Game 4 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (2-1 MTL Series Lead)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Game 4 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (2-1 MTL Series Lead)

Here we go:

Big story: Fast starts in games have turned into a fast start in this Eastern Conference Second Round series for the Montreal Canadiens, who have led the Boston Bruins by at least two goals in every game. By building a 3-0 lead and hanging on for a 4-2 win in Game 3, the Canadiens lead the series 2-1 and can maintain the home-ice advantage they stole in Game 1 by winning again Thursday.

"We've got a business attitude (as a team), we approach games with a business mindset," coach Michel Therrien said. "This is what I like about our group."

Team Scope:

Bruins: Boston's glaring mistakes defensively cost it in Game 3. But had the top offensive lines solved Montreal goaltender Carey Price early in the game, the Bruins might have relaxed and been more competitive. The line of David Krejci centering wings Milan Lucic and Jarome Iginla was particularly ineffective. Iginla scored a late goal with an extra attacker; the line combined for four shots on net and coach Claude Julien is urging those players to pick up their games.

"This is a line that's been hot and cold for us in the playoffs so far," Julien said. "David's shown a little bit of frustration, so he's got to battle thorough that stuff. It's a line that's given us a lot this year, so you have to have a little trust, and right now that's what I've got. Things have got to get better for that line for us to be successful."

Canadiens: Therrien made the right tweaks to Montreal's lines, when forwards Brendan Gallagher and Thomas Vanek swapped spots and Vanek set up Tomas Plekanec's goal. The Canadiens have impressively grabbed the lead in this series without a goal from Gallagher or forwards Max Pacioretty or David Desharnais. Forward Dale Weise had the winning goal in Game 3 and defenseman P.K. Subban has three goals. Subban has been an uncontainable force against the Bruins.

"There's a lot of things I think I can do better," Subban said. "I'm [upset] they scored that second goal [in Game 3] and I'm on the ice for it. You're not always going to play a perfect game, but I look at the big picture. We got the win, that's the important thing."

Who's hot: Bruins center Patrice Bergeron has a point in all but one of eight playoff games (three goals, six assists). … Subban has three goals and eight assists during a six-game point streak, and has multiple points in five of his past six games. Plekanec has a point in each game in this series.

Injury report: Boston defensemen Adam McQuaid (ankle) and Dennis Seidenberg (ACL/MCL), and forward Chris Kelly (back) are out. … Montreal forward Alex Galchenyuk (lower body) is out.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Re: Game 4 Thread: Habs v. Bruins GDT (2-1 MTL Series Lead)

Let's go Bs!!!

Play fast. Finish checks. Make smart passes. Find the shooting lanes. Make big stops (looking at you Tuukka). 

Pumped for tonight!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Gonna be a good one for sure! I am looking for some disciplined snarl tonight....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Penalties or not,the B's have to get back to playing their game,play physical & dictate the play,Montreal hasn't had to face any adversity this series,its time the B's gave them some! Go B's!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We need the fast start, early lead, and wire to wire.  Do not leave room for one bad puck bounce to kill you.  Don't be afraid to hit.  No pussyfoot crap, and whack Subban and Paciorety.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can the 200 passes back to the point when your in Montreal's end Bruins, time to get back to your effective cycle. The Smurfs know that is what you are going to do and why they have blocked so many shots. Bruins get the forecheck going.

It's going back to Boston tied!

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Rask stinks.  Rask steals a game.  Penalties galore.  Mostly 5 vs 5.  Defensive lapses remain; defensive lapses eliminated.  Bruins score early, and run away with it; blow a lead; spot the Canadiens 4 before coming back.  Last minute goals.  4OT.

I don't care what the story ends up being, Bruins.  Just find a way to win.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The game tonight is fascinating at a lot of levels. I'm eager to see how the Bruins respond.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

So the lines at the AM skate were...interesting today...

Lucic - Bergeron - Eriksson
    Paille - Krejci - Smith
    Marchand - Campbell - Iginla
    Fraser - Caron - Thornton

Doubt they would actually go with that.  Cant see Caron playing center, or cant see them NOT playing Soderberg.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Oh Julien, you little rascal. You're crushing my afternoon productivity with this stuff.

@NHLBruins: Line rushes: Lucic-Bergeron-Eriksson, Paille-Krejci-Smith, Marchand-Campbell-Iginla, Fraser-Caron-Thornton

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Julien on line-juggling at morning skate: "It gives (the media) something to write about so you don't get bored.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Julien on line-juggling at morning skate: "It gives (the media) something to write about so you don't get bored.

[/QUOTE]

He's definitely making it interesting for them!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So the lines at the AM skate were...interesting today...

Lucic - Bergeron - Eriksson
    Paille - Krejci - Smith
    Marchand - Campbell - Iginla
    Fraser - Caron - Thornton

Doubt they would actually go with that.  Cant see Caron playing center, or cant see them NOT playing Soderberg.

[/QUOTE]

I heard Soderberg took his option this morning so he will be in the lineup tonight.  I don't think they should or will go with such drastic line changes.   It's not as if the Bruins aren't playing well.  They are getting tons of scoring chances but just not finishing them.  It will happen tonight and it'll happen in bunches.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Its time the Bruins get in this series for real. Get ready to watch the Canadians shutter and the Bell center become stone cold quiet. No more breakaways, nothing but strong forchecking and dominant play from all 4 lines

Look for a 5-1 W tonight ....WE ARE BRUINS....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:[QUOTE] Julien on line-juggling at morning skate: "It gives (the media) something to write about so you don't get bored. [/QUOTE]

Funny how Shab fans are trying to jump on this as panic...YAWN...please hurry up work day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to asmaha's comment:[QUOTE] Julien on line-juggling at morning skate: "It gives (the media) something to write about so you don't get bored. [/QUOTE]

Funny how Shab fans are trying to jump on this as panic...YAWN...please hurry up work day.

[/QUOTE]

Of course Sandog,i don't know how many comments i've read where the Scab fans already have them in the SCF's against the Kings ala 93',nothing like getting ahead of themselves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Claude Julien has a simple, ingenious plan to get a win in Game 4 vs Montreal Canadiens: "Play better".

That was another great one from Claude, he is on a role this morning.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Claude Julien has a simple, ingenious plan to get a win in Game 4 vs Montreal Canadiens: "Play better".

That was another great one from Claude, he is on a role this morning.

[/QUOTE]

I love it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Just frackin' win.  Ugly or dominating.  The W is all that counts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

The team has played well enough to win every game on all levels except for shot conversions.  Time to bury the puck!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I was really pumped up when I saw that Fraser was recalled but it looks like Julien will keep slowmoe turtle in the line up......so sorry guys but kiss this one good bye with Thornton in the line up BRUINS have 0% chance of winning tonight....its over 1-3 ..Julien doent understand that he doesnt need ST in the line up, he has no business to play agaist the scabs......I WILL NOT WATCH TONIGHT's game with ST in the line up ....actually I will not watch the BRUINS  games anymore as long as TURTLE is playing

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Even with the best team in the world you cant win forever with the worst player in the world on your roster

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020