Game 5: Leafs v. Bruins (10/05/13), 3-1 B's Series Lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Game 5: Leafs v. Bruins (10/05/13), 3-1 B's Series Lead

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

With some help from the posts and the B's.  Look, he played well but that save on Bergeron was sheer luck. All Bergy had to do was be patient and get it high and it's an easy goal.

[/QUOTE]

I think it was Bergeron's misfortune being unable to lift it over and in.  As it was, Reimer got his toe on it.  I'd be more concerned if the Bruins were not creating these chances at all. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

He's not shown too much athleticism so far in this series. That was a good save.....one of the few BIG ones he's made.

Well he showed enough to steal a game!NOTHING gets a goalie into a groove better than when he's doubted! I thought we'd all be bright enough in here seeing that we had one that was doubted quite a bit. Some of us never learn I guess! Oh yea.. might be another one playing in Ottawa right now too. 

This was the topic on THE FAN 590's Primetime Sports program this afternoon, nite.  McCown, Shannon and David Grange were speaking to this in regard to Reimer not doing as such in the series which helped put the Leafs in their then 3-1 hole.  Guess he corrected that situation.

[/QUOTE]

I know which exactly eludes to my point. DOUBT from others  is often a goalie's biggest motivator. They were talking about how bad Dion is and how Reimer cant play any better for the past 48 hrs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

Bring on Game 7 we wont lose 3 games at home!!

Just to be safe, how about a win on Sunday?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Exactly.  Forget about coming back to Boston to clinch. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

I hope so but the leafs are a confident bunch and I'm expecting game 7 back at TD garden as it's the Bruins way!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Other than the 3rd period push is this game reminicent of a game the Bruins played 3 years ago? 

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=300510001

I guess this team never learns.  When they had chances to seal the deal in 2011 against Montreal and Tampa Bay they didn't do but they won so there continuous inability to put teams away when they are down ws overlooked.  The players have to look in the mirror but I still put the onus on the Coach to get his team ready to play.

Chara was fantastic tonight so at least the Captain led by example.  Unfortunately he wasn't able to find any followers until the third period.  Rask did keep them in the game in the 1st. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The Bruins certainly haven't done a great job lately of playing well on the anniversary of Bobby Orr's big goal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I hope so but the leafs are a confident bunch and I'm expecting game 7 back at TD garden as it's the Bruins way!!!

No disrespect to you, Ramz but you assume the Bruins are set to drop Game 6 in order to force Game 7 as if it's something the Bruins want for themselves.  They're up not down 3-2 and at best have two opportunities to win one game.  There were skyrocketing blue and white hopes here in Toronto entering Games 3 and 4 yet the Leafs were swept. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I know which exactly eludes to my point. DOUBT from others  is often a goalie's biggest motivator. They were talking about how bad Dion is and how Reimer cant play any better for the past 48 hrs. 

[/QUOTE]

Those were the primary topics of conversation up here in sports media after Game 4- especially Reimer. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

No disrespect to you, Ramz but you assume the Bruins are set to drop Game 6 in order to force Game 7 as if it's something the Bruins want for themselves.  They're up not down 3-2 and at best have two opportunities to win one game.  There were skyrocketing blue and white hopes here in Toronto entering Games 3 and 4 yet the Leafs were swept. 

Odds are not in Bruins favour to win 3 in a row at the ACC. Leafs have all the condfidence in the world now. The first 2 periods of tonights game may have been the worst I've seen in a long time from a Bruins perspective. I would bet on a game 7 Monday night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

I'm from Whitby and I'm a huge bruins fan. Trust me I wanted them to destroy the Leafs tonight as Im tired of seeing all the leaf fans here mouthing off on how we are going to win this series. But like I said the bruins never make things easy and I fully expect the leafs to play a huge hockey game on Sunday as they know it might be their last just like they played tonight.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm from Whitby and I'm a huge bruins fan. Trust me I wanted them to destroy the Leafs tonight as Im tired of seeing all the leaf fans here mouthing off on how we are going to win this series. But like I said the bruins never make things easy and I fully expect the leafs to play a huge hockey game on Sunday as they know it might be their last just like they played tonight.

Good points all, Ramz but I didn't envision the Leafs any more jacked than they were pre-Games 3 and 4 after splitting in Boston and returning with home ice advantage.  Look what happened?  We know being in this position is not foreign to them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Bruins will win game 6 in double OT. Jagr with the winner, he has to score sometime, right ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Odds are not in Bruins favour to win 3 in a row at the ACC. Leafs have all the condfidence in the world now. The first 2 periods of tonights game may have been the worst I've seen in a long time from a Bruins perspective. I would bet on a game 7 Monday night.

What would you like to bet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Neither did he LRH... I am just not impressed this guy is #1 material....sorry..

He doesn't have to impress you. He's impressed the Leaf organization enough. I don't think he gives 2 kiefs whether you're impressed or not. He's played well enough to get 2 wins and his team back in the series. Sounds like pretty good #1 material to me. 

[/QUOTE]

Really NOB!!! Are you certain that he isn't bothered by what I think of him..I am willing to bet that it really bothers him.. I bet he lies awake at night worrying  about what I think of him... here is the correct response: the rest is not necessary ... I have an opinion so do you...respect others opinions ... That is what this forum is for...

He's played well enough to get 2 wins and his team back in the series. Sounds like pretty good #1 material to me.  

Pretty simple ,  Ok NAS jr...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Who will score first Seguin or Jagr?  Right now I am not sure either one could put a puck in the ocean.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

What would you like to bet?

I will definitley eat crow if the Bruins win game 6. I just don't see it happening. I guess I'm just frustrated after taking a complete ribbing from Leafs fans tonight at the bar I was at. Living an hour outside Toronto as I do is taking a toll on me in this series. I just want the Bruins to put the Leafs to bed once and for all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The odds, as you say didn't look too good for the Bruins after the Leafs returned to Toronto after splitting the first two in Boston and look how those games turned out, jp.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

Who will score first Seguin or Jagr?  Right now I am not sure either one could put a puck in the ocean.

I'm hoping that question is answered Sunday in a win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I'm hoping that question is answered Sunday in a win.

Me too. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

At least Seguin is getting scoring chances.   Marchand is not playing well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Yeah, whats up with that? Passes are off and doesn't seem to be taking many shots, maybe hurt, who knows.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Hard to imagine Seguin not breaking through sooner or later.  Would help the Bruins' cause.