Game 39: Bruins at Senators

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Game 39: Bruins at Senators

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Congrats moron you just been selected as the number 1 on my blacklist ...and banned forever 

And you were already #1 on my idiot list.

YOU have been banned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Anybody else love that exchange between Caron and Kassian? Caron looking like he's trying to play an agitator role, and Kassian just tells him to scram.

Gotta cut our losses with the bust.

That's ridiculous. Caron showed some guts to even approach Kassian. Shawn Thornton acts like he's scared to death of him and Caron isn't a fighter.

My earlier point exactly, dez.  At least he's kicking in.

Sorry Dez, but Thornton isn't afraid of anybody!

I disagree Nite. He wants nothing to do with Scott anymore and he seems timid against all of the bigger guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Kel, power play minutes? Why? Because he's a bust of a first round pick?

Get him power play minutes in Providence if need be. All he's good for is keeping the legitimate players fresh and trying to create a stalemate on the scoreboard. And I guess the occasional bout as a punching bag.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I disagree Nite. He wants nothing to do with Scott anymore and he seems timid against all of the bigger guys.

Dez has it right.  You can only trade punches for so long before it catches up to you.  And it has caught up to Thornton.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Get him power play minutes in Providence if need be. All he's good for is keeping the legitimate players fresh and trying to create a stalemate on the scoreboard. And I guess the occasional bout as a punching bag.

Whoa...He certainly wasn't a punching bag against Kassian, but I say give him some power play time and see if he can get one. he did down Providence and had two PP goals in one game against Toronto a while back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Defense is meaningless in hockey I suppose? Makes me what wonder how a guy like Campbell has managed such a long career. Is Caron supposed to be a sniper just because he went 25th overall?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

far too many chances for Sens... but the difference is only a deflection so maybe a little confidence for the Providence crew (PK and PP didn't seem too bad, but I wouldn't put Caron on the PP.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Sens 3 BRUINS 2 ......way too many injuries ....but Reilly Smith will net another one tonight

You're really going out on a limb with Smith, Stanley... did you pick Paille for the other Bruin scorer?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Whoa...He certainly wasn't a punching bag against Kassian, but I say give him some power play time and see if he can get one. he did down Providence and had two PP goals in one game against Toronto a while back.

I think Caron comes around with a lot of minutes.  But I don't see that happening on the Bruins.  If he were on the Jets and getting Colborne minutes I think he would be better than Colborne.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins are getting pretty good entries into the offensive zone. They are shooting to quickly and trying to force plays instead of working the cycle. All in all not bad with all the injuries. Top 6 forwards need more possession time. It's up to the coaches right now to work the kinks out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Fair enough. But if he hadn't just bear hugged him ensuring he couldn't get hit with anything but kidney shots, he would have been killed.

Caron has 26 points in 108 NHL games, and hasn't exactly torn it up in the AHL. I'll even argue that he has regressed. 22 points in his first 71 games (which is respectable for a young 4th liner). 4 points in his last 37 games. That last stat would embarass Shawn Thornton. And if he wants to be Shawn Thornton, he'll have to work on his pugilistic skills, because that bout was awful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

You're really going out on a limb with Smith, Stanley... did you pick Paille for the other Bruin scorer?

Being rational with that jack off is impossible.  According to Stanley's convoluted prediction rules the Sens scored first so he gets 1 point for that.  He's like a 5 year old.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

No, he doesn't have to be the next Gretzky. In the NHL draft, after the first 10 picks, I'm happy with a decent 3rd liner in the first round. He shows nothing that would make me think that he'll ever be there.

After two games, I was sold on Reilly Smith. After 10 games, I thought Marchand was right there, and was close to making a lot of awesome plays. Caron? I've seen the occasional game where I think he might be a half-decent 3rd or 4th liner, and then I watch the next game, and he does nothing.

That's great that he plays good defense and kills penalties. So do Bergeron, Iginla, Krejci, Marchand, Kelly, Campbell, Paille and a few others. Those guys also score a significant amount more than him.

2 years ago, I'd give him a pass. Now? He made his NHL debut (which he got a goal in...I was at that game) 3 years ago, and hasn't improved.

He sucks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Get in the box and shut yer yapper Corvo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Iggy falls down... 3-1 Sens

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Milk Crates are a flying!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No one can underestimate the value of Chara and Seides anymore (if they ever did!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Looch looks physically disinterested tonight so far. Hope that changes

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Down 3-1 via shorty -- Rask pulled. Sorry -- still 1/2 game left -- I'm still on the "they can comback" bus. Go Bruins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Lets hope this power play goes better than the last one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Iginla !!!!!!!!!!!! Beauty pass by Lucic....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Sens 3 BRUINS 2 ......way too many injuries ....but Reilly Smith will net another one tonight

My prediction is looking very good .....it was predictable with Seid, Chara, YETI added to the long list of inuries...it doesnt make sense ....how worst could it be 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

we need a D who can keep the puck in the zone... or is the ice that bad?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Down 3-1 via shorty -- Rask pulled. Sorry -- still 1/2 game left -- I'm still on the "they can comback" bus. Go Bruins.

Gotta hang in as yah never know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Gotta hang in as yah never know.

We'll come back. This is Ottawa, not the Blackhawks

Sections
Shortcuts