Game 4 GDT: Penguins at Bruins "Get'er done!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Game 4 GDT: Penguins at Bruins

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Daug playing great defense. 

What are you talking about? He just turned the puck over at his own blue line which led to Pitt finishing the last 40 seconds in the Bruins end. What is it he supposedly did well?

I also thought Daugavins was playing well defensively.  I think he has used his speed and engaged on the boards to make plays and win puck posession.  Do you think he's played poorly in the D-Zone or in genral?  Were you just pointing out that play because of the timing of the statement?

Thank you.  I agree.  Especially for a guy that hasn't seen any game action in over a month. I think he's filled in admirably.  Bone-head play at the end of the period, but I think his full-body of play has excused him for that miscue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Daug playing great defense. 

What are you talking about? He just turned the puck over at his own blue line which led to Pitt finishing the last 40 seconds in the Bruins end. What is it he supposedly did well?

I also thought Daugavins was playing well defensively.  I think he has used his speed and engaged on the boards to make plays and win puck posession.  Do you think he's played poorly in the D-Zone or in genral?  Were you just pointing out that play because of the timing of the statement?

Only partly due to the timing because he also did a fly by on a back check in the first period and needed Seguin to bail him out. I saw 2 miscues he made in crucial areas on the ice but have seen nothing that says, "wow,good defensive play". For those reasons, I was especially curious to find out what he'd done that I was missing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Only partly due to the timing because he also did a fly by on a back check in the first period and needed Seguin to bail him out. I saw 2 miscues he made in crucial areas on the ice but have seen nothing that says, "wow,good defensive play". For those reasons, I was especially curious to find out what he'd done that I was missing.

He did hit the post on perhaps our best scoring chance... but that isn't defensive play

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Near the end of the second, he came back and took the puck from a Penguin down below the hash mark on the right side.  He stayed in the zone, battled for the puck and ended up being the player that moved it out.

Other than that, like most of this middle of October feeling games, nothing to see good or bad overall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

He did hit the post on perhaps our best scoring chance... but that isn't defensive play

And he also killed a good chance when he had Pevs alone behind the D and Seguin trailing the play. With those plays to pick from, he instead chose to throw a weak shot directly into the goalies glove. No possible rebound on the play. He's not a good thinker. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Near the end of the second, he came back and took the puck from a Penguin down below the hash mark on the right side.  He stayed in the zone, battled for the puck and ended up being the player that moved it out.

Other than that, like most of this middle of October feeling games, nothing to see good or bad overall.

We're talking about the exact same play. He won the puck on the boards and then tried to go cross ice to nobody at his own blue line instead of up the boards where it's safe. It led to Pitts best pressure of the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Pitt hasn't had the lead yet in this series. They've been dominated.

To your point, dez, Jim Hughson was on THE FAN 590 yesterday and said the Bruins have exposed shortcomings in the Pens.  He thought most media types gave them more credit for being better than they were and that they probably should have lost to the Isles because NYI were the faster team but the Pens the better scorers. 

Now they're playing an excellent Bruin team and failings in their game are being revealed including their pick up of Iginla, Murray and Morrow who have been good players in the past.  However, Hughson said the Pens paid a high price for guys who are showing they can't keep up.  They're not fast enough.  He said the Leafs gave the Bruins problems because their speed put pressure on the Boston defense.  The Pens don't have that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Who would have thunk it McQ !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Adam Mac !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

We're talking about the exact same play. He won the puck on the boards and then tried to go cross ice to nobody at his own blue line instead of up the boards where it's safe. It led to Pitts best pressure of the game.

Come on Dez.  We're not taking votes for the Hart Trophy here.  The guy has been sitting for a month and has played under five minutes tonight.  Let him be our biggest complaint!

Go Bruins!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

And after all that Iginla does actually score a big goal for the B's!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Bruins continue to get production from the back end. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Sooooo Close now don't slip up boys. One more for Soupy!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

DARTH QUAIDERRRR!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Pens must be stunned (again.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Good maritime boy.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Now you open it up if your the Pens, what the heck do you have to lose?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Pens must be stunned (again.)

And hopefully disheartened (again) Bruinfan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Feed Marchand a couple Xanax -- Gotta stay out of the box

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Who would have thought the pens would have 2 goals in 4 gms.  Unreal.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I would have let that now go if I were the refs.  They had put the whistle away and then this ticky tack call.  I don't like it.    Maybe they even out later in the game.

LETS GO BRUINS !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I would have let that now go if I were the refs.  They had put the whistle away and then this ticky tack call.  I don't like it.    Maybe they even pout later in the game

You are a complicated man with the officials.  Bi polar?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jagr laser beam.  Would have been fitting.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Who would have thought the pens would have 2 goals in 4 gms.  Unreal.  

Gotta keep it that way for 8 more minutes

Sections
Shortcuts