Game 47 Vs. Washington 4-27

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Game 47 Vs. Washington 4-27

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Looks like Daugy has just been promoted to the first line....

Yes -- he and Beagle hounding each other all night.

Sorry -- poor attempt at some humor on an otherwise disapointing night.

Hadn't see the guys skate and pass the puck that well in a long time for the 1st 2 periods -- then came the penalties, the collapse and numerous missed opportunities. Making another opposing goalie look like a Vez candidate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Collapse!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Different caps team this time around.  Caps pp is just gross.  Backstrom/ribero Feeding ovi, green and brouwer.  

Caps look very good going in.   

Bruins can only dream of having a PP like the Caps... actually having a system that might actually look like a PP might be the first step for the B's next year...Caps now draw the team everyone keeps saying no one wants to play in the first round... The Rangers..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Yes -- he and Beagle hounding each other all night.

Sorry -- poor attempt at some humor on an otherwise disapointing night.

Hadn't see the guys skate and pass the puck that well in a long time for the 1st 2 periods -- then came the penalties, the collapse and numerous missed opportunities. Making another opposing goalie look like a Vez candidate.

lol...thanks for this.

No worries, the Caps have been beating everyone lately and the B's handled them quite well for the most part.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to skater68's comment:

I'd rather see the B's go into fourth place . I really think their best chance to advance to the second round is against Toronto

No, I  think having home ice advantage for as long as you can works best in Bruins favour For longer run in the playoffs...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Don't take tickytack penalties against them and they looked pretty average.

And the Caps sell it well cuase they know how good they are on the PP.

Should be about 4 threads started by Zoloft poster boy by tomorrow morning LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Collapse!

wrong agin .... it was the dreaded 2 goal lead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Don't take tickytack penalties against them and they looked pretty average.

Exactly.  The B's don't need a better powerplay to win based on the fact that they gave up powerplay goals.  They need to stay out of the box.

Jeez, NAS. You are stubborn.

The reason they need to stay out of the box is because the Caps PP is so damn good!!!

It wins games for them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Different caps team this time around.  Caps pp is just gross.  Backstrom/ribero Feeding ovi, green and brouwer.  

Bruins can only dream of having a PP like the Caps... actually having a system that might actually look like a PP might be the first step for the B's next year...Caps now draw the team everyone keeps saying no one wants to play in the first round... The Rangers..

Caps took the rangers to 7 games last year.  if clowe, boyle and staal play i think they beat the caps in 6.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Collapse!

Yes, I forgot.  It was also the B's lack of success on the powerplay that allowed the Caps to score three powerplay goals.

It is important to note that if the B's had scored one extra powerplay goal every three games, they would be in the Top 5.  How many more games would they have won because of this? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Collapse!

Yes, I forgot.  It was also the B's lack of success on the powerplay that allowed the Caps to score three powerplay goals.

It is important to note that if the B's had scored one extra powerplay goal every three games, they would be in the Top 5.  How many more games would they have won because of this? 

LOL... what's that a Corsi stat ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nope.  And I had it wrong.  I did it based on Columbus' 155 opportunities.  The B's only had 120.  In those 120, they had 17 PPG.  21% (5th place) is 25.2.

Nine more powerplay goals and they're fifth.  That's one powerplay goal every five games.

So, for those who live and die based on the B's shitbird powerplay, tell me this:

How many more games would the B's have won if they scored one more ppg every five games?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

No.

It was Washington's very, very effective PP that allowed them to score 3 PP goals and win tonight's game.

RE: Your last comment...I would have been happy if tonight was one of those games - it was there for the taking in OT.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Nope.  And I had it wrong.  I did it based on Columbus' 155 opportunities.  The B's only had 120.  In those 120, they had 17 PPG.  21% (5th place) is 25.2.

Nine more powerplay goals and they're fifth.  That's one powerplay goal every five games.

So, for those who live and die based on the B's shitbird powerplay, tell me this:

How many more games would the B's have won if they scored one more ppg every five games?

Six of those nine goals would have happened in games that were tied.  I say the Bruins would probably be 34-13-0 if they had a top five PP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You of all people are basing your argument on stats, also a stat that never happened , the "if" stat.

I know what you're saying, it's the same as when people say I wish they won 5-0 after a 2-0 loss.  How much further would the Bruins have been.

Bruins this season had at least 2PP chances that would have won the game in OT , tonights was at the end of the game  can be included in this fact.  An extra win and tomorrow they could have rested some of their players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Bruins can only dream of having a PP like the Caps... actually having a system that might actually look like a PP might be the first step for the B's next year...Caps now draw the team everyone keeps saying no one wants to play in the first round... The Rangers. 

Caps took the rangers to 7 games last year.  if clowe, boyle and staal play i think they beat the caps in 6.  

I have to take the Caps in 6 .. I just think they are on a roll... they will out score the Rags...

PP will be the difference in this series..I like Caps PP better ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Six of those nine goals would have happened in games that were tied.  I say the Bruins would probably be 34-13-0 if they had a top five PP.

Or, they could have come in games that they were already ahead in, meaning they would have won no more games.

It's impossible to say because they didn't happen.

Nine extra goals over the course of a 48 game span does not make or break a team.  Powerplay percentage is meaningless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

On another note another good game for Looch and not because he scored.  He actually almost had the Bruins 3rd goal if not for a nice save by Holtby. 

Now if they can just remove Peverley from his line.  Even Daugevins looked better than him on that line.  I bet tomorrow Jagr is on the line with Krejci

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

At least Lucic looks good tonight....

I thought he looked very good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Peverley...take a seat. For the rest of the period.

No excuse for that.

I agree, he should've been sat for that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and right on cue as the Red Sox game ends comes ........ jmw ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bingo....for both of you but kudos to GNB for recognizing the logical fallacy of the argument overall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I thought he looked very good.

Looks like he has some of his mojo back.

Nice new avatar by the way...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Bingo....for both of you but kudos to GNB for recognizing the logical fallacy of the argument overall.

Who or what is GNB?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Who or what is GNB?

Either a bad crotchal rash or GoodNewsBears of course.

Sections
Shortcuts