Game 42: Bruins v. Sabres (17/04/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Re: Game 42: Bruins v. Sabres (17/04/13)

OK.

1. Terrible refereeing again tonight(not whining...just stating a fact).

I do not claim a conspiracy against the Bruins but I cannot understand the imbalance of penalties between them and our opponents....tonight I saw a couple of worthy board hits, picks, slashes and holds that were non-calls on Buffalo. On the other side, Lucic's 4min was a result of getting hooked and interfered with (or at the very least both players could have been assessed penalties) and Marchand's trip was non-existent...but still called.

If the referee missed bonehead stepping on the puck, how can he be comfortable saying he saw a tripping infraction? Can't comment directly to Chara's call since replays were minimal, but he, the team, Julien and the crowd were shaking their collective heads.

2. Ference - bad decision with 47 ticks on the clock to even attempt to back hand a flipping, rolling puck around the net as he did. Just kick the puck around the boards, trap it a bit, kill the last seconds and we are in sole possession of 1st place.

3. What is with Julien's choice for the shootout? Seguin, OK - but Bergeron and Marchand playing their first game after concussions and he's going to put it on them? Why not Jagr? Paille had a great game - maybe his best...why not him? Kelly did too. Even Horton has been fairly hot lately, has a quick release and could have used the opportunity to keep his momentum going.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Ready for a first round exit everyone??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Why not Jagr for shootout

kitchener,

perhaps Julien knew his career record in shootouts has not been that impressive.  According to Philly.com as of Dec. 2011 he was 5-for-22 scoring on 22.7% of his attemps.  Before joining the Flyers Jagr had not taken an NHL shootout attempt in more than 3 full seasons so he didn't do them in the KHL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

This complaing reminds me of all the posts in the spring of 2011.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

OK.

1. Terrible refereeing again tonight(not whining...just stating a fact).

I do not claim a conspiracy against the Bruins but I cannot understand the imbalance of penalties between them and our opponents....tonight I saw a couple of worthy board hits, picks, slashes and holds that were non-calls on Buffalo. On the other side, Lucic's 4min was a result of getting hooked and interfered with (or at the very least both players could have been assessed penalties) and Marchand's trip was non-existent...but still called.

If the referee missed bonehead stepping on the puck, how can he be comfortable saying he saw a tripping infraction? Can't comment directly to Chara's call since replays were minimal, but he, the team, Julien and the crowd were shaking their collective heads.

2. Ference - bad decision with 47 ticks on the clock to even attempt to back hand a flipping, rolling puck around the net as he did. Just kick the puck around the boards, trap it a bit, kill the last seconds and we are in sole possession of 1st place.

3. What is with Julien's choice for the shootout? Seguin, OK - but Bergeron and Marchand playing their first game after concussions and he's going to put it on them? Why not Jagr? Paille had a great game - maybe his best...why not him? Kelly did too. Even Horton has been fairly hot lately, has a quick release and could have used the opportunity to keep his momentum going.

The PPs it's like that most of the games. I don't want  sound like a homer but just does not make sense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Ready for a first round exit everyone??

Some might have said the same thing about the Kings before last year's Western Conference Quarterfinals vs the 51-22-9-111 pts. Vancouver Canucks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Mike Milbury on TSN says : BRUINS are being outmuscled

May be the only thing he got right this season. Prior to the game -- this stooge of society took an unnecessary stab at Bruins fans. In a pregame interview McGuire spoke with Ference and Thornton. Ference talked about "raising the bar" for this game. Bone head Milbury commented that they better raise the bar even higher or Bruins fans would be booing them out of the rink.  Once and for all Mike -- get some treatment. Looks like those knuckle marks on your head from Nystrom and McSorley have finally taken their toll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Mike Milbury on TSN says : BRUINS are being outmuscled

May be the only thing he got right this season. Prior to the game -- this stooge of society took an unnecessary stab at Bruins fans. In a pregame interview McGuire spoke with Ference and Thornton. Ference talked about "raising the bar" for this game. Bone head Milbury commented that they better raise the bar even higher or Bruins fans would be booing them out of the rink.  Once and for all Mike -- get some treatment. Looks like those knuckle marks on your head from Nystrom and McSorley have finally taken their toll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Yeah there was and is whining, but one thing the B's did not do in 2011 is blow many games late. So I think a lot of the gripes are legit. I swore a few times watching that tonight.

I'm not hitting the panic button, but I'm increasing less confident of them just regaining some magical form during the playoffs. they've been just a shade over .500 since the beginning of March, and they played sometimes rather poorly in that span. We all wanna see them do well, and maybe they have a good run in them. I hope they do. They certainly have the talent...but do they have the confidence and mojo like in '11? That is the question for me.  

On the other hand, some of us need to really take a step back and just relax. It's a game. It should be fun to watch.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

On the other hand, some of us need to really take a step back and just relax. It's a game. It should be fun to watch.

It should. It's not.

I think I broke my bedroom door.

The team that should have had the emotional lift of the century came out like a bunch of ballerinas, even worse than usual, and couldnt wait to blow another lead. So good, so good.

I cant imagine being in that building and being crushed by that embarrassing pathetic excuse for a loss. This team is dispicable.

The 2011-12 Red Sox were more likable than this bunch of gutless cowards.

ipot is spot on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yep and in real life, after they were embarrassed losing the first 2 games of the playoffs, they were magically lucky to avoid the one bounce that would have eliminated them, got Claude and PC fired, and Thomas sent to Siberia. Instead they got lucky, got hot, and shocked the world.

As has been said tonight, it appears 2011 really was an aberration.

The pieces of garbage in black tonight are your real Boston BlewIts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am happy that no one dropped the gloves last night.  I really wasn't looking for any more blood or violence.  Miller played well.  The B's tried hard.  You can't win them all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Positives.  Redden, Ference and Boychuk played very solid back there tonight.  Really happy Redden got in there.  So happy marchand and bergie are back.  They stir our drink.   I thought the Horton line with Paille and Kelly played very well together.   I love jagr with dk.  Campy is one of my favorite players i dont mention enough.   

Negatives.  lucic.  Has he really turned into penner?   Why do we have ST.  Kaleta scott running our stars.  Funny that when hendricks did this they were the toughest team in the league.  i didnt see a mcQ st sandwich on scott or kaleta.  This is why i like orr.  I dont care if you fight.  I am gonna beat your head off.  ST should be taken out back in the yard and put down gracefully.  Yes i realize McQ didnt play.  For the record i thought kaletas hits were solid.  Hes more useful then ST. Which is just sad.  

the national anthem was one of the best moments in sports ive seen in a while.  Goosebumps.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

kitchener,

perhaps Julien knew his career record in shootouts has not been that impressive.  According to Philly.com as of Dec. 2011 he was 5-for-22 scoring on 22.7% of his attemps.  Before joining the Flyers Jagr had not taken an NHL shootout attempt in more than 3 full seasons so he didn't do them in the KHL.

Was that not the same rationale for benching 99 in the infamous 98 Olympic shootout?

Just sayin'.....Undecided

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Another tough one to lose, but at least 1 point and a tie for 2nd in the Eastern conf.

sorry, but the way i see it, the b's lost a point instead....

Cup half full vs. cup half empty I guess eh? Bruins will win their divsion and finish 2nd and will be fine come playoff time.

thanks Alfred E. Neuman, i was starting to worry....

now try convincing CJ that everything's going to be just fine....  and whether the B'S finish 2nd or 4th won't matter if they continue to play inconsistent hockey....