Game 51 - Bruins @ Islanders GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Game 51 - Bruins @ Islanders GDT

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Seeing soderberg play at center has opened alot of eyes and truly is making decisions for the Bs more difficult. I cant see them sending spooner down ( isnt there a waiver 1st ? ) not sure but i can see caron being sent back down. The knock on Spooner is ( quoting from sports anylists) is he needs a bit more maturity to the NHL and needs to be stronger and work on his faceoffs. I dont know why but i have a feeling were gonna see a trade, here we go again with that depth at center that seems to always affect who plays where etc.

Back to the game it was a good game, for the turn around of shots, the islanders are a good team and they do this to all the top teams they play.

He's getting better at using his size & since he's moved to center he's shown some speed I never knew he had. I don't think there's a d-man in the league that would've stopped him on that goal last nite. That was Rick Nash type & could be just what the Dr. ordered for the 3rd line. As we move closer to the break. This is where you just may see a Kelly, Soderberg & Eriksson together with Kel & Yeti alternating at different draws. Caron will go back to Provindence with Spooner & ST alternating. The only way I see Spooner going back is if the coaching staff feels that staying with the big club will hurt his develpement getting limited icetime.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I think what we've seen of Soderberg at centre might just mean a return to Providence for Spooner.  Small, small sample, and he can't win a faceoff, but he's been a much more involved player when he's the C, and that line has had much better possession leading to much better offensive push.  With Spooner, they haven't had as much success establishing themselves in the offensive zone.  Spooner's been successful off the rush using his speed, but if the rush doesn't yield a goal, it fizzles.  With Kelly, there's a lot more dump and chase, and I think Soderberg's been game but that's not his best game.  When he's in the middle, he can set the tone and give that line a different identity.  Put Kelly in for Paille, and send Spooner back to work on his game knowing that he's capable of playing in the NHL, but right now, he's not their best option at #3C.

As much as Caron has been non-descript, I'm happier with him drawing in for a game or two here and there than Spooner, who I would prefer to see working on his game with lots of ice time.  And if there's another injury requiring a 20+ game fill-in, well, Google says you can get from Providence to the Garden in under an hour on I-95/I-93. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"We're going to see an influx of young players this year. They're going to get a chance, not just the ones that we have seen last year but the other guys are going to get a chance," Chiarelli said. "We're going to have to make room and find players because to make the commitments that we did to our core, although the cap is going to go up, you have to have flexibility, you have to have the other players coming. So that scenario I would like to improve on."

Nothing more for Ryan Spooner to do or learn in the AHL. Total waste of time and it would be Chiarelli going back on his word. Keeping Caron would be heading back to 2010 philosphy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yeah, I think what we've seen of Soderberg at centre might just mean a return to Providence for Spooner.  Small, small sample, and he can't win a faceoff, but he's been a much more involved player when he's the C, and that line has had much better possession leading to much better offensive push.  With Spooner, they haven't had as much success establishing themselves in the offensive zone.  Spooner's been successful off the rush using his speed, but if the rush doesn't yield a goal, it fizzles.  With Kelly, there's a lot more dump and chase, and I think Soderberg's been game but that's not his best game.  When he's in the middle, he can set the tone and give that line a different identity.  Put Kelly in for Paille, and send Spooner back to work on his game knowing that he's capable of playing in the NHL, but right now, he's not their best option at #3C.

As much as Caron has been non-descript, I'm happier with him drawing in for a game or two here and there than Spooner, who I would prefer to see working on his game with lots of ice time.  And if there's another injury requiring a 20+ game fill-in, well, Google says you can get from Providence to the Garden in under an hour on I-95/I-93. 

I'm not happy with Caron at all in any situation. It's time to cut bait here & start seeing what others can do. Caron has had more than his fair share of opportunities in Boston. His negatives far out weigh his positives. If ST is going to be sitting? I'd much rather see someone like Spooner than Caron taking his spot. Go to Provindence Jordon & be a St. Pierre down there.  

Sections
Shortcuts