Game 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Game 5

In Response to Re: Game 5:
    In Response to Re: Game 5 : after a loss dez nothing is good enough. since going down 0-2 to montreal the bruins are 10-3 but the bruins should shuffle the lines. even if they win the cup it will never be good enough.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

You are right LoyalBlackNGold, but I thin after our 3rd Stanley Cup in a row whinners will disappear from this board ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I like the Bruins for game 5. I still do not like Claude's decisions. He is not pro-active. He could have used Tuuka, but didn't; He could have used Caron, but won't; he could have used Kamfer, but won't; he could put Rex on line 4 for lots of positive reasons, but won't; His style negates Marchand's capabilities as well as Horton's. He was canned in Montreal and New Jersey for good reasons. He cannot make in-game decisions. he is stubborn and stuck in" his way or the highway". His lack of leadership is why this team can be so inconsistent. Yes, he is in the last series before the Stanley Cup; BUT, so is Guy Boucher, a first year coach with a weaker team.
    Posted by bogie6

When could he have played Rask?  He hasn't played since April 10.  Are you going to throw him out there in a 3-3 game with Tampa charging hard?  There hasn't been an opportunity to put Rask in.  Other than maybe game 3 against Montreal, but if that happened we may have been discussing next year for the last month. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Anyone who is compaining about the Bruins being tied 2-2 in the ECF with home advantage can not be a true fan, can they?  Once they punch their ticket into the finals, all the haters will disappear until a bump in the road is hit in the finals.  And if they do win the cup I'm sure there will still be people calling for Julien's head because they did not sweep the playoffs.  Let's enjoy this run while it lasts.  There is a reason why Julien is coaching in the NHL and we are just posting on this forumn. Lets go BRUINS (in 7)!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

what ttbi said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

I agree w/everybody here that is saying sit Kaberle and play Kampfer!!!!!

GO B'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5 : How I've come to agree w/one of the posters I've locked horns with most in the past is a mystery to me, but I just don't get all this outrage over ANYTHING at this point. If you had told me at the start of this season that the Boston Bruins would find themselves not only IN the Final 4, but just 6 wins away from winning the Cup and going 2-2 into game 5 on home ice, 1) I wouldn't have believed you and 2) I'd take those chances regardless of the circumstances that got them there Meaning I wouldn't reject the scenario just b/c they should have won game 4 and didn't....put another way--the SJ Sharks didn't fold the tent when they went up 3-0 on Detroit and blew that lead--both in the series and in one of the games they lost--they still gut-checked it and went on to win game 7.....ditto Van. vs. Chicago this year.) Lookit, in no way am I CJ's biggest fan (my sig. tells you all you need to know about how I think he dealt w/Seguin), but results can't be argued with, and for crying out loud, the Bruins are within reach of their first Cup Finals since 1990. I don't know if they're going to win tonight. I don't know if game 4 will turn out to be the death knell of this team's season, and I don't know whether CJ gave the appropriate message between periods 1 and 2 in game 4 when he should have reminded his charges to remember how many similar leads they had blown. But if you want to rail on CJ and blame him for that one game, then give him credit for rolling out the line-up that won games 2 and 3 (esp. game 3). You'll find they're virtually the same. And let's remember that it isn't CJ's fault that Thomas hesitated like a rookie when playing that puck on goal #1 which started TB's comeback (I am telling you if he clears that puck right away instead of making Chara stand there like a doofus the Bruins go on to win), and sure as hel wasn't Claude's fault that Lucic abandonded all sense and reason giving Gagne the GW gift. Hockey is a frustrating sport on a million levels that often turns on a bad bounce here, a poke check there, etc. The Boston Bruins CAN win game 5 tonight, and while I don't KNOW it's a lock, I'm more than happy to know that if they DO, it puts them ONE win from the Stanley Cup Finals. The story would be exactly the same had they won game 4. Folks, it's not perfect, but it's pretty da*n good. Tonight feels to me like it's going to be a white-knuckler. Have the Tums on hand. Earfmuffs for the kids if you're prone to cursing. Be prepared to go to work tomorrow on little to no sleep. But I'm going out on a limb to say #18, Nathan Horton, "Mr. (O)T", scores the game-winner for Boston, and the Julien-led Bruins will look a lot more like the team you want on the ice than the one you don't.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Pretty good post.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mocean. Show Mocean's posts

I smell a Cup brewin' . . .

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Lucic Krejci Horton Seguin Bergeron Ryder Marchand Kelly Caron Paille Campbell Peverley Chara Sieds Kampfer Manchuck Ference Quaider     Rask
    Posted by jwb413

Tough to take you seriously when you are keeping Lucic on the first line with the way he's played in the playoffs. Or is the fact that he can't get out of his own way somehow Julien's fault too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WHATSCREENNAME. Show WHATSCREENNAME's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5:(below)...

If the B's somehow manage to stumble into the Cup Final and win the Cup I think the fans pushing for Julien to be fired will subside. However, what they will be making abundantly clear is that Clode needs to do something pretty amazing to thank Tim Thomas for covering up for all his faults.

With TT the B's would have already lost this series. Period. Anyone who wants to debate that can go directly to McLean Hospital. He has covered for the faults of all the players on the ice and Clode. HE deserves the cup... I'm not so sure about the rest of the guys.

Anyone who is compaining about the Bruins being tied 2-2 in the ECF with home advantage can not be a true fan, can they?  Once they punch their ticket into the finals, all the haters will disappear until a bump in the road is hit in the finals.  And if they do win the cup I'm sure there will still be people calling for Julien's head because they did not sweep the playoffs.  Let's enjoy this run while it lasts.  There is a reason why Julien is coaching in the NHL and we are just posting on this forumn. Lets go BRUINS (in 7)!!
    Posted by Rufus604

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

today's tool of the day quote..."if the bruins somehow manage to stumble into the cup final....clode needs to thank TT for covering up all his faults."- good one. you should have stopped posting after your sixth post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

adk, i'd like to read his 6 previous posts to see if they're all as brilliant as this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5 :(below)... If the B's somehow manage to stumble into the Cup Final and win the Cup I think the fans pushing for Julien to be fired will subside. However, what they will be making abundantly clear is that Clode needs to do something pretty amazing to thank Tim Thomas for covering up for all his faults. With TT the B's would have already lost this series. Period. Anyone who wants to debate that can go directly to McLean Hospital. He has covered for the faults of all the players on the ice and Clode. HE deserves the cup... I'm not so sure about the rest of the guys.
    Posted by WHATSCREENNAME

You are an idiot

Sections
Shortcuts