Game 49: Kings at Bruins GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Game 49: Kings at Bruins GDT

2nd line carrying the Bs as of late. 1st line is is just in a dark hole right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sorry that was a Jack Edwards moment, Chara got the post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chara get used to it because you migh meet him on Team USA.  WHAT A SAVE BY QUICK !!!

[/QUOTE]

He didn't get that did he? Went of the apron I thought. I'm delayed a bit watching off my xbox. Did they show a replay where it shows he stopped it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

OK wingers. You need to watch the d-men sneaking in! Nice save Johnson!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Bartkowski can't risk keeping that puck in the zone that late in the period. He's gotta know nobody's behind him. Big kill needed starting the third.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chara get used to it because you migh meet him on Team USA.  WHAT A SAVE BY QUICK !!!

[/QUOTE]

He didn't get that did he? Went of the apron I thought. I'm delayed a bit watching off my xbox. Did they show a replay where it shows he stopped it?

[/QUOTE]

I'm watching also on computer at the office with no volume . Looked like a save but then saw replay.  My Jack Edwards reaction .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

That's a HOOK! Nice ref way to be the difference maker! What a crock!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

MArchand is singlehandeldy carrying this team on his back.  18 seconds and get us the lead again...wow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

IN YOUR FACE REF YOU PIECE OF KIEF!! YEAAA!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Atta boi Chad! And hats off to Chara for looking out for "everybody" and not teeing that up with 2 or 3 lying down on the ice. Mostly King players too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Great win!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, I will admit this once, and if anyone ever asks, I will say Tyler Sequins hacked my account:

Mahtha!  The Bahn's on Fyah!  is the first time I've ever actually laughed at Jack.  I'm sure he's probably said it before, but there you go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

We've played with great energy the last few games. Fun to watch. Three out of four points against two great teams with 3 regular D-men out. The young guys have played well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Happy with the win and the 3 of 4 points especially considering the back to back games. The first line's time will come.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2nd line carrying the Bs as of late. 1st line is just in a dark hole right now.

[/QUOTE]

Just like the first line carried the Bs when the second line was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wZZu93VsNA

That's why they're built the way they are.  Job one of every line is not be a liability - don't let them score more on you than you do on them.  Job two is score up to your potential.  This way, if you stop one line (and sometimes two), there's still another wave of Bruin attack that might have its mojo - and that's enough.  That dog hunts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chicago and LA back to back afternoons in different time zones with 3/5 and then 4/6 defenseman from the AHL last year.  Jack's line about the D having a combined 120 games of experience sounds like something someone posted here a while back.... 

Someone was predicting a lot of losses in this stretch - with one game to go, the Bruins are a shootou  away from being perfect against two of the West's powers and Dallas.  Glad that one wasn't me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Easily the best forward on this roster - 63

Miller needs to stay -

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That was a wonderful game to watch! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Easily the best forward on this roster - 63

Miller needs to stay -

[/QUOTE]

"DOWN GO'S BROWN"!!!!!!!!!!!! - Jack

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Damn glad Quick is over his groin problem for the US and the Olympics. Just didn't need him to do that to Smith today.

[/QUOTE]

His lateral movement is out worldly dog! You can thank Mike Richter, that's who Quick wanted to be as...."quick" as. He's certainly accomplished that.

[/QUOTE]

As a goalie yourself -- am I correct in thinking that Quick's lateral movement is as good as or better than Giguere's throughout a good part of his career. His post-to-post moves made the net look like it was only 3 feet wide.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

JW - When Marchand's on his game, he's a pound-for-pound killer in the mode of Marty St. Louis. When he's not, he's a train wreck.  If he was Marty St. Louis all the time, I'd agree he's the best forward on the team, but he's nowhere near that consistent.  For any given stretch, Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic and Marchand can be the best forward on this team - and for a short while there, Smith was. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Damn glad Quick is over his groin problem for the US and the Olympics. Just didn't need him to do that to Smith today.

[/QUOTE]

His lateral movement is out worldly dog! You can thank Mike Richter, that's who Quick wanted to be as...."quick" as. He's certainly accomplished that.

[/QUOTE]

As a goalie yourself -- am I correct in thinking that Quick's lateral movement is as good as or better than Giguere's throughout a good part of his career. His post-to-post moves made the net look like it was only 3 feet wide.

[/QUOTE]

The difference with Giguere when he first came into the league. The rules on equipment was a lot different. He was big & he wore huge equipment. When you see Jonathan Quick he doesn't look big at all, but yet he's the same heigth as JSG. I know NAS had a problem with Quick's equipment as well, but that equipment doesn't allow you to travel this far.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441637

across the net to make saves. He does this deep in his net & he can do it from outside his crease. And he's the only goalie I ever seen that can shuffle his legs while in the split position as "quickly" as Quick does. JSG- never had great lateral movement. I'd say he's better laterally now than he was back in 03'. JSG- plays his best when he has his mentor Francois Allaire coaching him, but Allaire has changed his coaching technique's compared to when he had Pat Roy, Broduer & JSG earlier. He tried to make all his goalie's "sho t blockers" which is basically going by the wayside now. As most goalies are becoming more athletic & better overall athletes. Quick is a stud & a phenom at his position. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Giguere isnt even close to Quick in the lateral movement category. Not too many are. Quick may the most flexible goalie I've ever seen, and great call Nite, Richter is a terrific comparison. Quick is a bit more advanced but I'd have to say it's because the way the position is played has changed alot, even since Richter.

Quick can go into a split and still be moving. Goes in and out of one faster than anyone. Plays bigger than he is which is rare to say about a goalie this flexible. Very athletic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JW - When Marchand's on his game, he's a pound-for-pound killer in the mode of Marty St. Louis. When he's not, he's a train wreck.  If he was Marty St. Louis all the time, I'd agree he's the best forward on the team, but he's nowhere near that consistent.  For any given stretch, Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic and Marchand can be the best forward on this team - and for a short while there, Smith was. 

[/QUOTE]

OK book, I'll put it another way. First though, as much as I am a St Louis fan, I don't think that's a good comparison... just ask the Sedins. What he did in Chicago was on another level than anyone on this roster can get to. That goal coming down the left side was insane, 46-37-17 can't even imagine that, much less do it. Then, against LA he went off again displaying skills that are unrivaled by anyone else...and just to put a cherry on top he took an LA dman drove him into the back of the net and knocked them both over the top of the goaltender. This guy is severely underrated. Also, it's the attitude and emotion he plays with. He can be erratic at times, but make no mistake, he's special. Brad Marchand is real good people.

He is the most talented forward on this roster - IMO

Sections
Shortcuts