Game 4: Bruins v. NYR (23/05/13), Bruins with 3-0 Series Lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Game 4: Bruins v. NYR (23/05/13), Bruins with 3-0 Series Lead

In response to Davinator's comment:

I have tough time keeping a stiff upper lips here guys...the Ranger had NO business to even think they had a chance to win this game.

Until the Rask 'miscue' halfway through the 2nd period.

Bad enough he stumbles on the weak backhand, but he actually kicked his own stick out of the way trying to get to the puck. Had he simply stayed on his azz, it looks like he could have still reached it with his stick.

Couple that with Chara/Rask's nonchalant walk in the park around the net and NYR got the life they needed. Hope it doesn't amount to much. We could have used the break.

(Boy, it is tough to type this while I am breathing into a paper bag)

You're absolutely correct, Dav.  No need to hid the errors.  They certainly happened.  Poor plays on both.  The good news is that they weren't trend goals, but as rare and flukey as they could be.  No need to be concerned with the next game.

BRUINS IN FIVE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm so pissed !  and not because they lost , had a work emergency to take care of !!! Ruined my night .  I just finished watching the game and so many chances to end this game.

So many looking for blame W TF ! Do you guys remember the Tim Thomas fiasco with Chara against the Canucks ? what was the end result  !! ?? !!

Bruins still bombared the Rangers and I cannot see how the Rangers can withstand that again . Bruins will still win !

p.s. my blame goes to Thorton taking his sweet time getting off the ice on that too men penalty

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I hate the f-upped time though.  5:30, what's up with that?

Terrible!  Can't do anything in the afternoon, can't do anything in the evening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

I have tough time keeping a stiff upper lips here guys...the Ranger had NO business to even think they had a chance to win this game.

Bad enough he stumbles on the weak backhand, but he actually kicked his own stick out of the way trying to get to the puck. Had he simply stayed on his azz, it looks like he could have still reached it with his stick.

Couple that with Chara/Rask's nonchalant walk in the park around the net and NYR got the life they needed. Hope it doesn't amount to much. We could have used the break.

Pretty spot on, when u lose your balance that can happen but I can't disagree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Extra hockey. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Rangers got a lucky goal, took advantage of a rare Chara miscue, the Bruins played a sloppy 2nd half of the game and the rangers still needed overtime to win this game.  The Bruins will put them away on Saturday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Terrible!  Can't do anything in the afternoon, can't do anything in the evening.

I've never heard of a 5:30 start time before.  Why not just wait another hour and a half?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Minus those couple of lucky ones the Rangers would be getting the information for their goodbye team photo tomorrow.  They'll find out the arrangements on Saturday evening.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

Rangers got a lucky goal, took advantage of a rare Chara miscue, the Bruins played a sloppy 2nd half of the game and the rangers still needed overtime to win this game.  The Bruins will put them away on Saturday.

Great point, amigo.  Zero concern.

BRUINS IN FIVE!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Bi-polar hockey is back.  At least Seguin broke through finally. 

who's bi-polar ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

who's bi-polar ?

I hate bi-polar people. They're awesome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

who's bi-polar ?

I hate bi-polar people. They're awesome.

Your post is too..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You're absolutely correct, Dav.  No need to hid the errors.  They certainly happened.  Poor plays on both.  The good news is that they weren't trend goals, but as rare and flukey as they could be.  No need to be concerned with the next game.

BRUINS IN FIVE!

OK, thanks...can I remove the bag now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Rask will want to make up for that one.  Lucic will be back in form at the garden.  If Seids is healthy he takes Hamiltons spot.  Pevs face off % would be missed but Stanley might be on to something giving Soderberg a shot.  Bruins in 5 sounds nice to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Why is Hamilton upset ? is that really his fault ? did he not setup Seguin on the 3rd goal? wow are we harsh ! There was only one glaring mistake on D and it was not Hamilton

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

We played real well. The Rangers took advantage of a few bad plays and made a nice play to end it. Lungqvist was still the reason we lost. Same effort from us Saturday and it's over. Too bad (for me) I'll be out of state with no TV to see it. Go B's

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I hate the f-upped time though.  5:30, what's up with that?

I like it. Perfect time to watch the game from the pub instead of at home, and then out for dinner. Aces.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Why is Hamilton upset ? is that really his fault ? did he not setup Seguin on the 3rd goal? wow are we harsh ! There was only one glaring mistake on D and it was not Hamilton

Typical teenager on a big stage. Can't see the game as a whole -- only recalls that he could have prevented the GWG in OT. The question is -- can he shake it off? His post game interview makes me think not a definate no but leaning in that direction.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Typical teenager on a big stage. Can't see the game as a whole -- only recalls that he could have prevented the GWG in OT. The question is -- can he shake it off? His post game interview makes me think not a definate no but leaning in that direction.

This morning I heard on Toucher and Rich and they're trying to blame Hamilton on the 2nd goal. What ajoke ! That's solely on Chara IMO.

The OT goal could have happened to anyone, it was a lucky deflection , looked waste high. Reason why Hamilton was down is he knows as soon as one of the other 2 come back he's going to sit. I found he played a pretty good physical game last night and the other night.  That's what competition on D creates.  Some good and some emotional as he was last night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

This morning I heard on Toucher and Rich and they're trying to blame Hamilton on the 2nd goal. What ajoke ! That's solely on Chara IMO.

The OT goal could have happened to anyone, it was a lucky deflection , looked waste high. Reason why Hamilton was down is he knows as soon as one of the other 2 come back he's going to sit. I found he played a pretty good physical game last night and the other night.  That's what competition on D creates.  Some good and some emotional as he was last night.

BsL - no doubt much of that play falls on our Captain, but Rask has some responsibilities too:

• he has to warn Chara if anyone is bearing down on him(the play was right in front for him to see) or if there is space to move up the ice, etc 
    • he needs to hustle back into his crease to protect the front of the net.

He was a little lazy on both and it cost them this time.

By the sounds of the interviews I've seen, the entire team has pointed their fingers in the mirror for the sloppiness instead of each other - and that's a good sign...they're not throwing anyone else under the bus.

Rask said he needed more focus after the first goal, Chara said he should have looked around on the second goal, Seguin taking the blame for Too Many Men penalty(third goal) and Hamilton beating himself up over the OT goal.

Should be a great game Saturday in front of the fans.

As usual, I can't wait. Let's go Bruins!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

BsL - no doubt much of that play falls on our Captain, but Rask has some responsibilities too:

• he has to warn Chara if anyone is bearing down on him(the play was right in front for him to see) or if there is space to move up the ice, etc 
    • he needs to hustle back into his crease to protect the front of the net.

He was a little lazy on both and it cost them this time.

By the sounds of the interviews I've seen, the entire team has pointed their fingers in the mirror for the sloppiness instead of each other - and that's a good sign...they're not throwing anyone else under the bus.

Rask said he needed more focus after the first goal, Chara said he should have looked around on the second goal, Seguin taking the blame for Too Many Men penalty(third goal) and Hamilton beating himself up over the OT goal.

Should be a great game Saturday in front of the fans.

As usual, I can't wait. Let's go Bruins!!!

[/QUOTE]

You're bang on the money Dave! A goalie needs to communicate constantly with his team. I don't think Rask was paying attention to Stepan's rate of speed before he left the net to play the puck. If he was, he would've shot the puck around the net to the other side. The other mistake is that if you have the option you always want to leave the puck so that the d-man can pick up the puck on his forehand instead of his backhand. This gives him better control & and he can come out from behind the net with speed. This mistake wasn't all on Chara either. Rask had a brainfart & lost focus to the play around him.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to NHLOA's comment:

The communication problem might be that Chara doesn't understand Finnish or Rask doesn't understand Czech....Bruins Hockey eh

NHLOA RULE BABY (btw, speaking only in English and French)

2012-2013 fewest PP opportunities in the NHL = Boston Bruins with 122.