Game 5: Leafs v. Bruins (10/05/13), 3-1 B's Series Lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Game 5: Leafs v. Bruins (10/05/13), 3-1 B's Series Lead

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to huntbri's comment:

Who will score first Seguin or Jagr?  Right now I am not sure either one could put a puck in the ocean.

At least Seguin is getting scoring chances.   Marchand is not playing well.

Hard to imagine Seguin not breaking through sooner or later.  Would help the Bruins' cause.

Would it ever RHO, i know he is disappointed and what better time to break out than back in TO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Who will score first Seguin or Jagr?  Right now I am not sure either one could put a puck in the ocean.

I agree.  I have found Marchand's play to be very frustrating.  He can't hang on to a puck at all, bobbles every pass he gets, can't make passes and is not playing with his usual edge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Yeah, whats up with that? Passes are off and doesn't seem to be taking many shots, maybe hurt, who knows.

Don't think he's been the same since the mild concussion he suffered near the end of the season. Another reason it would have been nice to get a bit more of a break before the next round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Were any of you watching this game? Toronto capitalized on 2 bad mistakes. Otherwise they played ok. Why do any of you fear this team? Weak D, weak goalie. 

I expect this out of opposing teams trolls and fans, not Bs fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Here is my prediction : If the 2nd line doesnt score a goal we will lose game 6

and by the way I wonder if CJ should switch Jagr on the 2nd and Seguin on the 3rd ???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Jagr is overrated by Bs fans and Marchand has been playing uninspired for several games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Were any of you watching this game? Toronto capitalized on 2 bad mistakes. Otherwise they played ok. Why do any of you fear this team? Weak D, weak goalie. 

I fear this team because I am a Bruins fan living in the Toronto area and I don't want to have to listen to their ridiculous fans if they somehow pull off the upset.  The other thing is that in the last 2 games they have outworked the Bruins.  I don't think the leafs defense or goaltending is weak but I do agree that they aren't great, yet the Bruins only scored 1 goal.  I guess in reality I fear the Bruins inconsistent and apathetic play more than I do the leafs.  I just don't understand how a team that has a chance to wrap up a series early on home ice comes out with such a weak effort.  They might not have been bad tonight but they weren't good enough. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

more frequent flyer miles.

Tryin to be positive here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Hard to imagine Seguin not breaking through sooner or later.  Would help the Bruins' cause.

He will my guess is sometime in October.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Other than the 3rd period push is this game reminicent of a game the Bruins played 3 years ago? 

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=300510001

I guess this team never learns.  When they had chances to seal the deal in 2011 against Montreal and Tampa Bay they didn't do but they won so there continuous inability to put teams away when they are down ws overlooked.  The players have to look in the mirror but I still put the onus on the Coach to get his team ready to play.

Chara was fantastic tonight so at least the Captain led by example.  Unfortunately he wasn't able to find any followers until the third period.  Rask did keep them in the game in the 1st. 

It's amazing, isn't it?  You'd think the team would have remembered that Philly game and tried not to repeat it.

I'm especially surprised that Begin, Hunwick, Recchi, Ryder, Satan, Savard, Sobotka, Stuart, Wheeler, and Whitfield didn't play better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I have to admit I'm not too high on the prospect of them going up to Toronto and having to win for a 3rd time. 

And having to win a Game 7 on the end of a back-to-back is also not appealing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Other than the 3rd period push is this game reminicent of a game the Bruins played 3 years ago? 

I guess this team never learns.  When they had chances to seal the deal in 2011 against Montreal and Tampa Bay they didn't do but they won so there continuous inability to put teams away when they are down ws overlooked.  The players have to look in the mirror but I still put the onus on the Coach to get his team ready to play.

Chara was fantastic tonight so at least the Captain led by example.  Unfortunately he wasn't able to find any followers until the third period.  Rask did keep them in the game in the 1st. 

Players who were here in 2010:  Bergeron, Lucic, Paille, Thornton, Chara, Boychuk, Ference, McQuaid.

Players who were here in 2011:  Lucic, Krejci, Horton, Marchand, Bergeron, Seguin, Kelly, Peverley, Paille, Campbell, Thornton, Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Ference, McQuaid.

Don't you think this year's team looks a little more like the 2011 version?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

FIn response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's amazing, isn't it?  You'd think the team would have remembered that Philly game and tried not to repeat it.

I'm especially surprised that Begin, Hunwick, Recchi, Ryder, Satan, Savard, Sobotka, Stuart, Wheeler, and Whitfield didn't play better.

Fair enough NAS point taken but as I did indicate my complaint is mostly with the Coach not having his team prepared/motivated. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Fair enough NAS point taken but as I did indicate my complaint is mostly with the Coach not having his team prepared/motivated. 

[/QUOTE]

It's the Stanley Cup playoffs for crissakes. Does the coach have to motivate them ? Most of them have rings.......they've been there before .......they know what it takes to win playoff games. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Game 5 of the playoffs.

Julien's pre-game speech should need to be, "Be smart.  Good luck."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Game 5 of the playoffs.

Julien's pre-game speech should need to be, "Be smart.  Good luck."

We disagree on the impact that a coach has or can have.  In my opinion they are there for more than teaching, correcting and affirming.  Their words, decisions and actions motivate the team. Sometimes a team or individual players need a pat on the back and sometimes they need a kick in the butt.  If players are continually unprepared (mostly different players as you pointed out) to play in close-out games when their backs aren't against the wall that is an issue and the constant is Claude Julien.  Guys like Chris Kelly seem to play no matter how they play.  Julien even thought he played well last night. I don't know what he was watching or maybe it was just he wasn't as bad as he has been.  If you are a veteran you can play poorly many games in a row and there are no repercussions.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

It's the Stanley Cup playoffs for crissakes. Does the coach have to motivate them ? Most of them have rings.......they've been there before .......they know what it takes to win playoff games. 

[/QUOTE]
    This isn't "Any Given Sunday" any player who needs some sort of motivation be4 he plays a game in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Probably doesnt deserve to play in them. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

85 percent odds this is going to Game 7.  This team earned it.  2 little 2 late tonight.

Leafs are now playing with house money.  Bs are not.  

You picked the Leafs to win the series yet you cry after each loss like the Bruins should've won in four. I picked the Bruins in 6 because I'm aware of the fact they're playing another team of professionals that wasn't going to just roll over. I'll wait until the playoffs are over for the Bruins before I decide to cry or celebrate because it's not a race, regardless of how big a lead you're building up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I mean how many "Lets win one for the Kipper" speeches can a coach give? Like has been said before, this B's team as constituted has been through many of these games and has heard numerous speeches, so has Jagr, this isn't some Major Midget team. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]

Chowda, you've pinpointed the exact component the Bruins have that despite not winning games in the manner expected by some makes me know they would knock off the Leafs even if it was a Game 7 situation. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

We disagree on the impact that a coach has or can have.  In my opinion they are there for more than teaching, correcting and affirming.  Their words, decisions and actions motivate the team. Sometimes a team or individual players need a pat on the back and sometimes they need a kick in the butt.  If players are continually unprepared (mostly different players as you pointed out) to play in close-out games when their backs aren't against the wall that is an issue and the constant is Claude Julien.  Guys like Chris Kelly seem to play no matter how they play.  Julien even thought he played well last night. I don't know what he was watching or maybe it was just he wasn't as bad as he has been.  If you are a veteran you can play poorly many games in a row and there are no repercussions.  

[/QUOTE]

What does continually unprepared mean ?

They're professionals in a league with the best training and coaching in the world. Is coaching to blame for making mental mistakes on the ice ? Is coaching to blame for effort given by the players ?

Coaching is similar to raising kids. You can teach them so much and then you let them go out on their own. You can't hold their hands forever.

The players have take some responsibility too. It's not always about blaming the coaches.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Never believe what the CJ or the players say before or after a game.  It's meaningless horsedung.

The truth is on the ice.

This is true, B's up 3gms to 2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Never believe what the CJ or the players say before or after a game.  It's meaningless horsedung.

The truth is on the ice.

The truth is that the Bruins have two more chances to end the series. The truth is that they earned that by winning three games earlier in the series. I don't know how much truthier it needs to be. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

I fear this team because I am a Bruins fan living in the Toronto area and I don't want to have to listen to their ridiculous fans if they somehow pull off the upset.  The other thing is that in the last 2 games they have outworked the Bruins.  I don't think the leafs defense or goaltending is weak but I do agree that they aren't great, yet the Bruins only scored 1 goal.  I guess in reality I fear the Bruins inconsistent and apathetic play more than I do the leafs.  I just don't understand how a team that has a chance to wrap up a series early on home ice comes out with such a weak effort.  They might not have been bad tonight but they weren't good enough. 

I thought the two teams have taken turns outworking each other.

The Bs have had plenty of good looks at Reimer and held the play in the Leafs zone for extended periods of time. All they need to do is take advantage of their chances and tighten up a little in their own end. 

They should, I repeat should be able to perservere Sunday night.