Game #5: Bruins v Red Wings - Game Day Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Game #5: Bruins v Red Wings - Game Day Thread

Boychuk should never be on the power play....ever. Get Bartkowski out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The Wings are just too darn good at moving quickly, setting up, and finding seams in the offensive zone.  That's how they're built.  You can't beat them with a puck posssession, grinding game.

Bs have matched up badly against them in the CJ era.  I hope to avoid them in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

My, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.

Bruins are getting burned by not picking up the weak side/lane crash.

Chara is having a terrible game. Iginla and Lucic are invisible! I haven't headr Jack call Bergeron's name once.

You are right this game went south fast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Bs need to pass quickly - with the "finesse" factor - on the attack ans pinpoint sniping.  

Iginla flat-footed today.  Bergey MIA. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Wings are making the Bruins pay with those coverage breakdowns behind their blueline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

The Wings are just too darn good at moving quickly, setting up, and finding seams in the offensive zone.  That's how they're built.  You can't beat them with a puck posssession, grinding game.

Bs have matched up badly against them in the CJ era.  I hope to avoid them in the playoffs.

How did they beat them a mere week ago? They're just not picking up the weak side. They're getting plenty of opportunities, just not burying them. I can just tell that you're a panic fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"And Marchand losses Weiss on the 2nd goal"

Awful!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I won't argue with the Iginla/Bergeron claims. I will point out that Krug has been everywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Wings are making the Bruins pay with those coverage breakdowns behind their blueline.

"If we're as effective as them, it's at least 7-3 now."

True statement by a Bruins fan about today's game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

B's really have had some good looks, I don't know why everyone's freaking out here.  Wings doing a good job clogging up the shooting lanes, and they are deadly if you leave them open in the offensive zone (obviously).  B's need some puck luck in the third, overall I think they've played a decent game.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

"If we're as effective as them, it's at least 7-3 now."

True statement by a Bruins fan about today's game.

Exactly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

B's really have had some good looks, I don't know why everyone's freaking out here.  Wings doing a good job clogging up the shooting lanes, and they are deadly if you leave them open in the offensive zone (obviously).  B's need some puck luck in the third, overall I think they've played a decent game.  

Yup. Pretty even in terms of puck possession and chances, but Detroit has just capitalized on the few breakdowns the Bruins have had. On the 1st and 3rd goals, a backchecker was right there, but didn't break it up. On the 2nd one, everyone was looking at whoever it was behind the net, and not picking up the man coming through the slot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

How did they beat them a mere week ago? They're just not picking up the weak side. They're getting plenty of opportunities, just not burying them. I can just tell that you're a panic fan.

Panic fan?  What are you, the child with the Black and Gold bedroom and matching bed sheets?  

They beat them a week ago because the Wings were half a step slower, having played the night before.  I'm making an observation based on the recent history of the Bruins struggling against the Wings over the past 4+ seasons.   It's called match ups.  See?   

Nothing about "the season is lost."  Grow up, man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I agree with you, hang.  The Detroit has capitalized on their opportunities. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Boychuk should never be on the power play....ever. Get Bartkowski out there.

Seidenberg should never be on the power play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Bruins playing better today against Detroit than they did in Columbus just not finishing and Detroit has been opportunistic. Bruins forwards need to pick up their men defensively.  Krug has been great. Chara not good enough today.  Iginla hit the net!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" I don't know why everyone's freaking out here"

First I have ever heard the Bruins are "having a decent game" when they are down 3-1 and being dominated down low in front of their own net.

Take your goggles off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

They didn't get one on that 2 man advantage but at least the pressure exerted in the Wing end and the chances created was good to see.  Wasn't that long ago where it seemed the Bruins spent a large part of their PP retrieving the puck from their own zone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

" I don't know why everyone's freaking out here"

First I have ever heard the Bruins are "having a decent game" when they are down 3-1 and being dominated down low in front of their own net.

Take your goggles off.

+1  That 5 on 3 was as if they were skating in molasses.  Gotta get in front of the net.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Panic fan?  What are you, the child with the Black and Gold bedroom and matching bed sheets?  

They beat them a week ago because the Wings were half a step slower, having played the night before.  I'm making an observation based on the recent history of the Bruins struggling against the Wings over the past 4+ seasons.   It's called match ups.  See?   

Nothing about "the season is lost."  Grow up, man.

No. That would be my 8 year old cousin. But you said that they "can't" beat the wings playing a puck possession game. Does that only apply to the Wings? Or does it also apply to other finesse teams such as the Canucks, Blackhawks, and the like? Will they beat them every time, or even a majority of the time? Maybe not, but why would you deviate from "your game", when it has proven to win a majority of the games league-wide? It's their strength; that's the type of team they've developed.

Whenever someone says that a team (and a good team at that) "can't" win something, I just know they're a panic-button fan. I don't think that's debatable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Krug doesn't see one minute on the 5 on 3. Absolutely ridiculous coaching!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

wiziwig.tv

But how was that play on Caron not interference, and did anybody miss the too many men call? How was that one not called?

Hey !  Thanks for the great info..wizwig is so clean compared to those other euro trash websites...No pop ups and nothing trying to install itself...Thanks once again...I'm now back to seeming our Bruins....THANK YOU !...cheers...happy thanksgiving.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

If Chara isn't going to hit the net, he needs to just stand in front of the goalie. I'll take a decent wrister with the goalie screened over a 108 MPH slap shot that the goalie can see, and only has a 25% chance of hitting the net.

On that note, I wish it wasn't against hockey etiquette for Boychuk to rock Bertuzzi in the kisser there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Krug doesn't see one minute on the 5 on 3. Absolutely ridiculous coaching!

That's what I was thinking. Oh well. 

Sections
Shortcuts