Game 42: Bruins v. Sabres (17/04/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Game 42: Bruins v. Sabres (17/04/13)

Since it hasn't appeared yet, here it is.  Lots of stories tonight, it seems.

Puck drop: 7:35 p.m.

Record: Bruins, 26-11-4; Sabres, 18-19-6.

TV/radio info: NBC Sports Network (Doc Emerick on play-by-play). 98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers)

Projected lineup:
    Gregoy Campbell-David Krejci-Jaromir Jagr
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Danny Paille-Chris Kelly-Nathan Horton
    Milan Lucic-Rich Peverley-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Andrew Ference-Wade Redden

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Aaron Johnson (D); Matt Bartkowski (D), Adam McQuaid (D); Jay Pandolfo (F); Carl Soderberg(F).

Storylines: The Bruins are trying to re-establish their game after back-to-back losses to the Islanders and Canes, only the second time this season they have lost two straight in regulation ... One point or more tonight will clinch a sixth straight trip to the playoffs for the Bruins ... Boston is a measly 3-for-30 on the power play over the last 15 games. The PK unit is 29-for-36 (80.5 percent) over the same 15 games ... The Bruins have been outshot in each of the last six games, for a combined 213-168 deficit ... Referees: Dan O'Rourke and Francis Charron.; Linesmen: Scott Cherrey and Brad Kovachik.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Game 42: Bruins v. Sabres (17/04/13)

Wow, fourth line for Lucic. I suspect that may be switched as the game goes on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Lucic had this coming.....will probably only last a shift or two though....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Wow, fourth line for Lucic. I suspect that may be switched as the game goes on.

Let's hope so - since it would mean he's doing something useful with his minutes out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

snip

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Redden in there too.....finally.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

A lineup thought:

Perhaps its a little late in the game, but moving Marchand up to the first line where he has had some chemistry with Jagr and the fit of Soderberg's size and some skill with Bergy and Seguin would be interesting. Unfortunately its way too easy for me to forget where to put Lucic and Horton as of late.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My advice for anyone going -- go early.  I went to the Avs game Monday night and waited 20 minutes to get through the increased security at the entrance, missing half of the first period.  That was with a third of the building empty and 2000 miles away.  Things could be very slow and guarded in Boston tonight.

Hope we get angry Lucic instead of pouty Lucic (or Fat Lucic).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

This team is starting to look deep....:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

A lineup thought:

Perhaps its a little late in the game, but moving Marchand up to the first line where he has had some chemistry with Jagr and the fit of Soderberg's size and some skill with Bergy and Seguin would be interesting. Unfortunately its way too easy for me to forget where to put Lucic and Horton as of late.

Lucic should be in the press box.  Not to insult him , but he needs watch Campbell.  Campbell drives to the net.  Lucic needs to drive to the net.  Hopefully, that is what he takes away from this.  "What is Campbell doing that I am not"

Two things:

A) Working his butt off (do Campbell's legs ever stop moving?)

B) Driving to the net

I dont feel like this is rocket science

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

A lineup thought:

Lucic should be in the press box.  Not to insult him , but he needs watch Campbell.  Campbell drives to the net.  Lucic needs to drive to the net.  Hopefully, that is what he takes away from this.  "What is Campbell doing that I am not"

Two things:

A) Working his butt off (do Campbell's legs ever stop moving?)

B) Driving to the net

I dont feel like this is rocket science

Took jagr 20 yrs to figure it out.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I agree with demoting Lucic and Horton.

As for Campbell, it seems to me that CJ is rewarding him for hustling his butt off every game and not a bad idea to give him some 'trigger time' to get those offensive skills sharpened for the playoffs.

Having said all that, hopefully lessons learned by all and he goes back to the 4th line as he clearly doesn't have the offensive skills to be on the 1st line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The organization and team are helping out:

The Bruins have announced several ways they'll support and recognize the victims of Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon.

Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs will donate $100,000 on behalf of the team to The One Fund, and the team announced additional donations of $50,000 each from TD Garden, the NHL, and the NHL Players Association. The Bruins have donated 80 tickets to Wednesday's game vs. the Sabres to be given to first-response emergency personnel involved in the aftermath Monday.

There will be other observances at Wednesday night's game, which begins at 7:35 p.m.:

• TD Garden will be lit in yellow and blue, the colors of the Boston Marathon, and two dasher boards will have The One Fund logo.

• Both Bruins and Sabres players will wear "Boston Strong" decals on their helmets, and team staff will wear yellow and blue ribbons.

• A Boston Strong video will be shown and a moment of silence will be observed.

• The national anthem will be sung by Rene Rancourt and the Boston Fire Department Honor Guard. Fans are encouraged to sing along.

• A special "B-Spoked Salute" will take place during the second intermission to honor first responders.

• Bruins forward Brad Marchand will raffle his suite for the Bruins' first home playoff game, with all proceeds to benefit the family of Martin Richard, 8, of Dorchester, who was killed in the bombings. The raffle web site is live now.

Makes me proud to support this team!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Agreed JM, there is a lot to be said for "doing the right thing" and in my mind, the Bruins are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I am surprised that McQuaid is sitting...he needs reps and to find his game before playoffs after coming back from latest injury ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I am surprised that McQuaid is sitting after just coming back from latest injury...he needs his reps and some game action before playoffs roll around...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

sorry about the double dosage there...I have been having issues with the web site and the blogs in particular...weird stuff going on...was in someone elses profile after having logged on as me the other day,......anyone else experiencing..??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

A MUST WIN TONIGHT ....Scabs are playing Pens..Pens should win ..therefore of the B' s win the BRUINS win tonoght we will be 1 point ahead with still 1 game in hand ...

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Wish cj would cut this Camp thing short, reminds me too much of the pj fiasco of the playoffs a few years ago.

Camp needs his reg time, and his pk time. He has never been a top line player anywhere in his career and he needs to stay in his game.  I understand the Def shadow he is being alotted for Jagr's game and speed, if this is needed put him with Berg and March but put Camp back on 4th.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Lucic had this coming.....will probably only last a shift or two though....

Agree. And if he has ANY pride, he will bust his bum and find his game

Sections
Shortcuts