Game 51 - Bruins @ Islanders GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Game 51 - Bruins @ Islanders GDT

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Johnson's pads are either made of flubber or he needs to let some air out between periods.

He bailed his team out on the 1st save & you're complaining on that rebound? Glad you ain't a goalie coach! Nothing wrong with rebound control thus far. It's near impossible to control every single shote. 

No complaints on any of the goals -- all normal stuff. He's playing angles well. Unless it was on purpose -- it just seemed like a few innocent shots were popping out there pretty good. Granted -- the guys need to play better in front of him. Darn near stopped the 2 on none. That can't be a fun sight coming at you.

On the offensice side -- Good to see Eriksson and Soderberg getting back on track. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

all goes back to the Boychuk garbage penalty... Bruins were totally dominant up to that point (outshooting the Isles 18-2!)

since that point it has been 27 shots to 9 in favor of Isles... and what happened to winning faceoffs?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Soderberg likes the move to center.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Johnson's pads are either made of flubber or he needs to let some air out between periods.

He bailed his team out on the 1st save & you're complaining on that rebound? Glad you ain't a goalie coach! Nothing wrong with rebound control thus far. It's near impossible to control every single shote. 

No complaints on any of the goals -- all normal stuff. He's playing angles well. Unless it was on purpose -- it just seemed like a few innocent shots were popping out there pretty good. Granted -- the guys need to play better in front of him. Darn near stopped the 2 on none. That can't be a fun sight coming at you.

On the offensice side -- Good to see Eriksson and Soderberg getting back on track. 

Especially when both players don't spread out much. Makes it hard to cheat on the angle & force one of them to take that shote sooner than they want to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I do too,really noticable at center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I think every goal tonight is going to be highlight worthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

n response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Until Kelly gets back. Then what? and thanks for posting this beauty of a goal!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Ha...who made that cross-ice pass too Smith ?

Where's Chowda ?

LoL

And Shupe & NAS! Lol

I saw the replay from behind the net -- ST clearly had his eyes closed when he made the pass -- oh but it was a lucky deflection -- oh but he was supposed to be off on a line change -- oh but it was meant to be a shote on goal -- oh but but....LOL. Either way -- not a bad pass for a shelled amphibian.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Chara goal -- 500th NHL point -- great work by the waterbug on the sideboards

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

Unless they dump Caron, Spooner goes down and Kelly back at center. I don't agree with it but that is probably the way it goes.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Congrats to the BIG MAN! Well deserved & I'm sure it's an extra nice feeling it was against the team that drafted him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Unless they dump Caron, Spooner goes down and Kelly back at center. I don't agree with it but that is probably the way it goes.

Me neither! Caron had enough chances. He doesn't deserve to stay! 

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

probably unanamous agreement on that!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I prefer Spooner a hundred times over Caron. Ryan is creating chances, generating offense. Caron looks like Chris Bourque.

•  

Dez won't agree I don't think.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I don't know, he's even looking bad on t.v. ;-)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Great win

I didn't watch the game but looking at the boxscore don't see much from the first line

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I don't know, he's even looking bad on t.v. ;-)

To me the worst part was that he didn't look like he cared tonight.  It looks like he's stopped trying.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Despite a little sloppiness tonight another impressive win by the Bruins - LA, Philly and NYI. I am loving the more consistent efforts, Miller, Bartkowski, Soderberg, Ericksson, Smith and Marchand being back to his old self.  Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, Iggy and Lucic doing what they always do.  Great work!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Bergeron's line is really playing some incredible hockey right now. What a pleasure to watch. This latest incarnation of the 3rd line, with Soderberg at center, had a good game and everyone looked comfortable together. The 4th line on the other hand, got hemmed in a lot and appeared at times to be a liability out there.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Great goal by the Yeti (or "Soderstrom", according to Butch Goring).

And a great goal by Loui Cheekbones too, but I would still not break up the 2nd line - Bergeron is +9 with 4 goals and 6 assists in his last six games, Marchand is +10 with 7 goals and 5 assists, Smith +8 with 2 goals and 5 assists.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:

Bergeron's line is really playing some incredible hockey right now. What a pleasure to watch. This latest incarnation of the 3rd line, with Soderberg at center, had a good game and everyone looked comfortable together. The 4th line on the other hand, got hemmed in a lot and appeared at times to be a liability out there.  

Merlot giveth, Merlot taketh away.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

SODERBERG WATCH OUT HE WILL BE KEY IN PLAYOFFS

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Ha...who made that cross-ice pass too Smith ?

Where's Chowda ?

LoL

And Shupe & NAS! Lol

Yes, let's encourage the ventriliquist and his puppet to start thread # 862 about what they love to hate. 

Can't say enough how much I enjoy the repetitive Thornton threads with those two slapping each other on the back with their comments.

I'm sure everyone else feels the same way.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Seeing soderberg play at center has opened alot of eyes and truly is making decisions for the Bs more difficult. I cant see them sending spooner down ( isnt there a waiver 1st ? ) not sure but i can see caron being sent back down. The knock on Spooner is ( quoting from sports anylists) is he needs a bit more maturity to the NHL and needs to be stronger and work on his faceoffs. I dont know why but i have a feeling were gonna see a trade, here we go again with that depth at center that seems to always affect who plays where etc.

Back to the game it was a good game, for the turn around of shots, the islanders are a good team and they do this to all the top teams they play.

• Sections
    Shortcuts