Game 40: Bruins v. Isles (11/04/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Game 40: Bruins v. Isles (11/04/13)

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

First place for 1 day

More important to have their full roster by th start of the playoffs then finish 1st in their division. No?

I dont care where we finish.  2nd-4th.  Be healthy when playoffs start.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:

For christ sakes, watching Lucic handle the puck in the defensive zone is like watching an offensive lineman trying to pick up a fumble.

lucif is a freaking joke! No score, no pass, no hit, no fight!!! Holy crap!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Here's to hoping no back-to-back games in the playoffs.  And some improved health.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Bruins D should be pinching trying to keep the puck in the ofensive zone instead they are so far off the line.  They haven't applied pressure all season !

The offensive skill on the back end just isn't there and sitting Doughie makes it all the more difficult...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No legs whats so ever. 

Why is it so easy for teams to clear their zone .  Again the Bruins D are just not agressive enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

First place for 1 day

More important to have their full roster by th start of the playoffs then finish 1st in their division. No?

I dont care where we finish.  2nd-4th.  Be healthy when playoffs start.  

Agree that is the bottom line. But you know the late night negativity will swirl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Sad part is not many of us would shell out face value to see these guys play. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Bruins D should be pinching trying to keep the puck in the ofensive zone instead they are so far off the line.  They haven't applied pressure all season !

The offensive skill on the back end just isn't there and sitting Doughie makes it all the more difficult...

Bartkowski was their best D believe it or not !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Here's to hoping no back-to-back games in the playoffs.  And some improved health.

Usually the other team would play in 3 of 4 nights as well

Berg March will be back

I keep Daug over Caron and Panda

And don't forget the Yeti ... he is being held at Canadian customs in Montreal

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Agree that is the bottom line. But you know the late night negativity will swirl.

stinkman, it's gonna fly around no matter what the Bruins do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Probably the least fatigued which helps.

They simply need more skill in the back end. Horrible breakout passes, almost nil offensive ability and output. Replacing McQuaid for Doughietonight  just exacerbates this problem....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Berg March will be back

I only caught the 3rd period, but Daug sure looked good; hitting, harrassing and hussling all over the ice.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

He seems to look more and more confortable with each game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I only caught the 3rd period, but Daug sure looked good; hitting, harrassing and hussling all over the ice.

He's a better option than Pandolfo.   Caron had two golden chances one sequence , he has to bury those.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

True enough, but it really seems to get to this team more than others.  It's really strange.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tiazac. Show tiazac's posts

Berg March will be back

He was one of the better players tonight.  Lucic probably the worst again.  Need to sit him for a game of two.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Washington wins again.....they are on a roll. Could be a very dangerous playoff team if goaltending holds up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No legs whats so ever. 

Why is i s easy for teams to clear their zone .  Again the Bruins D are just not agressive enough.

BsL.  I said our def is big and lumbering prior to the season and said we needed an upgrade back there.  Against fast skilled teams who relentlessly forecheck they look bad.  

I was told they were fine and that aj was a fine 7th dman.   For all the kaberle, corvo, wideman complaints at least they were mobile.  

the islanders def is smallish but can skate, montreal same.  The age of slow knuckle draggers is gone.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tiazac. Show tiazac's posts

No legs whats so ever. 

Why is i s easy for teams to clear their zone .  Again the Bruins D are just not agressive enough.

BsL.  I said our def is big and lumbering prior to the season and said we needed an upgrade back there.  Against fast skilled teams who relentlessly forecheck they look bad.  

I was told they were fine and that aj was a fine 7th dman.   For all the kaberle, corvo, wideman complaints at least they were mobile.  

the islanders def is smallish but can skate, montreal same.  The age of slow knuckle draggers is gone.  

PC will have to address that in the offseason. Ference shouldn't be resigned and Lucic can be traded in a package to acquire a quality offensive Dman.  Also drop Horton to free up another 4 million

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Sad result but not the end of the world. Seguin is starting to step up and Campbell(!) and Jagr continue to roll on.

Still miraculous that the Bs are doing to well in the standings considering how disappointing  the likes of Horton, Lucic and, recenty, Krejci have been this year. If these guys were even firing close to their potential the Bs would be jockeying for top spot in the league now.

Once the team gets healthy (Bergeron, Marchand etc) and the play off arrive things should be better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Definately health is most important... where we finish not so much. I am a little encouraged that we can play SO bad and only lose by 1 goal (so a bounce here or there and it goes the other way for us.) But we have no consistency in our game and it must be giving CJ fits.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I really agree with you.  Not sure what's up with Seidenberg , he seems like he's skating in quicksand and his decision making is on a delay.  Seems like he can't get a handle on the puck and gets pinned in his own end. He's even absorbing big hits .  Not good

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Washington wins again.....they are on a roll. Could be a very dangerous playoff team if goaltending holds up.

If the Rangers make the playoffs -- would love to see them draw the Caps or Pens. The potential of seeing that pompous smirk wiped off Tortorella's face would be pricless.