Game 46: Lightning v. Bruins (25/04/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Game 46: Lightning v. Bruins (25/04/13)

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Fluto's take on tonight's lineup.

***Spoiler alert: same as against Philly at forward, Bart and McQuaid on the back end (Doughie and Redden out) and Rask in nets***

Good morning from TD Garden, where the Bruins will start a three-games-in-four-nights run against Tampa Bay tonight. This is one of the two rescheduled games the Bruins will play to close out the regular season.

Tuukka Rask, who saw relief work against Philadelphia on Tuesday, should get the start tonight.

Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

TV/radio info: NESN (Jack Edwards, Andy Brickley, Naoko Funayama),98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers)

Records: Lightning 18-24-4, Bruins 27-13-5

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Rich Peverley
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Chris Kelly-Carl Soderberg-Jaromir Jagr
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Matt Bartkowski-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Aaron Johnson, Dougie Hamilton, Wade Redden, Kaspars Daugavins, Jay Pandolfo

Storylines: The Lightning are coming off a 5-2 win over Toronto last night. None of the top three teams in the Northeast (Boston, Montreal, Toronto) is playing well heading into the playoffs… No word yet on whether Nathan Horton (upper body) will be ready to play tonight. Horton hasn’t played the last two games since suffering an injury in a fight with Jarome Iginla last Saturday… The Bruins are scheduled to practice tomorrow. It will be their final practice of the regular season. They’ve desperately missed regular practices, just like every other team in the league… Chris Rooney and Marc Joannette will be the referees. Jay Sharrers and Brian Murphy will be the linesmen.

So when are Bruin's going to rest some forwards?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

So when are Bruin's going to rest some forwards?

The summer most likely....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it's not like they have any forwards taht play 25 minutes a game. the closest they have to that is bergeron, and i believe he will be resting for the washington game. 

am i the only one who doesn't understand all these "will dougie hamilton play in the playoffs" questions? I think they're resting him right now for the post season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hamilton just won 7th Player Award.

Congrats!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And just like in baseball it's a poularity vote, not the best player. Pie Yah got robbed!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And just like in baseball it's a poularity vote, not the best player. Pie Yah got robbed!

AGREE!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Rangers up 2-0 over the Canes. Looks like the Jets are finished!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

and Horton is definately hurt worse than fans have been led to believe... he's had plenty of rest and needs to work with a line on the ice before playoffs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Totally agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Hamilton just won 7th Player Award.

Congrats!!

Is that the 1st time the 7th Player Award winner has been a healthy scratch?  That is awkward.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'll be missing the game tonight to attend Panthers vs. Leafs, the final home game of the year for this pathetic excuse for a hockey team.  Oh, the Leafs fans are brutal.  They aren't deeebags like the Rangers fans, but just so over the top.  "Go Leafs Go" rattles the foundations of the BB&T. 

Nothing worse than a Leaf fan.

+2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

DK sounds like a politician here......flip flop city!

"It would be nice to get a chemistry with a couple guys and stick with them," said Krejci, who's tied for second on the Bruins with 32 points in 44 games. "It's always nicer to play with the same guy all the time because then you [create] chemistry; even sometimes if it doesn't go the way you want to, you know how to bring the success back to you if you're playing with the same guy. But I understand that if there's a bad game, bad period, we need to get something going, the lines need to be switched a little. It's understandable. And I'm all for it. So all I can do right now is focus on my game."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Who's fedup of hearing team needs to play and give 100% for 60minutes ? I AM ! what team plays a full 60mins ? 

I guess that team is 48-0-0

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Is that the 1st time the 7th Player Award winner has been a healthy scratch?  That is awkward.

lol....that definitely was awkward looking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Peverley is sinking whomever he plays with

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

OMG did Lecavlier sell that one!  it looked like he got sniper shot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Peverley is sinking whomever he plays with

Yet he is on the first line....go figure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

who here thought marchand would ahve lead this team in goals and points? he should have gotten the 7th player

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS not playing with the emotions they should show tonigh....no way we will win ...another loss ..i had 3-2 B's but the way they play right now I have to say 4-1 TB

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Our last 7 games have been ..copy paste

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Where's SHUPE  ?  Firewagon eh ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Hard to score if you don't get shots

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I really dont know whats wrong with our team....cant skate anymore..I am really worried going into the playoffs....I used to enjoy the games ...now I get so freaking upset ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ference looking to wake the team up!!

Sections
Shortcuts