The daug will be in on Tuesday against his old mates.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Fat had a pretty good third period and dominated a couple shifts, goes to show what he can do when he puts his mind to it. The whole Krejci line showed a glimpse of what they can do when they want to, need alot more of it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thought this was a low intensity stinker of a game... playing not to lose and not to get hurt. Khudo won this for us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

That was Caron's last game as a bruin.  The daug will be in on Tuesday against his old mates.

Not sure this is much of an upgrade considering ST has more goals than he does.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Not sure this is much of an upgrade considering ST has more goals than he does.....

Maybe not, but I'd like to find out.  Does it seem like every other team has guys come up from the A that contribute, but the b's never do?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Fat had a pretty good third period and dominated a couple shifts, goes to show what he can do when he puts his mind to it. The whole Krejci line showed a glimpse of what they can do when they want to, need alot more of it.

His play from the corner was classic Lucic, not classic Fat Lucic.  He just stops and people can't take the puck from him.  Players are dumbfounded because they're used to guys moving and trying to skate away with the puck.  His stickhandling through traffic was a reminder that they guy is incredibly gifted.

A few more games like that, and Fat Lucic will be used in jest, instead of in chide.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

His play from the corner was classic Lucic, not classic Fat Lucic.  He just stops and people can't take the puck from him.  Players are dumbfounded because they're used to guys moving and trying to skate away with the puck.  His stickhandling through traffic was a reminder that they guy is incredibly gifted.

A few more games like that, and Fat Lucic will be used in jest, instead of in chide.

When he is firing on all cylinders he can do that with regularity and as you say is incredibly gifted. The whole line can be very dominant if they feel like it, i just don't know why it has to come in spurts. They're not machines i guess but damn they can be good when they want to.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Thought this was a low intensity stinker of a game... playing not to lose and not to get hurt. Khudo won this for us.

At this point I'll take a win by any means and if its the first step towards the Bs regaining their their confidence then the more the better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

It's not a popular sentiment around these parts, but I think Thornton has looked pretty solid the past few days. He still wheels himself out of position now and then, and I am terrified that a team can transition quickly at any moment. But all in all, he's been looking better and moving his feet a lot more than most the guys can say.

He had more ups than Marchand last night, and that's scary.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yes, for all the Lucic bashers, his play on that goal was all world - size ,skill, compete

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Yes, for all the Lucic bashers, his play on that goal was all world - size ,skill, compete

No love for Bartko on his first NHL assist?

You have a cold dark heart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Khudobin held the Bruins in it until they got going and got the goals.  He more than redeemed himself from that last Pens game.

Agreed, helluva game by Khudobin, should warrant him with the next start. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

No love for Bartko on his first NHL assist?

You have a cold dark heart.

You're a funny guy...  Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I think he should run the PP - I'm sure they're kicking themselves in Calgary as we speak

Thank god we didn't lose Caron though...whew

Oh I forgot it wouldn't of made a difference

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

why were everyone in shock Julien called a timeout ?

Bruins iced the puck and he wanted to give his guys a rest.

Also last night I liked what Bartkowski did in the place of Johnson.  If he plays like that consistently no need to put in Johnson .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Also last night I liked what Bartkowski did in the place of Johnson.  If he plays like that consistently no need to put in Johnson .

His play was solid last night. He looked much more comfortable than in previous games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

His play was solid last night. He looked much more comfortable than in previous games.

Boychuk also seemed more confident with his D partner.

Sections
Shortcuts