Game 5: Bruins v. NYR (25/05/13), Bruins with 3-1 Series Lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Game 5: Bruins v. NYR (25/05/13), Bruins with 3-1 Series Lead

Alright jmwalter and/or SanDog fill in the rest with the lineup , storylines, predictions if you want . 

I'm off tomorrow morning (today) to Boston and catch Game 5 for the elimination of the Rangers !  

I'll try to take some nice pics which NAS will give me lessons on how to upload them.

Shupe,  I leave the policing on this board upto you.

GO BRUINS !!!  AND.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Game 5: Bruins v. NYR (25/05/13), Bruins with 3-1 Series Lead

Have fun B's, wish I could join you !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Have a few for me & if you get the chance... tap looch on the jock for me too eh? Tongue Out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Alright jmwalter and/or SanDog fill in the rest with the lineup , storylines, predictions if you want . 

I'm off tomorrow morning (today) to Boston and catch Game 5 for the elimination of the Rangers !  

I'll try to take some nice pics which NAS will give me lessons on how to upload them.

GO BRUINS !!!  AND.....

Damn straight! You bet you will Bsl, have a blast.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

here we go bruins here we go.  

have a great time.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

RANGERS at BRUINS

(Boston leads best-of-7 series, 3-1)

TV: NBCSN, TSN, RDS

Big story: New York Rangers left wing Chris Kreider scored 7:03 into overtime Thursday night to prevent the Boston Bruins from completing the sweep at Madison Square Garden.

Now they'll try to end it in Game 5 Saturday at TD Garden, where Boston is 4-2 in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. New York will have to win a road game to stay alive. The Ranges did in Game 7 of the first round at Verizon Center against the Washington Capitals, but that is their lone road win of the playoffs. They are 1-5 away from Madison Square Garden.

Team Scope:

Rangers: They're alive and in Boston, where they've brought with them a new sense of confidence and a feeling of finally having momentum in the series.

"We gave ourselves an opportunity to play one more game," goalie Henrik Lundqvist said. "That's our approach now, win [Saturday]. Focus on the good things here, the stuff we've been doing well, feel as good as we can and just start with the first 20. Then we'll see how far it takes us."

ECSF: (4) BRUINS vs. (6) RANGERS Boston leads series 3-1
    Game 4 Recap: Kreider forces Game 5 with OT winner RELATED STORIES/VIDEO ›

FULL SERIES SCHEDULE AND COVERAGE › The Rangers have been good in elimination games since last season, going 6-1, including 3-0 this season.

"I don't think our team gives," coach John Tortorella said. "We've done some good things here. I go back to the first series, just winning two in a row there to win that series, that's something, you know, you try to hang your hat on, I guess. I'm not a real big believer in it. I think every game is a different situation, but our team doesn't give."

Judging by practice Friday, it appears the Rangers' lineup will be the same for Game 5 as it was for Game 4, meaning center Brad Richards will be a healthy scratch again. The only players on the ice for practice Friday were the ones who played in Game 4. Kreider was missing, but a Rangers spokesperson said he was given a maintenance day.

"We talked about it before the game, we wanted to get to Boston," Tortorella said. "We did, and now we need to try to win a game in Boston. Then we'll see where we go from there."

Bruins: Boston knows what will happen and what type of questions it will face if the Bruins don't win Game 5. It'll all be about their problems closing out a series.

Boston blew a 3-0 series lead to the Philadelphia Flyers in 2010 and went on to lose in seven games. The Bruins nearly blew a 3-1 series lead to the Toronto Maple Leafs in this year's conference quarterfinals but came through with a miracle finish in Game 7 to win in overtime despite trailing 4-1 midway through the third period.

"There is no panic here," coach Claude Julien said.

Nor should there be, but a loss in Game 5 could change things quickly. The Bruins know that, but they also know that for roughly three-and-a-half games against the Rangers they have been the much better team.

It's also possible the Bruins get defenseman Dennis Seidenberg back from injury for Game 5. He continues to skate, and Julien said he's progressing, but Seidenberg said he is still day-to-day. Defenseman Wade Redden is in the same situation.

Who's hot: Rangers center Derek Stepan had a goal and an assist in Game 4. … Bruins defenseman Torey Krug has three goals in the series, including a power-play goal in Game 4. He was called up from Providence of the American Hockey League before the series began. Boston forwards Tyler Seguin and Nathan Horton each had a goal and an assist in Game 4.

Injury report: The Rangers have been playing without defenseman Marc Staal (eye), forward Ryane Clowe (undisclosed) and forward Darroll Powe (undisclosed) for the entire series. Defenseman Anton Stralman (undisclosed) did not play in Game 4. … The Bruins have been depleted on the blue line by the injuries to Seidenberg, Redden and Andrew Ference. Seidenberg could play in Game 5, but Ference is not skating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I really hope one of the three d-men come back.  Hamilton isn't cutting it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I really hope one of the three d-men come back.  Hamilton isn't cutting it.

I agree, although he did make a nice seam pass on Seguin's goal. 

A Seidenberg in , Hamilton out move would help the D in their own end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I'm quite positive that he'll be at least a fantastic #2 for the majority of his career, hopefully a #1.  The Callahan breakaway and the OT winner both showed some real inexperience.  And that's okay.  He's more than just a rookie, he's a teenager.  They can get offense from Krug and Bartkowski.  I don't think Seidenberg would have gotten burned on either of those plays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm quite positive that he'll be at least a fantastic #2 for the majority of his career, hopefully a #1.  The Callahan breakaway and the OT winner both showed some real inexperience.  And that's okay.  He's more than just a rookie, he's a teenager.  They can get offense from Krug and Bartkowski.  I don't think Seidenberg would have gotten burned on either of those plays.

Maybe it's 20/20 hindsight but what I was thinking was that it was a good time for him to take a penalty rather than relying on his goalie to make a save.

But as was said, he is a teenager and a rookie and I think he's been learning really well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Seidenberg is still questionable, I hope he plays for reasons already stated.  The question is whether or not the German is 100%.  If at 50% I'd rather have Hamilton even with the possiblity of a flat learning curve.  

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I only hope that Torrey Krug continues to garner mucho ice time!!!! I know Seidenburg and Redden are ready but the rookie has earned his place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

GO BRUINS !!!  AND.....

I'll be looking forward to them - especially the one of the Bruins at center with their sticks raised.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Have a few for me & if you get the chance... tap looch on the jock for me too eh? Tongue Out

hmmm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

What is clowe's deal?  Fantasy 1st game then injury?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If there's one thing I learned from Saturday morning cartoons, it's that bears always come out on top over rangers (and that great danes start all words with an "r" sound.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Soon game time , heading to the garden.  Enjoy the games guys and gals !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Theyre going to put them away today and Jagr is going to score.

I'm interested to see how the Rangers come out and if Richards is back in the line up. I want to keep Richards on the sidelines.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Theyre going to put them away today and Jagr is going to score.

I'm interested to see how the Rangers come out and if Richards is back in the line up. I want to keep Richards on the sidelines.

Same here, kel.  I want that move to be viewed post-game as one that contributed to the demise of the Rangers.  Good.  One less skill guy for the Bruins to concern themselves with. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mJ4lc_Q9Q6k/TDUOr82KSbI/AAAAAAAAqgM/XJX_ualx3DQ/s1600/groundandpoundanticpunch.jpg

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to red75's comment:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mJ4lc_Q9Q6k/TDUOr82KSbI/AAAAAAAAqgM/XJX_ualx3DQ/s1600/groundandpoundanticpunch.jpg

Nice.  Yogi's about to lay a beating on Ranger Smith's whose about to crap a brick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

While Cyndy (Crsoby) is wating for Yogi to finish off the Ranger.  

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

Nice.  Yogi's about to lay a beating on Ranger Smith's whose about to crap a brick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Looks like Sieds is in tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

GO BRUINS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd like to see them coast into the conference final with a huge win today, no OT, no nail biting, just all kinds of Bruins goals.