Game 42 Jets vs Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Game 42 Jets vs Bruins

We're back at the TD Garden for today's matinee between the Bruins and the Jets. It's another important game for Boston, as they try to get another two points before heading out on a tough road trip through Anaheim, Los Angeles, and San Jose.

The Bruins have yet another recall this morning, with Justin Florek coming up on an emergency basis. Florek will replace Jordan Caron, who came in this morning with a stiff back. Caron had participated fully in practice on Friday.

This will be Florek's NHL debut.

Game time: 1 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN/98.5 The Sports Hub

Records: Bruins 27-12-2, Jets 19-19-5

Projected lineups:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Jarome Iginla
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Reilly Smith
    Carl Soderberg-Ryan Spooner-Matt Fraser
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Justin Florek

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Matt Bartkowski-Dougie Hamilton
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Chad Johnson

Notes: Torey Krug will participate in warmups and will be a game-time decision for the Bruins after sitting out practice on a "maintenance day," as Claude Julien termed it. ... Julien is coaching his 500th game with the Bruins today. ... The combination of David Krejci, Milan Lucic and Jarome Iginla is riding a six-game point streak. ... Florek is the sixth player to make his NHL debut for the team this season. ... The referees are Paul Devorski and Mike Leggo. The linesmen are Mark Wheler and Lonnie Cameron

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Game 42 Jets vs Bruins

Ugh... God I hate these games. It should be an easy win for the Bruins, unless Montoya stands on his head again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Might be good to have Krug sit out a game... hasn't been sharp lately

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

"Florek-Campbell-Paille the B's 4th line. Looks like Paille playing his off wing, with Florek slotting in for Caron (out with stiff back) ^CS"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Chara penalty was okay but the Paille call was very weak... B's up to the task on the PK though!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Krug turns the puck over creating a 3 on 2... Jets up 1-0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Jets have a few guys I like, Kane, Byfgliuen (ok Bufflin, whatever...), Stuart and Bogosian.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Krug turns the puck over creating a 3 on 2... Jets up 1-0

[/QUOTE]

In his defence he waited to avoid a too many men situation. Boychuck was on Buff but peeled off and allowed that shot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Horrific 1st period: lost 2 fights; 2 penalties; getting outhit; and unstructured D CONTINUES.  Jets doing the "getting under the B's skin" plan.  

Time for the B's to wake up to this. Get the equalizer and actually show up for the 2nd for once.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Nice feed from Krug to Paille!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

There ya go.  Now regroup and take control.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Krug waited perfectly for Paille to free up. What a pass!

Yah he should be benched LoL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Krug is an enigma???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jets have a few guys I like, Kane, Byfgliuen (ok Bufflin, whatever...), Stuart and Bogosian.

[/QUOTE]

Would absolutely love Ladd.  Love him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Krug waited perfectly for Paille to free up. What a pass!

Yah he should be benched LoL

[/QUOTE]

Garbage sniper

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE] Jets have a few guys I like, Kane, Byfgliuen (ok Bufflin, whatever...), Stuart and Bogosian.[/QUOTE]

Yah but what about that Wheeler guy ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hamilton always does a good job of knowing when to pinch down and not too. Very heady 1st period for young Doug!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hamilton always does a good job of knowing when to pinch down and not too. Very heady 1st period for young Doug!

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Already see a big difference from last year... he's gonna be a monster!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Brad Stuart is out there looking to crush.  He always plays extra tough against the B's

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I like Wheeler.  He made the olympic team, so he cant be that bad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brad Stuart is out there looking to crush.  He always plays extra tough against the B's

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't mind having him back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm glad I called him out... Krug making me eat my words!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree Krug should be sent down to Providence for some rehab. He needs to work on his game LoL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since they came back Stuart and Ladd have been far and away the most consistant and reliable Jets. And with Wheeler, he drove me nuts when he was a Bruin, but he has greatly improved and matured since he got to the Peg. I put that on Noel.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Nice work in front by Florek on the 2nd goal. Overall -- I just like the fact that today -- the shots are ON goal. Many games recently -- way too many shots high and wide. Need to keep it up and move that negative 2nd period goal differential in a positive direction. Good start with Dougies slapper. 

Sections
Shortcuts