In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tuukka with a solid night tonight!

[/QUOTE]

Well rested.....

[/QUOTE]

I don't buy the need rest excuse .  He's played about half the season and I find the Bruins have done a good job with his playng time, not having him play back to back games and rarely 2 games in a row.  He's paid as an elite goalie and therefore must play. 

Where have the Martin Brodeur's gone ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Game 55 - Canknuckleheads at Bruins GDT

In response to cowboys9's comment:[QUOTE]

Tuukka with a solid night tonight! [/QUOTE]

Well rested.....[/QUOTE]

Johnson finally made Julien trust him, now he will spell Rask some more. That is a good thing for Tuukka, no reason to overplay him. It's good to have a backup push the starter.

Broduer didn't have that in New Jersey didn't need it...he's superhuman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Brodeur's the best I've ever seen.  There were others who were as dominant and who have put up better seasons, but you know, goalies...sometimes the worm turns a bit, and they look human no matter how good they are.  Brodeur's the one guy who looked like there was no worm sometimes.  There was no luck, there was no question of "bounces," and there was no "product of the system."  He locked you out.  He just flat out beat people and teams - he was constantly in control.

Hasek was fascinating and very, very good.  But for long stretches you'd watch Brodeur and just know that nothing that mattered would get by him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brodeur's the best I've ever seen. 

[/QUOTE]

Next to Bruce Gamble.Just kidding,but for me the thing that always stood out was Marty's reliability and the teams knowledge that game in and game out if the Devils lost the game it wasn't because of him. He has always been a consistently great goaltender from a young age and although the forwards and defence changes in New Jersey, Brodeur was always the constant.It didn't hurt to have Stevens & Neidermayer though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Brodeur's the best I've ever seen.  There were others who were as dominant and who have put up better seasons, but you know, goalies...sometimes the worm turns a bit, and they look human no matter how good they are.  Brodeur's the one guy who looked like there was no worm sometimes.  There was no luck, there was no question of "bounces," and there was no "product of the system."  He locked you out.  He just flat out beat people and teams - he was constantly in control.

Hasek was fascinating and very, very good.  But for long stretches you'd watch Brodeur and just know that nothing that mattered would get by him.

[/QUOTE]

I know it's hard to compare Brodeur , I was eluding to the fact that cowboy mentions Rask good game due to being rested.  God Forbid they play back to backs these days. Starting goalies used to play 5 straight games .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Spike77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No goal & right call!

[/QUOTE]

Then it's a penalty on Krug. 

[/QUOTE]

Not always. Ref's discretion on incidental contact.............which it was.

[/QUOTE]

Yea the penalty was served when the goal got called back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me too! And if there ever was a "battle of the goalies" in the opening round of the 93-94 play-offs it was between Hasek & Brodeur. As Cherry says...'Hasek's GAA was under 2.00 & he still lost!" 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When I think of Brodeur the first thing that comes to mind is consistency. He was consistently on top of his game and rarely had a bad one. Roy, would have the occassional stinker, when he was bad, he was real bad. Brodeur never really seemed to have that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it's hard to compare Brodeur , I was eluding to the fact that cowboy mentions Rask good game due to being rested.  God Forbid they play back to backs these days. Starting goalies used to play 5 straight games .

[/QUOTE]

I still see Pekka, The King, Smith and other playing a majority of the games.  When you make the most on your team and at you position please play lots of games.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... who was the last goalie to play every game in a schedule... ? (hint... he's a Bruin!)

Sections
Shortcuts