Game #4: Bruins v BlueJackets - Game Day Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Game #4: Bruins v BlueJackets - Game Day Thread

Game is likely to start before SanDog gets up on the west coast, so....

BRUINS (2-1-0) at BLUE JACKETS (2-1-0)

TV: NESN, FS-O

Season series: This is the first of three meetings this season. The Boston Bruins won both meetings against the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2011-12. Boston scored a 2-1 shootout win at TD Garden on Nov. 17, 2011, and a 5-3 victory in Columbus on Dec. 10. The teams will next meet on Nov. 14 in Boston.

Big story: The defending Eastern Conference champion Bruins were handed their first loss of the season on Thursday when the Colorado Avalanche beat them 2-0 at TD Garden. The Bruins held a 39-30 advantage in shots, but Jean-Sebastien Giguere was there every time for the visitors.The Blue Jackets are home after winning back-to-back road games against the New York Islanders and Buffalo Sabres.

Team Scope:

Bruins: Despite the loss to the Avalanche on Thursday, goalie Tuukka Rask has continued his masterful play between the pipes. He made 28 saves against the Avalanche, allowing a first-period goal to Ryan O'Reilly on a tipped power-play point blast. Colorado's second goal was into an empty net. Rask is 2-1-0 with a 1.01 goals-against average and .966 save percentage in three starts. Clearly, he is already in midseason form.

"They broke up the forecheck, and then their wingers were coming a hundred miles an hour and our D was just standing there with nobody supporting them, so it's kind of tough for them to do anything to kind of stand out and cut the speed away when you get no back up," Rask said.

Blue Jackets: Marian Gaborik registered his first three-point game as a member of the Blue Jackets on Thursday in a 4-1 victory against the Sabres. He had a goal, two assists and a plus-2 rating on a line with left wing Cam Atkinson and center Brandon Dubinsky. Atkinson had a goal and an assist in the victory and Dubinsky scored his first goal of the season. Together, they had six points, 14 shots and a plus-6 rating.

"We created some chances," Gaborik told The Columbus Dispatch. "It's the third game, so we just hope we can keep the momentum to the next game. We gave up some chances as a team and that shouldn't have happened but [goalie Sergei Bobrovsky] was there when we needed him."

Who's hot: Bruins power forward Milan Lucic has a goal and team-leading three points in three games. … Bobrovsky, winner of the 2013 Vezina Trophy, is 2-1-0 with a 2.27 GAA and .920 save percentage.

Injury report: Bruins forward Carl Soderberg (ankle) has begun skating on his own but is doubtful against the Blue Jackets. … The Blue Jackets list defenseman Fedor Tyutin (lower body) as day-to-day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Game #4: Bruins v BlueJackets - Game Day Thread

If the Bruins come out sleepy, the 'Jackets actually have enough talent to take advantage.  Looking forward to seeing Ryan Murray in an NHL game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Breakout games for Eric and Iggy... let's go Bruins!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Too bad Horton is still on the mend.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Unfortunately, Horton will not play as he continues to rehab from offseason surgery on his shoulder, which he injured during a fight with Jarome Iginla on April 20"

I was looking everywhere for an update, Nathan is still out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

These aren't your grandmother's Blue Jackets, the B's better be ready from the get go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Head Coach Claude Julien will coach in his 700th NHL game today. Julien has amassed a 377-233-10-79 career record."

@NHLBruins 17m

Defense pairs in warm-ups: Chara-Boychuk, Bartkowski-Seidenberg, Krug-McQuaid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Cant wait. First game I get to watch this year that I didn't PVR. Pretty sure Horton is expected to be out until around Christmas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The colors and the "cannon logo" on the CBJ's alt uniforms is an improvement than their usual ones....which isn't saying much imo...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Got the CBJ live stream.....the seem very fair in their calling so far.

Tip of my hat to them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:[QUOTE]

The colors and the "cannon logo" on the CBJ's alt uniforms is an improvement than their usual ones....which isn't saying much imo...[/QUOTE]

These unis are much better.

Matinee game you can heat pin drop in there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Cmon pk!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What!  Holy crap I thought this game at was going to be at 7 tonight.  I was about go clean out the garage serving my suspension from San Dog.  Whew!  That was close.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Is it me or do the Bruins look really slow ?

Or are Colorado and Colombus just faster ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Nice kill the Bs blocking alot of shots as of now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So Horton is hopefully looking to return in late december.....youch!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Chris Kelly to the dressing room after blocking a shot. Probably nothing serious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE] I was about go clean out the garage serving my suspension from San Dog.  [/QUOTE]

That's torture I would never, ever do that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Ugh, hope Kelly is OK.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So Bart is in for Hamilton....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's all Thornton does, just holds on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Shawn was holding on to Boll for dear life can't say I blame him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ST seemed to get the better of that one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Like 60 percent B's fans in attendance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like 60 percent B's fans in attendance.

[/QUOTE]

Surprised?

Sections
Shortcuts