Game 40: Islanders at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spike77. Show Spike77's posts

Re: Game 40: Islanders at Bruins GDT

In response to Madhouse27's comment:

Won't be long and we'll have Soderberg and Dougie back. 

When because this is getten desperate

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I thought I read that Chara had the flu?

That was one of the reasons given the other night when he was scratched. But don't forget -- I was forced to listen to the gumballs on the NHL Net feed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

NOB, what's the matter with you tonight?

Amen -- If typing on this board drunk was illegal -- NOB would have been pulled over for a TWI tonight

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Do they keep stats on goals scored in the first or last minute of play? This game turned in about one minute if you count the last few seconds of the second period and first 30+ seconds of the third. Weird.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Lol tuukka in the locker room.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Wow, that was a sad display of hockey by a first place team. Happy New Year everyone. Be safe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! To All Bruins Fans....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Amen -- If typing on this board drunk was illegal -- NOB would have been pulled over for a TWI tonight

Must be one of those miserable drunks,if its going to make you miserable don't drink,as far as game goes Bruins sucked they lost,no positives from this game,other than it is over.Happy New Year everbody even you miserable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Must be one of those miserable drunks,if its going to make you miserable don't drink,as far as game goes Bruins sucked they lost,no positives from this game,other than it is over.Happy New Year everbody even you miserable.

thought our PP looked decent!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

they havent played well in a while. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

they havent played well in a while. 

Don't think they have been playing that bad for a while tonight yes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Give the B's credit for being in the holiday spirit, giving Ws to Ottawa and the Isles!!      

They have to show up for the next 2. No more gifts cuz 3 MONSTER opponents coming up on the road (SJ, ANA, LA).     

9 goals against in 6 periods since Seids went down.  I hope that's just coincidence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

No Winter Classic last night. Looking forward to a fun game today. Happy New Year to all my fellow boardmates.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Getting impatiant with Fraser ,Johnson and Caron,give them a few more games,if they don't start producing,time to see somebody else, will get more offence out of Thornton,and that's not saying much.

What kind of production do you expect from your 14th, 15th and 16th forwards?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Getting impatiant with Fraser ,Johnson and Caron,give them a few more games,if they don't start producing,time to see somebody else, will get more offence out of Thornton,and that's not saying much.

The odd goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL where's that moron freaking out over Nick Johnson ???  Uhmm let's see his hockey resume ....

Caron is what he is, a 4th or 3rd liner.  Just because he was drafted in the 1st round does not project him to score minimum of 25goals a season.  At the time he's what the Bruin draft scouts chose.  Mistake or not. I don't have any expecations for this guy anymore, he's a plugger, live with it.  I just hope he stops taking stupid penalties.

Fraser , I don't see him enough, even live . That's about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

9 goals against in 6 periods since Seids went down.  I hope that's just coincidence.

It isn't, the boys on the Bruins blueline need to work on getting the puck up and out of their own zone. Brad "Poke Check King" Park is not coming through that door anytime soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It isn't, the boys on the Bruins blueline need to work on getting the puck up and out of their own zone. Brad "Poke Check King" Park is not coming through that door anytime soon.

At least they will have Hamilton back for next game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

LOL where's that moron freaking out over Nick Johnson ???  Uhmm let's see his hockey resume ....

Caron is what he is, a 4th or 3rd liner.  Just because he was drafted in the 1st round does not project him to score minimum of 25goals a season.  At the time he's what the Bruin draft scouts chose.  Mistake or not. I don't have any expecations for this guy anymore, he's a plugger, live with it.  I just hope he stops taking stupid penalties.

Fraser , I don't see him enough, even live . That's about it.

I actually thought Fraser looked a little more comfortable these past few games at left wing. With so many left hand shots, he was asked to come up and play the off-wing which seemed to add to the challenging transition to the NHL game. With Soderberg returning, I think I would try Sweet Hands at RW on that 3rd line with Spooner centering. From there the decision would be who is better suited between Caron and Fraser to play their off-wing on the 4th line. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fraser and Johnson are getting 10 minutes of ice a game.  I think Fraser spends more time serving other people's penalties than he does skating.  Scoring chances are going to be pretty rare.  On the other hand, the reason they're getting 10 minutes a game?  Fraser's -2 and Johnson's -4.  In fact, tell me if you see a pattern here:

Jordan Caron   -5  (13th forward)

Nick Johnson   -4 (AHLer)

Carl Soderberg   -4  (1st year NHLer often playing with AHL call-ups)

Matt Fraser  -2  (AHLer)

Ryan Spooner  -2  (AHLer)

If you keep going up the list, Campbell and Kelly are the only other minus players on the team.  Cunningham, Trotman and Warsofsky are even.  Miller, Krug, Paille, Thornton are between even and +4.  Chara's year is reflected in the fact he's also +4.  Unusual for the big man, who averages +23 (probably slightly better if you pro-rate last year's +14 over 48 games) in the Julien era.  Smith is only +6, but that reflects the % of his points that have come on that improved PP2.  But then the numbers go up quickly.  Eriksson's +8 in 24 injury-marred games.  Marchand, for all the conspicuous screw-ups, is +11.  The top line is a combined +45.  Bergeron is +16.

Before someone tells me to stuff plus/minus, I think this shows a couple of things: the top of the lineup continues to play as good a two way game as anyone in the league; the bottom half of the lineup, for all the promise of Soderberg and Spooner, is still a liability.  They aren't good enough defensively to not score. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Good post book. Where did the Merlot line end up last year in terms of plus/minus? That one will be intact again soon. 

When Erikkson returns, either he or Smith will join Soderberg and Spooner on the 3rd line which should obviously help the +/- situation there. Heck, just having the same three players on that line for a week or so in a row would probably improve things. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

True that.  Getting Dougie back and a good tongue lashing by CJ will go a long way.

One another note, Caron can't get his walking papers soon enough.   

Sections
Shortcuts