Game 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Game 5

The winner of game 5 will win this series!

Go Bruins! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Game 5

If the bruins lose this serie and claude is gone then it would be addition by substraction as far as I am concerned. Krejci you gona play or cry about if the crowd boos you guys for not giving an effort?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Lucic Krejci Horton

Seguin Bergeron Ryder

Marchand Kelly Caron

Paille Campbell Peverley

Chara Sieds

Kampfer Manchuck

Ference Quaider

Rask

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from connor20. Show connor20's posts

jwb413: Next years line up already?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It's just a dream............

But I would do it in a heart beat. CLOD, if he was trying to actually win might consider it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5:
    It's just a dream............ But I would do it in a heart beat. CLOD, if he was trying to actually win might consider it.
    Posted by jwb413

CJ's previous lineup choices letting you down are they?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5 : CJ's previous lineup choices letting you down are they?
    Posted by dezaruchi

after a loss dez nothing is good enough. since going down 0-2 to montreal the bruins are 10-3 but the bruins should shuffle the lines. even if they win the cup it will never be good enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nothing in this series has shown me that a team can win 2 games in a row. So I say no the winner of game 5 is not a lock to win the series I will expect the unexpected in game 6 just as the first 4 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Game 5:
    The winner of game 5 will win this series! Go Bruins! 
    Posted by JYaso

Definitely.  Time for the Bruins to come out hitting heavy.  Winning the damn faceoffs would be a huge help too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sd071. Show sd071's posts

Nothing in this series has shown me that a team can win 2 games in a row. So I say no the winner of game 5 is not a lock to win the series I will expect the unexpected in game 6 just as the first 4 games.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Haven't the Bruins already won 2 games in a row this series?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins have won two in a row, Tampa Bay hasn't been able to keep the Bruins down two in a row.  History shows that the team that has won game 2 has won every conference final since the lockout.  The Bruins have looked supperior, I'm confident they will win the next game.  BTW, saying you would rather the team lose the ECF if it meant CJ would be fired makes absolutely no sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

History shows that the team that has won game 2 has won every conference final since the lockout. 
    Posted by OatesCam

I like that trend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

If we learned anything, it should be that predictions must be saved for game day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

.  History shows that the team that has won game 2 has won every conference final since the lockout.  Posted by OatesCam

Last year history showed is was nearly impossible to blow a 3-0 lead, especially with home ice advantage, especially if you begin Game 7 with a 3-0 lead.

Please don't quote meaningless trends that mean nothing more than hurting all the more when we go against them.

If the Bruins play like they did in periods 1 & 2 in Game #2, or the entire Game 3, they will win.  If they play like they did in period 1 Game 1, period 3 Game 2, and periods 2 & 3 Game 4, they will lose.  Simple.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5 : CJ's previous lineup choices letting you down are they?
    Posted by dezaruchi

How I've come to agree w/one of the posters I've locked horns with most in the past is a mystery to me, but I just don't get all this outrage over ANYTHING at this point.

If you had told me at the start of this season that the Boston Bruins would find themselves not only IN the Final 4, but just 6 wins away from winning the Cup and going 2-2 into game 5 on home ice, 1) I wouldn't have believed you and 2) I'd take those chances regardless of the circumstances that got them there

Meaning I wouldn't reject the scenario just b/c they should have won game 4 and didn't....put another way--the SJ Sharks didn't fold the tent when they went up 3-0 on Detroit and blew that lead--both in the series and in one of the games they lost--they still gut-checked it and went on to win game 7.....ditto Van. vs. Chicago this year.)

Lookit, in no way am I CJ's biggest fan (my sig. tells you all you need to know about how I think he dealt w/Seguin), but results can't be argued with, and for crying out loud, the Bruins are within reach of their first Cup Finals since 1990.

I don't know if they're going to win tonight. I don't know if game 4 will turn out to be the death knell of this team's season, and I don't know whether CJ gave the appropriate message between periods 1 and 2 in game 4 when he should have reminded his charges to remember how many similar leads they had blown.

But if you want to rail on CJ and blame him for that one game, then give him credit for rolling out the line-up that won games 2 and 3 (esp. game 3). You'll find they're virtually the same.

And let's remember that it isn't CJ's fault that Thomas hesitated like a rookie when playing that puck on goal #1 which started TB's comeback (I am telling you if he clears that puck right away instead of making Chara stand there like a doofus the Bruins go on to win), and sure as hel wasn't Claude's fault that Lucic abandonded all sense and reason giving Gagne the GW gift.

Hockey is a frustrating sport on a million levels that often turns on a bad bounce here, a poke check there, etc.

The Boston Bruins CAN win game 5 tonight, and while I don't KNOW it's a lock, I'm more than happy to know that if they DO, it puts them ONE win from the Stanley Cup Finals. The story would be exactly the same had they won game 4.

Folks, it's not perfect, but it's pretty da*n good.

Tonight feels to me like it's going to be a white-knuckler. Have the Tums on hand. Earfmuffs for the kids if you're prone to cursing. Be prepared to go to work tomorrow on little to no sleep.

But I'm going out on a limb to say #18, Nathan Horton, "Mr. (O)T", scores the game-winner for Boston, and the Julien-led Bruins will look a lot more like the team you want on the ice than the one you don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5 : How I've come to agree w/one of the posters I've locked horns with most in the past is a mystery to me, but I just don't get all this outrage over ANYTHING at this point. If you had told me at the start of this season that the Boston Bruins would find themselves not only IN the Final 4, but just 6 wins away from winning the Cup and going 2-2 into game 5 on home ice, 1) I wouldn't have believed you and 2) I'd take those chances regardless of the circumstances that got them there Meaning I wouldn't reject the scenario just b/c they should have won game 4 and didn't....put another way--the SJ Sharks didn't fold the tent when they went up 3-0 on Detroit and blew that lead--both in the series and in one of the games they lost--they still gut-checked it and went on to win game 7.....ditto Van. vs. Chicago this year.) Lookit, in no way am I CJ's biggest fan (my sig. tells you all you need to know about how I think he dealt w/Seguin), but results can't be argued with, and for crying out loud, the Bruins are within reach of their first Cup Finals since 1990. I don't know if they're going to win tonight. I don't know if game 4 will turn out to be the death knell of this team's season, and I don't know whether CJ gave the appropriate message between periods 1 and 2 in game 4 when he should have reminded his charges to remember how many similar leads they had blown. But if you want to rail on CJ and blame him for that one game, then give him credit for rolling out the line-up that won games 2 and 3 (esp. game 3). You'll find they're virtually the same. And let's remember that it isn't CJ's fault that Thomas hesitated like a rookie when playing that puck on goal #1 which started TB's comeback (I am telling you if he clears that puck right away instead of making Chara stand there like a doofus the Bruins go on to win), and sure as hel wasn't Claude's fault that Lucic abandonded all sense and reason giving Gagne the GW gift. Hockey is a frustrating sport on a million levels that often turns on a bad bounce here, a poke check there, etc. The Boston Bruins CAN win game 5 tonight, and while I don't KNOW it's a lock, I'm more than happy to know that if they DO, it puts them ONE win from the Stanley Cup Finals. The story would be exactly the same had they won game 4. Folks, it's not perfect, but it's pretty da*n good. Tonight feels to me like it's going to be a white-knuckler. Have the Tums on hand. Earfmuffs for the kids if you're prone to cursing. Be prepared to go to work tomorrow on little to no sleep. But I'm going out on a limb to say #18, Nathan Horton, "Mr. (O)T", scores the game-winner for Boston, and the Julien-led Bruins will look a lot more like the team you want on the ice than the one you don't.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Well folks, it looks like we have a believer.......game 5 will be Boston's best playoff performance so far.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

History shows that the team that has won game 2 has won every conference final since the lockout.
    Posted by OatesCam

History also shows Mike Smith has never let in a goal in the play-offs.

I said Bruins in 6 so I'm not worried (yet!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

From May 10th, my ECF prediction: Boston in 6

Game-by-game "perfect guess" for ECF...

Game 1 - TB
    Game 2 - Boston
    Game 3 - Boston
    Game 4 - TB
    Game 5 - Boston
    Game 6 - Boston

Looking good. Have faith everyone...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I like the Bruins for game 5. I still do not like Claude's decisions. He is not pro-active. He could have used Tuuka, but didn't; He could have used Caron, but won't; he could have used Kamfer, but won't; he could put Rex on line 4 for lots of positive reasons, but won't; His style negates Marchand's capabilities as well as Horton's. He was canned in Montreal and New Jersey for good reasons. He cannot make in-game decisions. he is stubborn and stuck in" his way or the highway". His lack of leadership is why this team can be so inconsistent. Yes, he is in the last series before the Stanley Cup; BUT, so is Guy Boucher, a first year coach with a weaker team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

This needs to be a statement game, similar to game 3. Bruins need to come out, guns a blasting, hitting everthing that moves (legally) and get that forecheck going again. Key on Hedman, he's been brutal when pressured.

And our D guys (including Kaberle), gotta be strong on the puck in their own end and have to move it quickly to their outlet guys (reverse flow again?). Two of the goals scored in game 4 were results of our D men not being able to recover/stay strong on the puck (TT mistake didn't help either!).

2 games to win and this team can do it if they play there game.......for 60 mins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

People should stop saying that every game is the most important game of the series. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I like the Bruins for game 5. I still do not like Claude's decisions. He is not pro-active. He could have used Tuuka, but didn't; He could have used Caron, but won't; he could have used Kamfer, but won't; he could put Rex on line 4 for lots of positive reasons, but won't; His style negates Marchand's capabilities as well as Horton's. He was canned in Montreal and New Jersey for good reasons. He cannot make in-game decisions. he is stubborn and stuck in" his way or the highway". His lack of leadership is why this team can be so inconsistent. Yes, he is in the last series before the Stanley Cup; BUT, so is Guy Boucher, a first year coach with a weaker team.
    Posted by bogie6

A weeker team?  That weeker team swept washington, and beat pittsburgh. This "weaker team" has:
    1.  one of the best goalies in the playoffs (except that the bruins have his number),
    2.  top forwards:  stamkos, st. louis, lecavlier, and gagne
    3.  had the 6th best best power plays in the league (bos. was 20)
    4.  had the 8th best best pk in the league.  (bos. was 16)
    5.  had the same number of points in the regular season as boston
    6.  scored 3 fewer goals in the regular season than boston

In fact, the only area that Boston outshown Tampa was in defense.  Not that that has shown so far in this series. 

And I have to agree that Julian is a horible coach.  After all, he has only taken this team to the playoffs every year he has been here.  And the conference finals...there are plenty of other coaches out there than can get the bruins there...just look at all those coaches that have done so...

And another sign of what a bad coach his is...the bruins are ony 2 wins away from playing in the stanly cup. I am sure that boston can find a better coach than that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

...and Krejci needs to get the puck on the net...crash and let those big wingers have some garbage to clean up. Fun fact of the playoffs: Krejci has 28 shots / 7 goals. If he's scoring on 25% of his attempts, I want to see at least 4 shots a game from him. Same with Bergeron, Horton, Ryder and Marchand, come to think of it.

Shoooooot. Smith has NOT been tested.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Proud-American. Show Proud-American's posts

Been watching the B's for nearly 40 years... The Bruins have had their share of strong, hard-nosed, won't back down players.  Sadly those players have long since retired; I don't see it in the makeup of these current players, and they reflect their Coach.  When the going gets tough, these guys run around and look like fools.  When the 'system' breaks - they crumble.

Claude is a fool and his leadership during game 4 should be called into question.  But that doesn't take his charges off the hook, they looked beaten after the 2nd goal by TB; where is their pride?  Sadly, I think Tim Thomas has hit his wall and Julien is too stubborn and dumb to see it.

Cam - do something; we need a coach that will lead, who shows emotion and inspires his players, and players who think on their feet and aren't limited by 'systems.'

Sorry just venting.

Sections
Shortcuts