Game 48: Boston at Chicago

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: Game 48: Boston at Chicago

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Iggy is trying to do to much and he just can't do what he wants.  All he needs to do is play a Recchi type game.  Maybe he shouldn't be on the top line?

[/QUOTE]

Been saying that for weeks.... Maybe one day Julien will realize also... Eriksson should be given a chance on DK line... Put Iggy on second line and move Smith to 3rd....very simple...  

[/QUOTE]

No.  Iggy's not helping at all.  Don't mess up the second line with him.  Maybe fourth, since everyone seems to want to sit Thornton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Iggy is trying to do to much and he just can't do what he wants.  All he needs to do is play a Recchi type game.  Maybe he shouldn't be on the top line?

[/QUOTE]

Been saying that for weeks.... Maybe one day Julien will realize also... Eriksson should be given a chance on DK line... Put Iggy on second line and move Smith to 3rd....very simple...  

[/QUOTE]

what has Eriksson done to get promoted ?   At the beggining of the season we said he needed time to get used to playing on the Bruins,  then the injuries came but when he has been playing I haven't seen a sign deserving to play on the 1st line.

Why would Julien change 2 nickles for a dime ? I don;t think he can impact the lines enough to warrant the change and besides they're still playing well enough to win games and are in 1st place in their division.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think years of being called Iggy have left him unable to perform as a man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[I stole that from an old Letterman top 10 - Top 10 Things Snuggles the Fabric Softener Bear Worries About Late at Night...or something like that.  It was "Excessive exposure to fabric softener has left him...]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE]

spooner?  [/QUOTE]

Yes that is how his name is spelled.

If you had bothered to look, notice or read you would see how good he is on breakaways. [/QUOTE]

given his big chance to show it, he failed [/QUOTE]

Beat Crawford, hit the post. And now your claiming that some players on the Bruins aren't paid to win.

Never cease to amaze.

[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked you read the post at all before commenting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spike77. Show Spike77's posts

I thought I bruins played well.  One of those games u hope Rask wins it for u. I think bruins make trade before deadline

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thought the B's played well, they play like that and they'll win alot more thna they lose. Loved seeing Marchand play the way he did. Sick move by Spooner in the sho otout, wish he buried it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Thought the B's played well, they play like that and they'll win alot more thna they lose. Loved seeing Marchand play the way he did. Sick move by Spooner in the sho otout, wish he buried it.

Exactly, kel.  Sucks to lose in the SO but it would be more concerning if they were totally outclassed today - which they weren't.  They went toe to toe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The PP in OT gave the Hawks more zone time in the final 5 minutes, but based on the chances each team had in the last 8-10 minutes, you'd have to say the Bruins had at least as good a chance of winning that game in OT as the Hawks.  I'm not at all bothered by losing to them in a s/ootout.  Game was a tie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This team is playing to Claude's game plan of defense, defense, defense. Only my opinion, but I don't see Eriksson adding much value. He gets into net front, but isn't strong enough to control puck or score. and it seems like Iginla knows where to be, but is not picking the holes for scoring like Marchand does. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but Thornton doesn't add the same value that the rookie replacements did.  Injuries to the defense are also hurting since most clubs know, and show, they can bulldoze Krug. It appears that change is necessary

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The PP in OT gave the Hawks more zone time in the final 5 minutes, but based on the chances each team had in the last 8-10 minutes, you'd have to say the Bruins had at least as good a chance of winning that game in OT as the Hawks.  I'm not at all bothered by losing to them in a s/ootout.  Game was a tie.

[/QUOTE]

In the payoffs we've seen them go to OT in games like this , just very unlucky with bounces that went in against Rask while the Bruins dominated. Yup the luck factor. 

The big positive is and confirms my belief that the Bruins can matchup against the best of the west when they have something to prove.  The game against the Ducks Marchand got a very borderline penalty otherwise at that point it was a 1 goal game with the Bruins coming on strong. Easily could have tied it on their PP.

I still say missing something for the playoffs. Don't ask me what because if I knew I would be challenging Stanley for assist GM on the Bruins.  Maybe Book that's a good thread for you to start.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Without Hamilton and Kelly, and with Loui fairly fresh in his come back, I have no complaints.  I think they played well.  If it was a playoff game it would have been decided in real hockey in OT.  After 3 periods it was 50/50 chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

he didn't do it on purpose, 

[/QUOTE]

Should they have rescinded the penalty as long as he promises not to do it again ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

point is he didn;'t do it on purpose.

[/QUOTE]

On purpose or not the rule is there to protect everyone in the building on or off the ice.

Throwing broken sticks is reckless and careless.

P.S. Still complaining about the officiating I see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a p**** dive!

[/QUOTE]

yea he dives face 1st into the boards

[/QUOTE]

.......and deliberately smash his visor into his face causing a bit of leakage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team is playing to Claude's game plan of defense, defense, defense. 

[/QUOTE]

And through Claude's game plans during his tenure as coach of the Bruins they've been........... winning, winning, winning more then losing, losing, losing. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Without Hamilton and Kelly, and with Loui fairly fresh in his come back, I have no complaints.  I think they played well.  If it was a playoff game it would have been decided in real hockey in OT.  After 3 periods it was 50/50 chance.

[/QUOTE]

I thought the Bruins chances were waaay less that 50/50 (of getting two points) after Bartkowski's penalty carrying over into the OT. The PK held up and the Bruins actually got a few really good chances in the remaining OT.

Campbell --> not-so-good with hitting the open net on a 2on1, but very good at hitting his own players in the chops on a spin-and-dump(Paille). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

C'mon !  what a dumb penalty call on Toews .

[/QUOTE]

Very dumb play on his part. You don't toss a piece of lumber in the air with other people around. Imagine if a player or fan got hit in the eye with that. Broken sticks should be dropped to the ice.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly Dez! Imagine how Toews would feel if he hit some 4 yr old in the face with it.

[/QUOTE]

point is he didn;'t do it on purpose.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, you're not allowed to throw your stick...Period!

[/QUOTE]

per NHL Rules 75.4 Misconduct

(ii) Any player who deliberately throws any equipment out of the playing area. At the discretion of the Referee, a game misconduct may be imposed.

Regardless of whether it was intentional, it is a 10 min misconduct penalty.

Also per NHL Rules 10 - Sticks...

10.3 Broken Stick – Player - A broken stick is one which, in the opinion of the Referee, is unfit for normal play.

A player without a stick may participate in the game. A player whose stick is broken may participate in the game provided he drops the broken stick. A minor penalty shall be imposed for an infraction of this rule.

By 'drop' I interpret that it must be dropped immediately and in the vacinity where the player is on the ice...they can't leave it across the blueline in the offensive zone or across their own goal line. They can't throw it 'accidentally' into the feet of their opponent.

It is possible that he could have recieved a 2 and 10 for that play.

I thought his blank stare was priceless though - 'What, me? What for?!?"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

per NHL Rules 75.4 Misconduct

(ii) Any player who deliberately throws any equipment out of the playing area. At the discretion of the Referee, a game misconduct may be imposed.

Regardless of whether it was intentional, it is a 10 min misconduct penalty.

Also per NHL Rules 10 - Sticks...

10.3 Broken Stick – Player - A broken stick is one which, in the opinion of the Referee, is unfit for normal play.

A player without a stick may participate in the game. A player whose stick is broken may participate in the game provided he drops the broken stick. A minor penalty shall be imposed for an infraction of this rule.

By 'drop' I interpret that it must be dropped immediately and in the vacinity where the player is on the ice...they can't leave it across the blueline in the offensive zone or across their own goal line. They can't throw it 'accidentally' into the feet of their opponent.

It is possible that he could have recieved a 2 and 10 for that play.

I thought his blank stare was priceless though - 'What, me? What for?!?"

[/QUOTE]

Correction: Stick must be deliberately thrown...referee must have thought it was 'accidentally on purpose'.

My bad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

he didn't do it on purpose, 

[/QUOTE]

Should they have rescinded the penalty as long as he promises not to do it again ?

[/QUOTE]

LOL I like this approach.  You think it would workd with Shanahan also ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team is playing to Claude's game plan of defense, defense, defense. 

[/QUOTE]

And through Claude's game plans during his tenure as coach of the Bruins they've been........... winning, winning, winning more then losing, losing, losing. 

[/QUOTE]

More than.

but I agree, Claude should change his game plan because it's not defense that wins championships.  love it " losing losing losing"  ha ha ha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How many times did Steve Howe promise not to touch cocaine again?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many times did Steve Howe promise not to touch cocaine again?

[/QUOTE]

7 times.....i think.

Sections
Shortcuts