Game 40: Islanders at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Game 40: Islanders at Bruins GDT

WILMINGTON -- The Bruins are up at Ristuccia Arena for their morning skate before tonight's New Year's Eve game against the Islanders, as the Celtics have TD Garden this afternoon.

Zdeno Chara will make his return to the lineup today after missing Saturday's game in Ottawa. That's big news for a team that's without Dennis Seidenberg on defense already.

So far the Bruins have made one move today, recalling Nick Johnson on an emergency basis. Carl Soderberg was ruled out yesterday, necessitating the move. It is the fifth consecutive day that the Bruins have made a personnel move.

Game time: 7 p.m. TV, radio: NESN, WBZ-FM (98.5) Records: Bruins 26-11-2, Islanders 12-21-7

Projected lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jarome Iginla
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Reilly Smith
    Matt Fraser-Ryan Spooner-Nick Johnson
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Jordan Caron

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Matt Bartkowski-Kevan Miller
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Chad Johnson

Notes: The Bruins are 13-0-2 in their last 15 games at TD Garden, a streak that dates back to Oct. 26 ... Tonight is the only time this season the Islanders will visit Boston ... David Krejci is one goal shy of his 100th ... The referees are Rob Martell and Brad Meier. The linesmen are Lonnie Cameron and Mark Wheler"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Game 40: Islanders at Bruins GDT

I love watching John Tavares play. When was the last time the B's played at home on New Years Eve?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Rushes: Lucic-Krejci-Iginla, Marchand-Bergeron-Smith, Fraser-Spooner-Johnson, Paille-Campbell-Caron (Eriksson, Söderberg, Thorty also on)"

Looks to be #TuukkaTime tonight. Rask the first goalie off.

Zee just said he's playing tonight."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@NHLBruins

"Rushes: Lucic-Krejci-Iginla, Marchand-Bergeron-Smith, Fraser-Spooner-Johnson, Paille-Campbell-Caron (Eriksson, Söderberg, Thorty also on)"

I wonder who sits. I would like to see Warsofsky keep playing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Eriksson back on the ice with the boys is awesome!

You folks who gave up on him are going to eat it!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I hope they dont take the islanders lightly. Play hard then party

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'm with yah he has not looked out of place. I would say Bartkowski might sit.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Does not mean he will be playing anytime soon. Long way to go for him yet ! I agree it is encouraging to see him on the ice again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Getting impatiant with Fraser ,Johnson and Caron,give them a few more games,if they don't start producing,time to see somebody else, will get more offence out of Thornton,and that's not saying much.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

Did they call Warsofsky up again?

Do they even have a D to replace Chara if he can't go?

•  

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Does not mean he will be playing anytime soon. Long way to go for him yet ! I agree it is encouraging to see him on the ice again.

Don't think it was so much giving up on him,just being worried for his well being,don't want another Savard

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to suffolkowner's comment:

• Do they even have a D to replace Chara if he can't go?

@NHLBruins

Zee just said he's playing tonight" " Zee returns tonight, with #NHLBruins managing loss of Seidenberg. Blog + projected lineup: http://bbru.in/1fZfIlz  ^CS "

• You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

In response to suffolkowner's comment:

Do they even have a D to replace Chara if he can't go?

• @NHLBruins

Zee just said he's playing tonight" " Zee returns tonight, with #NHLBruins managing loss of Seidenberg. Blog + projected lineup: http://bbru.in/1fZfIlz  ^CS "

I get that he said he can go but I'm just curious if one of the D breaks their leg in warmup do they have another on the roster. Seidenberg and Hamilton out, Warsofsky and Trotman sent down

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

@NHLBruins

Exactly the news we want to hear.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Getting impatiant with Fraser ,Johnson and Caron,give them a few more games,if they don't start producing,time to see somebody else, will get more offence out of Thornton,and that's not saying much.

I think Fraser is getting better every game. Best of the 3 for sure.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I never gave up on him, I think he has a fair chance making it back into the line-up. However, I'm still not convinced (no wonder after two concussions) that he can be the 30- goal, 70-points scorer many here projected him to be; his game is way too soft. (Right now I would trade him straight up for Yandle.)

But if he proves me wrong, I will gladly drive to the next IKEA store and have some köttbullars - at least as many as his goals total for the season...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Ok boys lets ring out the old and ring in the new year with a win!! Go B's!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well finally my nhl feed is from nesn ..Yell

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I love watching John Tavares play. When was the last time the B's played at home on New Years Eve?

Would this be a bad time to wish they had Andrew Ference back on D?

Warsofsky, I liked what I saw from him, moved the puck well. Miller is one of those situations where the B's felt he played well enough and with no options this was the time to bring him back for good. The more I look at things, I can see Chiarelli going after a veteran defensive d-man. I feel they could get exposed. Krug is a terrific offensive player who is turning into a defensive liability. Bartkowski is solid, Miller is still a little raw.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

GO BRUINS!

In response to dannycater's comment:

Would this be a bad time to wish they had Andrew Ference back on D?

Warsofsky, I liked what I saw from him, moved the puck well. Miller is one of those situations where the B's felt he played well enough and with no options this was the time to bring him back for good. The more I look at things, I can see Chiarelli going after a veteran defensive d-man. I feel they could get exposed. Krug is a terrific offensive player who is turning into a defensive liability. Bartkowski is solid, Miller is still a little raw.

Think the Bruins will definetly go after a veteran defenceman but no big rush.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

DK too good!!!

Bruins controlled that period nicely...

Why wasn't that a goal it was over the line?

ugh.

• Sections
    Shortcuts