Game 4 Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Game 4 Thread

Good first period with plenty of offensive zone pressure.  Only complaint for me was Chara's decision to go for the puck in the neutral zone on the Caps goal.  Nine times out of 10 he comes out with it though.  Oh well he does so much good he'll redeem himself for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Game 4 Thread

Can anyone explain to me in a convincing way how the Caps expect to win a series getting 3 shots a period? Yes, defense is important but there has to be sustained counterattacks as well.

Even Lemaire's Devils scored goals more consistently in their heyday (they led the league at least once in goals scored durng his tenure).

So glad I am not a Caps fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

But, really, Lucic and Bergeron together, I don't get it. Bad decision by CJ IMO...even tough they didn't score, that doesn't mean that Bergeron and Marchand don't click. It's just that Brad didn't bury...but the chemistry is still better between Bergeron and Marchand AND Lucic and Krejci.
    I would have put Seguin on the first line, and Peverley with Bergeron.

We'll see, but the Caps were incredibly weaks, and it's still 1-1.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Getting some shots on.  Just need to pick up some loose change!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I can't tell if Holtby is cocky or confident.  He snaps that glove every time he makes a glove save like he's showboating.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Is 17 hurt? It's been a long time since he has played this bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Where the heck is Seguin and Marchand?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Game 4 Thread:
    But, really, Lucic and Bergeron together, I don't get it. Bad decision by CJ IMO...even tough they didn't score, that doesn't mean that Bergeron and Marchand don't click. It's just that Brad didn't bury...but the chemistry is still better between Bergeron and Marchand AND Lucic and Krejci. I would have put Seguin on the first line, and Peverley with Bergeron. We'll see, but the Caps were incredibly weaks, and it's still 1-1.....
    Posted by Remi72

I agree 100%.  I can see Cj making that adjustment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Can anyone explain to me in a convincing way how the Caps expect to win a series getting 3 shots a period? Yes, defense is important but there has to be sustained counterattacks as well. Even Lemaire's Devils scored goals more consistently in their heyday (they led the league at least once in goals scored durng his tenure). So glad I am not a Caps fan.
    Posted by jmwalters

Much better pressure by Caps in the second...they really gain confidence from their PP even when they don't score

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Are we going to get a powerplay this game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Are we going to get a powerplay this game?
    Posted by mattbs

Probably not but the Caps are getting plenty!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Can anyone explain to me in a convincing way how the Caps expect to win a series getting 3 shots a period? Yes, defense is important but there has to be sustained counterattacks as well. Even Lemaire's Devils scored goals more consistently in their heyday (they led the league at least once in goals scored durng his tenure). So glad I am not a Caps fan.
    Posted by jmwalters

jm, what concerns me is how the B'S expect to win when their top scorers are having difficulty scoring against a third-stringer.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I can't argue with any calls tonight but if the Bs did get a PP they should decline it, I think it's worse then last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Caps second powerplay turned the momentun of the game around and on their third they score.  Also B's shots need to be better.  Most of them are hitting the goaly.  They need to rattle this kid.  They are making him look better then he is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I thought Leonis said the champs get all the calls, to many stupid selfish penalties by the Bs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Caps second powerplay turned the momentun of the game around and on their third they score.  Also B's shots need to be better.  Most of them are hitting the goaly.  They need to rattle this kid.  They are making him look better then he is.
    Posted by mattbs

I agree about the shots, Seguin has lots of shots but not too many soft wristers will beat a nhl goalie, more traffic is needed for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Seguin can't bury...and Lucic doesn't look hungry at all.
    Bergeron, as usual, is giving all he can, and more, but, but no goal.

Let's hope we can fin the back of the net in the third!

And by the way, no goofy plays by Wideman so far in the serie ??? What happens ???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Officiating = horrendous

I saw Hamrlik block Marchand's path to the puck on a play and the Boychuk and Bergeron calls were ridiculous.  I also saw multiple take downs (interference) earlier.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

On any of the shots in close i find Holtby to be shaky, just my opinion. If the B's can get a bit more in close pressure i think they will be o.k.It's not like Holtby is standing on his head,far from it, i wish the Bruins would quit making him look so good.The Caps are right there for the taking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Posted by mattbs

Agree.  All the shots are from the perimeter with no traffic.  The studio team is overrating Holtby's work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

You're right 50below, Holtby gave strange rebounds when Bruins forwards were in close range...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Last two calls on boychuk and bergeron were pretty weak, Hamrlik as usual running interference all over the place doesnt get called... Guess jacobs should whine like ted does

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Game 4 Thread : jm, what concerns me is how the B'S expect to win when their top scorers are having difficulty scoring against a third-stringer.... 
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Very true. Its just a matter of time. Hopefully by then it is not too late.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Just more of the same .

Bruins have had several of these low scoring slumps this season

Hopefully it ends or they'll be going golfing early this year

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

This kid in goal for Caps must think he's an All Star...Wait till he gets a tough shot

Sections
Shortcuts